AOS new requirement for June 19 cruise

section1_icon.jpg

spacer.gif

Testing Updates*

Vaccinated Guests 

NEW UPDATE: Vaccinated guests are required to provide a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test taken no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas and present it upon check-in. This is an extra precaution we are taking to give everyone added peace of mind.

Vaccinated guests do not require any other pre-cruise testing. For re-entry into your home country, you may require proof of a negative COVID-19 test. If needed, we’ll offer complimentary testing for you on Day 5 or 6 of your cruise. Additional details will be provided onboard.

Unvaccinated Guests

All unvaccinated guests 2 years and older will need to take three tests.

1. Within five days of arrival into The Bahamas, guests will undergo a SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test. The negative test result is to be presented upon check-in. Costs associated with this test are the guests’ responsibility.

·        Guests 12 years and older will also need to submit the negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR result as part of the Bahamas Health Visa online application process and provide proof upon arrival in the airport.

2. On boarding day, guests will take a complimentary antigen test at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau, where check-in will take place. Registration details will be sent to you via email before departure.

3. A final complimentary test will take place onboard on Day 5 or 6 as required for re-entry into The Bahamas. This test may also be used for entry into your home country, if needed. Additional details will be provided onboard.

Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.

*Note: Health protocols and sailing requirements are subject to change. 

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

• Like 1

Got the email.  Spent all morning/afternoon finding a site that would schedule me and guarantee 24 to 48 hour turn around.

then I got notice from my TA that our Mariner 5/2 cruise has been chartered.  It is in the middle of a B2B2B2B.

59 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I wonder if the Bahamas is asking for this?  It was a requirement, at our cost, when we first booked.  Can’t blame Royal for not covering it when it needs to be done before leaving home.

I think this is just paranoia on RC's part

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Just when I thought I had all my ducks in a row for my cruise..... 😒

All ducks in a row won't be set until you board the ship and then being able to get off after 7 nights as scheduled and not getting sick on the ship or after you get home.

• Like 1

Our Covid tests are free here. Although many of the testing sites are shutting down because the majority of Californians are getting vaccinated and our numbers are very, very low. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

Edited by Coralc

12 hours ago, lynnemac said:

And we have to pay for it ourselves! Saved some money didn't you Royal. I guess being vaccinated doesn't really mean a lot in this case.

You don't have to pay for it. You can simply choose not to cruise. RCL doesn't do business for your convenience.

• Like 3

It’s been so frustrating.  It seems like every day something changes.  We’re getting our required PCR test (rapid testing is not acceptable) on Tuesday and leaving for Nassau on Friday.  Hopefully we’ll get our results by Thursday since we need to present a printed copy of our results upon check in.

Well what do you know. They’re charging the vaccinated extra too. Exactly the way it should be since they are not immune either!l as they believe they are! Where are those laughing and speculating that the unvaccinated will pay thousands extra for testing for a 7day cruise😏

Edited by texmat
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, koolZip said:

You don't have to pay for it. You can simply choose not to cruise. RCL doesn't do business for your convenience.

Not really a good option, when you're already all in on plane tickets, hotel rooms etc.  and you are set to leave in 4 days.  It's kind of like a barber cutting your hair on one half of your head, and then charging you extra to finish cutting the other side.  Yeah, you might pay the extra charge, but its not a positive thing.  But if the haircut is a good one, you might decide to overlook it.

Edited by DWhit
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sept10dsm said:

Vacation is becoming harder than work.  I feel bad for all the trouble people are going through

I think that is why so many have been reluctant to cruise now. Who wants to get caught up in this?

2 hours ago, texmat said:

Well what do you know. They’re charging the vaccinated extra too. Exactly the way it should be since they are not immune either!l as they believe they are! Where are those laughing and speculating that the unvaccinated will pay thousands extra for testing for a 7day cruise😏

The unvaccinated extra fees are for USA embarkation; slow your roll, time will tell. 

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

hopefully you are able to find a place to do a free test within the 5 day window before leaving your home.    

How much is Royal going to charge for those 2 and up that are not vaccinated?    I didn't see a price mentioned anywhere yet.

They aren’t charging for anyone ineligible for the vaccine

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't most of you have a Walgreens by you to do a Covid test. My wife has had 3 tests done at various times and there is no charge, results in less then 3 hours.

Yes, just don't tell them you need it for travel.   If you say you need test for travel they will charge you approx. $100 pp.