Tahiti requires vaccine to avoid quarantine

Mercruiser

French Polynesia updated their entry requirement on June 10. Bottom line is that you need to be vaccinated. If not vaccinated, you are required to have "Justification of compelling reasons" and undergo a 10-day quarantine.

Here is the link: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

I think this policy makes a lot of sense. Those that refuse to be vaccinated will find their international travel opportunities are very limited.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I decided not to book another cruise until after they successfully restart and I know what I'm buying. We have a trip to Moorea booked in February, staying at a resort. We are traveling a lot, just not cruising. Presently, we are camping in north Idaho on Lake Pend Orielle.

Edited by Mercruiser

Have enjoyed Lake Pend Oreille too. Should be cooler there than the rest of the NW this weekend.

Good gawd- even good ol' Seal Rock is hitting 76* on Sunday, Husband has Rogue's Dead Guy Ale in the fridge for the occasion.

Where. are you going to be on the coast- or just traveling about?

We are going to camp at Tillicum Beach and make day trips from there. Booking an ocean front site at Tillicum is a very competitive game. The sites are booked within about 2 seconds of when they are released.

We are also going through Crater lake and Crescent City (Jeddadiah Redwoods) on the way there. Though I'm half expecting that forest fires may require us to change plans. This is looking like it might be even worse than last year.

14 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

We are going to camp at Tillicum Beach and make day trips from there. Booking an ocean front site at Tillicum is a very competitive game. The sites are booked within about 2 seconds of when they are released.

I'm 6 miles from Tillicum Beach Park and you'll drive right by my home on Coast Hwy 🙂 Jedediah is the ideal place to hang out and be in the redwoods. You're headed for some idyllic places-what a terrific itinerary. 

Edited by Petoonya