Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

21 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Living In Florida, we went North to see the Kids and Grandkids mid March, 2020. Flight up was normal. Flight back was surreal.  Back in FL, we followed all the guidelines, masks, sanitizer, constant handwashing, etc. Never scrubbed the food or left the mail out in the garage to "decontaminate" since I knew that was ridiculous ( the early tests that said they found SARS-CoV-2 on surfaces were of an amount too small to cause Covid and the CDC has since retracted that "info"). Our golf courses were kept open, restaurants shifted to delivery and takeout, etc. By last summer, restaurants opened at 50% for indoor dining and, being FL, we had access to many outdoor dining establishments. FL never truly shut down like many States and our economy, tho bruised, was never decimated as many other State economies have been by the draconian decisions made by the Powers That Be. FL today is like FL in February 2020, open and free having experienced less misery and death than many other States. I know not all will agree with me and that's fine. This is my personal experience and my way of saying to you that the best is yet to come for you in CA.

That is pretty much the way it has been in my state of Texas and our experience. No mask mandate for months and all businesses have been open 100% since March. Our economy is almost as strong as pre Covid, and our Covid numbers continue to decline to levels not seen since April 2020.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

A positive test does NOT equate to a case.  

How can a positive result not count as a positive case? This makes no sense. If coronavirus is detected then you have the virus irrespective of being symptomatic  or asymptomatic. Every other country counts this as a case. Are the USA trying to reduce their numbers by cooking the books? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marieps said:

We love the west.  Just back from Utah nat'l parks and Yosemite is next.  We always use Vegas as our base!  Except for Yellowstone....that was SLC.

Heading to Vegas in the morning. About a three and a half hour drive through the Mojave. 😊

3 hours ago, Bluewake said:

, I don't see it as being quite that dichotomous.  This is a unique virus/situation and the knowledge is evolving, albeit not in a direct linear way.  Rather, the process has been more of a "long and winding road" with one study coming out noting a conclusion, soon followed by another with differing results.  We've seen this in terms of how the virus is transmitted, the benefits of masks, the efficacy of vaccines, the merits of distancing and other precautions, the trustworthiness of the CDC, etc..  And unfortunately, too much of the media and too many political leaders seem to endorse the findings that fit their readers/supporters narratives, looking to enhance their readership or voter base by validating their pre-existing biases. 

Very well said, couldn’t agree more. Too many people only see black and white whereas in a pandemic as in life in general there are many many shades of grey. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

How can a positive result not count as a positive case? This makes no sense. If coronavirus is detected then you have the virus irrespective of being symptomatic  or asymptomatic. Every other country counts this as a case. Are the USA trying to reduce their numbers by cooking the books? 

It could be a false positive.  That is why most countries conduct two tests.

However only to count positive tests as cases if the patient, assuming vaccinated, is either hospitalised or dead seems a touch selective. JMO

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

Very well said, couldn’t agree more. Too many people only see black and white whereas in a pandemic as in life in general there are many many shades of grey. 

I've heard in some people's lives, there are 50 shades of grey.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That is pretty much the way it has been in my state of Texas and our experience. No mask mandate for months and all businesses have been open 100% since March. Our economy is almost as strong as pre Covid, and our Covid numbers continue to decline to levels not seen since April 2020.

Yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marieps said:

You're singing my song.  Among those not getting the difference: Johns Hopkins.

The medical establishment is often slow to change its mind.  Sometimes takes a century or two.  And in the meantime, they vilify those who come up with "unorthodox" ideas such as handwashing.  See the case of Ignaz Semmelweis.

2 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

A positive test result means the person tested positive.  Period.  A case means that the person actually has symptoms and thus the disease.  Two different things entirely.  Sorry you can't make that distinction.  But neither can those who think they are in charge.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

A positive test result means the person tested positive.  Period.  A case means that the person actually has symptoms and thus the disease.  Two different things entirely.  Sorry you can't make that distinction.  But neither can those who think they are in charge.

So are you saying if you are asymptomatic you don’t have the disease? This is completely incorrect. If you test positive for COVID (with the exception of a false positive test) then you have the disease, symptomatic or not. How else do many people go on to develop and suffer from long COVID from an asymptomatic but positive test?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiP4Mfxt5XxAhUaD2MBHdkADakQFnoECAcQAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pharmacytimes.com%2Fview%2Fstudy-many-long-haul-covid-19-patients-were-asymptomatic-during-initial-infection&usg=AOvVaw1k5oo-1ToXIkLKKzjM3Z9U 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Are they?

If you test positive for diabetes, you can have the disease with no symptoms. It should not be left untreated. It can also not be transmitted.

There are millions of undiagnosed diabetics in the world.

The challenge of Covid 19 is that it can be transmitted before symptoms manifest themselves.

However I accept that 1 positive test result is insufficient for a confirmed case.

JMO

Edited by anniegb

3 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

A PCR test is used to diagnosis people who are currently infected with the virus

known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

The disease it causes is called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

It is possible to have the virus but not develop the disease, especially when vaccinated.

Edited by leetchie69
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Do you also think that if you are positive for the virus HIV then you have the disease AIDS?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, leetchie69 said:

A PCR test is used to diagnosis people who are currently infected with the virus

known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

The disease it causes is called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

It is possible to have the virus but not develop the disease, especially when vaccinated.

Thanks for the lesson but being a healthcare professional for the last 40 years and working with people who have been infected and sadly  died of covid, I do have  a little  experience  of this disease.  The point I am making is you may not have symptomatic disease but you are still classed as infected and a positive carrier of the virus and additionally  have the potential to infect others as well as developing long covid. No vaccine is 100% effective although being fully vaccinated reduces your chances considerably.  It is incorrect to say just because people don’t display symptoms they don’t have the disease, they still are infected but just don’t  display any symptoms.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Do you also think that if you are positive for the virus HIV then you have the disease AIDS?

Completely different, sars cov2 is an acute disease which will infect within a few days of exposure, whereas HIV is now  a chronic disease which has the potential to develop into full blown aids without effective treatment. 

7 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

Completely different, sars cov2 is an acute disease which will infect within a few days of exposure, whereas HIV is now  a chronic disease which has the potential to develop into full blown aids without effective treatment. 

Infect IFF the viral load is sufficient; I still think my analogy is accurate.  Given that COVID-19 is passed through respiration, I wonder why they haven't been able to develop a "breathalyzer" like tube to measure viral load in respiration.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The medical establishment is often slow to change its mind.  Sometimes takes a century or two.  And in the meantime, they vilify those who come up with "unorthodox" ideas such as handwashing.  See the case of Ignaz Semmelweis.

I read a novel by Morton Thompson called the Cry and the Covenant about the Semmelweis technique.  It was fascinating.

41 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Still can't figure out multiquote, but I also sometimes don't take it off if I'm doing lots of stops close together.

For Multiquote click the + sign to the left of the word Quote under each post you want to include...
886770995_ScreenShot2021-06-13at6_44_41PM.jpg.179248eebc230df236e9aee7b3d50bda.jpg

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Never mind...not getting into a "it's a case it's not a case argument" 

I understand your frustration and probably the reason why I rarely post.  As a certified professional coder and having worked in health care for my entire career, I too have issues with how data is misconstrued.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

For Multiquote click the + sign to the left of the word Quote under each post you want to include...
886770995_ScreenShot2021-06-13at6_44_41PM.jpg.179248eebc230df236e9aee7b3d50bda.jpg

thanks.  I got that far, but not how to start the post, although I just noticed a button on the far right that might do it.

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Handwashing is always a good idea, but it's unlikely to protect you from getting Covid.

59 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Handwashing is always a good idea, but it's unlikely to protect you from getting Covid.

I believe that the OPs point was that hand washing in the 1800s was villified by the medical establishment.  It took them a while to catch up with the times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neptuno said:

PLEASE,  let's get back on track.  Did those with Covid get good treatment?  Or were they put of ship like on MSC?

On another thread they said that they were quarantined in a cabin on deck 2 (not their original cabin) and there were another group isolated in their cabins until their retests came back negative. Those in their cabins had excellent meals for room service and were treated very well. They were released when their tests came back negative. The positives were kept isolated and apparently were flown home by private aircraft.

This is what I understand from what I have read.

• Like 1