Paved walking path in Coco Cay?

auntjoy036

Hi. I am going to Coco Cay this summer. I cannot walk on sand. Is the path from the pier to the Oasis Lagoon paved the whole way? Thanks.

PS: I posted this question on the Royal Caribbean and Bahamas forums, but got no clear answer.

This man is a wheelchair user but he talks about Oasis Lagoon and its accessibility.   His article is from 2019.   

https://spintheglobe.net/dir/2019/07/29/wheelchair-accessibility-cococay/

Also this video (also from a wheelchair user) about Coco Cay.  Oasis Lagoon is shown at about the

1 min 45 second spot.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDGyvT0ZFeo

You can also contact Royal Caribbean's Access Department and ask about access (sand vs paved).  

Access Department:  (866) 592-7225,  or send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com

I will be on Coco Cay in July, and will be posting videos.  My wife will be traveling with a scooter.  They have beach wheelchairs as well and I will post videos of those on my YT channel.

• 1 month later...

I asked the same question regarding CoCo Cay a year or two ago. Yes, there are paved pathways very suitable for scooter use all over the island. However, there are areas where one almost has to walk a little bit through sand to get to a beach chair or to sit in reasonable proximity to the water.  I know my dh did sit just off a sort of lagoon type beach/body of water that was one of the first "beachy" area you come to. He parked the scooter along the edge of the walkway pretty close to and within sight of where we sat for a little while.  Sorry but I can't recall all of the areas or their names so can't answer your question with regard to the particular area you are asking about (and am too lazy to look it up on a CoCo Cay map right now!).