Cruise Planner 125% FCC

Our Oasis cruise that cancelled in August of 2020, we took the refund.  Our Oasis cruise that just cancelled for this August, we are going to take the 125% FCC.  In conjunction with it, we are entitled to a 125% FCC on our cruise planner purchases.  We have about 1250 tied up with UDP @ 179 pp, UBP @ 47 pp and the Coco Cay Beach Club @ 65 pp.  I called today about pricing for a sailing next June and was told that the UDP was not for sale yet, the drinks were 67 and Club was 182.

Now, for those of you familiar with the intricacies of this program....if we decide to take the 125 FCC for the planner purchases, before I pull the trigger as and buy anything, can I get a refund?  If the Club is still way over a 100, I don't  want it.  I also don't want anything else that is possibly available to buy besides the three items I thought we would be enjoying at the end of August.  

Just need some clarification please.  My TA had nothing to do with it and I trust more people to be informed on Cruise Critic than the CSR's at Royal.

Are you sure they are still doing the125% for cruise planner purchases? Others have mentioned that it has not been a recent option. 

Cruise planner purchases are refundable, but not if you use the OBC (125% CP credit) to purchase them. You will never get the cash back then. (It becomes non-refundable) I don't quite understand the rest of your question. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Are you sure they are still doing the125% for cruise planner purchases? Others have mentioned that it has not been a recent option. 

Cruise planner purchases are refundable, but not if you use the OBC (125% CP credit) to purchase them. You will never get the cash back then. (It becomes non-refundable) I don't quite understand the rest of your question. 

I was inquiring if I decide that I want the FCC, but before I spend it, I decide that the new prices are too asinine like the disparity of the Beach Club,  which I have read about a low of under 50 and a high of over 200.

It's bad enough that the same sailing has been cancelled for two straight years, but it just adds insult to injury when the reasonable prices that I bought the planner purchases are now possibly through the roof.  Nonsense like this is why I have Royal down on my list of preferred lines to cruise on.  No other cruise line has dynamic pricing like Royal does.  The price of things are the same for excursions and other miscellaneous purchases on all of their competition.   Once I buy a cruise on every other line,  I don't  need to keep checking for sales on the peripherals.  

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was inquiring if I decide that I want the FCC, but before I spend it, I decide that the new prices are too asinine like the disparity of the Beach Club,  which I have read about a low of under 50 and a high of over 200.

It's bad enough that the same sailing has been cancelled for two straight years, but it just adds insult to injury when the reasonable prices that I bought the planner purchases are now possibly through the roof.  Nonsense like this is why I have Royal down on my list of preferred lines to cruise on.  No other cruise line has dynamic pricing like Royal does.  The price of things are the same for excursions and other miscellaneous purchases on all of their competition.   Once I buy a cruise on every other line,  I don't  need to keep checking for sales on the peripherals.  

If you can't get a refund, is it possible you can have it applied to a future cruise?  Prices of everything have skyrocketed on land so this is no surprise.  

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was inquiring if I decide that I want the FCC, but before I spend it,

Still non refundable.

Did you get the offer for the 125% on cruise planner purchases?  It was not listed as an option in the updates that went out to TA's

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Still non refundable.

Did you get the offer for the 125% on cruise planner purchases?  It was not listed as an option in the updates that went out to TA's

I guess I mistakenly assumed that it would be coming.  Are refunds given only through the credit card that you used or could you ask for a check to be cut instead.  The cc I used I don't use any more so a check would be preferable.  Thanks Ken.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

I guess I mistakenly assumed that it would be coming.  Are refunds given only through the credit card that you used or could you ask for a check to be cut instead.  The cc I used I don't use any more so a check would be preferable.  Thanks Ken.

They have to first try the original form of payment.  Only if that comes back to them then they will issue a check.  

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have to first try the original form of payment.  Only if that comes back to them then they will issue a check.  

If you still have that credit card but not actively using, my experience has been a credit balance remaining for a couple billing cycles can be returned as a check, you have to request it. Your credit card company will be able to tell you if you have this option.

I believe they want a couple of billing cycles to pass in case any straggling charges hit your account.

I was told by my TA today that the cruise planner credit had to be used to book a new sailing and cannot be used as OB credit or for new cruise planner purchases.

• Thanks 1

I had 16 Royal cruises canceled, many that had FCC's from previous cruises applied. I had so many problems with FCC's that I would never, make that NEVER, accept another FCC from Royal.

Lately I've been doing L&S. Based on future fares that is much better than a promised 125%. You should consider this option.

I lost over $1900 in FCC's that Royal won't  recognize. I will not apply any remaining FCC until Royal starts cruising again. Problems occurred with the cancellation of cruises that had FCC's applied getting the FCC restored.

51 minutes ago, B113 said:

I was told by my TA today that the cruise planner credit had to be used to book a new sailing and cannot be used as OB credit or for new cruise planner purchases.

Just the opposite.

where people took the 125% for cruise planner purchases they could only use that to apply it as OBC for a different sailing.  The cruise planner credit could not be used to book a new cruise. I have done dozens of these for clients and myself. 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just the opposite.

where people took the 125% for cruise planner purchases they could only use that to apply it as OBC for a different sailing.  The cruise planner credit could not be used to book a new cruise. I have done dozens of these for clients and myself. 

This is a large agency I'm dealing with and evidently they don't have it straight. Can the TA apply the planner credit to your reservation or do I need to contact RCI who will tell me to call the TA?

29 minutes ago, B113 said:

This is a large agency I'm dealing with and evidently they don't have it straight. Can the TA apply the planner credit to your reservation or do I need to contact RCI who will tell me to call the TA?

You can apply it yourself.  Call guest relations. 800.256.6649.