Assigned check in time right up against sailing time

KikisDad

Just a guess, but it might be that they can spreading out check in and take longer, because “muster” is now a video instead of a drill. That probably saves a bunch of time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KikisDad said:

We just checked in for the July 30 Millennium Alaska sailing. Our checkin time is 3 with sailing at 4. I assume one of these will change. Has anyone seen this before? 

We're sailing on the 23rd and it's the same for us.

• Like 1

Did you check in on line or via the App and did you have to upload your passport?  Our cruise is not until October so we can't check in yet.  I just sent in the renewal for our passports and don't know if I will have them by Mid July.   Wondering if this will prevent me from being able to check in when it is available.

33 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Did you check in on line or via the App and did you have to upload your passport?  Our cruise is not until October so we can't check in yet.  I just sent in the renewal for our passports and don't know if I will have them by Mid July.   Wondering if this will prevent me from being able to check in when it is available.

I mailed our PPs on March 20 and had them back around May 23.  The expired ones came under separate cover the next day.  Did not pay for expedited processing.

2 hours ago, KikisDad said:

We just checked in for the July 30 Millennium Alaska sailing. Our checkin time is 3 with sailing at 4. I assume one of these will change. Has anyone seen this before? 

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We're sailing on the 23rd and it's the same for us.

10 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

The only time slot available to me through the app check-in for my July 30th sailing was also 3 pm.

Same for us on the August 27 Millennium Alaska sailing.  Only one slot offered, at 3 pm.  I expect that will have to change.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, marieps said:

I mailed our PPs on March 20 and had them back around May 23.  The expired ones came under separate cover the next day.  Did not pay for expedited processing.

Thanks.  I can always try inputting the info from our current passport that expires the day after we return from our cruise.

27 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks.  I can always try inputting the info from our current passport that expires the day after we return from our cruise.

Could you please report back if you end up successfully doing that? I have a similar situation, and was wary about being able to change the check in info after the new passport arrives (have never had to try that before).

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Ours didn't expire until next February, but we had a very small window before int'l travel in July, the Sillie TA in November...and the holiday cruise on which we'll see you in December.  We've also renewed Global Entry, and will do our in-person interviews at ATL in July.

Edited by marieps

We contacted Celebrity regarding 3:00 - 3:30 pm being the only check in time for a 4:00 pm sailing (d'oh!) The agent we spoke with agreed that time was too late (no kidding!) and recommended we get there mid-day. She said not to worry if there are no other times to select.

The countdown is on to July 30th! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DogLover said:

We contacted Celebrity regarding 3:00 - 3:30 pm being the only check in time for a 4:00 pm sailing (d'oh!) The agent we spoke with agreed that time was too late (no kidding!) and recommended we get there mid-day. She said not to worry if there are no other times to select.

The countdown is on to July 30th! 🙂

Great info - thanks for doing that legwork!

• Like 3

I suspect the departure time will be changed.  Our Edge sailing moved from a 4pm to 6 pm departure.  

It’s possible available checkin times are allocated by cabin category and possibly CC level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I suspect the departure time will be changed.  Our Edge sailing moved from a 4pm to 6 pm departure.  

It’s possible available checkin times are allocated by cabin category and possibly CC level.

Agreed, anything is possible regarding changes right up until sailing.

Not sure how check-in times are allocated - we're sailing in a suite and are Elite but I generally don't give much credence to those designations.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DogLover said:

Agreed, anything is possible regarding changes right up until sailing.

Not sure how check-in times are allocated - we're sailing in a suite and are Elite but I generally don't give much credence to those designations.

We are in two Royal Suites, and two of us are Elite, so I'm not thinking that it is the issue, either.  Definitely could be a later departure coming our way.  I was hoping for a lobster roll in Luminae for lunch, but I'll be happy just to be on the ship whenever they let us on! 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 3:29 PM, jelayne said:

We are Elite plus, so I’m guessing they just have the one time for now