best hotel in Miami with shuttle from airport and to port

momzweig

First time going on Disney cruise with my daughter and granddaughter.  We will be arriving in Miami 2 days before our cruise and would like to know which hotels you may recommend that has a shuttle from the airport and then to the port in Miami.

Also is there a Roll Call formed yet for the Disney Magic Nov 18, 2021?

Thank you so much.

Edited by momzweig

Your thread will most likely be moved to the Florida departures board. I don’t have a specific answer to your question, but if there’s one thing that I’ve learned after living in Miami for many years, and after cruising from Miami many times after I moved away, is that you don’t want a hotel in the airport area, specially if you’re planning on spending a few days there pre-cruise. To describe it in as few words as possible, it’s sketchy. You won’t be near most attractions. In my humble opinion, a free shuttle shouldn’t be an incentive to book one of these hotels.

Figure out what activities and places of interest you wish to visit, and then book something that’s convenient regardless of a free shuttle. For our last cruise out of Miami, we wanted something convenient to Bayside Marketplace and the Port of Miami. We chose the YVE Miami Hotel, right across the street from Bayside, and five minutes from the Port of Miami. No complimentary shuttle from the airport or to the port, but it made our pre cruise stay in Miami very enjoyable. We walked across the street to go shopping and to enjoy several kid friendly activities. We used Uber to go from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port. Super easy to do, and affordable, specially with kids in tow.

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

For questions on a hotel, you should post on the Florida Departures board.

For a roll call, go look under the roll call board. Just note that DCL roll calls on CC aren't that popular.

Yes, and further DCL, unlike Royal and other cruise lines, does not hold any special events for roll call groups. So it's really not particularly interesting to partake.

18 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Your thread will most likely be moved to the Florida departures board. I don’t have a specific answer to your question, but if there’s one thing that I’ve learned after living in Miami for many years, and after cruising from Miami many times after I moved away, is that you don’t want a hotel in the airport area, specially if you’re planning on spending a few days there pre-cruise. To describe it in as few words as possible, it’s sketchy. You won’t be near most attractions. In my humble opinion, a free shuttle shouldn’t be an incentive to book one of these hotels.

Figure out what activities and places of interest you wish to visit, and then book something that’s convenient regardless of a free shuttle. For our last cruise out of Miami, we wanted something convenient to Bayside Marketplace and the Port of Miami. We chose the YVE Miami Hotel, right across the street from Bayside, and five minutes from the Port of Miami. No complimentary shuttle from the airport or to the port, but it made our pre cruise stay in Miami very enjoyable. We walked across the street to go shopping and to enjoy several kid friendly activities. We used Uber to go from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port. Super easy to do, and affordable, specially with kids in tow.

Having lived in Miami, Tapi is spot on. Shuttle to from port/airport shouldn't be a rubric for choosing hotels. Choose a hotel in a nicer area of town that fits your budget and use Uber/Lyft to get from place to place. 

• Like 1

Only a few hotels near the MIA airport offer free shuttles to POM and MIA, and that is not where you want to spend two days pre-cruise.

Bruce's suggestion is spot on. Besides the Hampton Inn there are other hotels in the area, including a fairly new Hyatt, that you should consider.

UberXL from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $20-25+

18 hours ago, coldflame said:

Having lived in Miami, Tapi is spot on. Shuttle to from port/airport shouldn't be a rubric for choosing hotels. Choose a hotel in a nicer area of town that fits your budget and use Uber/Lyft to get from place to place. 

Totally agree. The shuttle cost in many cases is part of the room rate so ….. one is really paying for it.