Cocaine found on RC ship

CBP would have the fingerprints of all of the crew I am sure.   Would love to know  what the plan was as far as getting it off, since it was found in an odd space.  The place to hide it would have been in a bunch of life jackets then the people would have been able to either take it out and try to smuggle it off or just toss the life preserver off the boat during the night.  There are cameras to look at but only if they do want to go back and look at them, if they took some life jackets out of bulk storage?

1 minute ago, fredflint said:

CBP would have the fingerprints of all of the crew I am sure.

Not even close.  Most international crew are not even credentialed as merchant mariners, so not even their home countries would likely have their prints.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Not even close.  Most international crew are not even credentialed as merchant mariners, so not even their home countries would likely have their prints.

I'm going to guess they won't find fingerprints on those bricks anyway.

49 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

US requires it for a crewmember visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/crewmember-visa.html

Attend Your Visa Interview

A consular officer will interview you to determine whether you are qualified to receive a crewmember visa, and if so, which visa category is appropriate based on your purpose of travel. You must establish that you meet the requirements under U.S. law to receive the visa in the category for which you are applying.

Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans are taken as part of the application process. They are usually taken during your interview, but this varies based on location.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fredflint said:

US requires it for a crewmember visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/crewmember-visa.html

Attend Your Visa Interview

A consular officer will interview you to determine whether you are qualified to receive a crewmember visa, and if so, which visa category is appropriate based on your purpose of travel. You must establish that you meet the requirements under U.S. law to receive the visa in the category for which you are applying.

Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans are taken as part of the application process. They are usually taken during your interview, but this varies based on location.

Thanks, I stand corrected, didn't used to be that way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

But they have to enter the country on their is it C Visas don't they? And since 2003 or 2004 CPB have been taking fingerprints of all foreign nationals upon arrival no exceptions unless you actually lost both hands or arms somehow like in war. And prints also taken at your embassy during the C Visa application process no exceptions I believe again unless of loss of limbs.

Edited by ace2542

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Thanks, I stand corrected, didn't used to be that way.

Stand or site we are all friends, much stricter now, everyone is using biometrics to make it easier to process people the old days of holding up a passport and deciding if the guy looks like his pic is always difficult.  I figured out the answer a few years ago I sent in a after cruise pic for my passport photo, beard, scruffy hair, tan and 20 lbs heavier 🙂

On 6/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, livingonthebeach said:

I don't get how this could happen if (reported on another thread) the crew has not been allowed off any ship while in any port for many months.  Seems like the contraband was transported onto the ship by another ship -- if that's the case it would have had to involve a pretty high level officer.  Don't see any other way.  Maybe @ace2542 has a theory? 😇

Most likely brought onto the ship via supplies. Hundreds of forklift trips to load up the ship. EZ to hide some of this stuff. But 69 pounds is alot so there had to be multiple people involved at different levels of security clearance.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, sfaaa said:

Bing Bong. Mr. Eric Clapton, please go to guest service to retrieve your luggage.

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Actually old Slow Hand has been pretty straight, thus his Crossroads foundation. 

Eric’s has always said the song is anti cocaine. Plus it was actually written by J J Cale.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ronrythm said:

Eric’s has always said the song is anti cocaine. Plus it was actually written by J J Cale.

Not to hi-jack the thread but he has a new set of tour dates for this fall. Tickets go on sale on Friday. I hope to land a couple for the Houston show.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin