CEO/Complaints email that works

Hello. Does anyone know an email address which works and that you will get a response from please?

I’ve just paid the final balance on my September cruise and completed the online check in, just to find that my cabin has been changed. I have never been notified of this since booking the cruise in January 2020.

I have been told that the cabins have been recategorised and our cabin was moved up to a different category. Rather than contacting us, they just shifted us out and sold our cabin to someone else!

To say I’m annoyed and upset is an understatement and I want to escalate this to someone who will help.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, PrincessPP1 said:

Hello. Does anyone know an email address which works and that you will get a response from please?

I’ve just paid the final balance on my September cruise and completed the online check in, just to find that my cabin has been changed. I have never been notified of this since booking the cruise in January 2020.

I have been told that the cabins have been recategorised and our cabin was moved up to a different category. Rather than contacting us, they just shifted us out and sold our cabin to someone else!

To say I’m annoyed and upset is an understatement and I want to escalate this to someone who will help.

Thank you

Try

Mr Richard FainChief Executive

Email

Mr Richard FainChief Executive

Email rfain@rccl.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Sounds like an upgrade.

So what is the problem??

No sadly it isn’t an upgrade, it’s a down grade if anything! The same grade as I booked but in a worse location, to me that’s a down grade 😡

2 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Sounds like an upgrade.

So what is the problem??

For a smile.

About 12 years ago, we had a call from RCL askin if we would like a possible, up to 4 levels, balcony upgrade for $200.00, but once accepted room could not be changed.  
Paid.  
Five minutes later a confirmation email confirming “next door” being one level.  
T&Cs were quoted on complaint.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

For a smile.

About 12 years ago, we had a call from RCL askin if we would like a possible, up to 4 levels, balcony upgrade for $200.00, but once accepted room could not be changed.  
Paid.  

Now why doesn’t that surprise me? 😀.

It’s disgraceful the way they treat people and use the T&Cs as their ‘get out of jail’ free card! 
I see this as a no win situation for me. If I cancel then I’ll just end up with a future cruise credit, if I stay with it then they’ve won and I’ll do nothing but moan for the entire cruise!! 
I won’t give in without a fight.......the gloves are on 🥊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincessPP1 said:

Now why doesn’t that surprise me? 😀.

It’s disgraceful the way they treat people and use the T&Cs as their ‘get out of jail’ free card! 
I see this as a no win situation for me. If I cancel then I’ll just end up with a future cruise credit, if I stay with it then they’ve won and I’ll do nothing but moan for the entire cruise!! 
I won’t give in without a fight.......the gloves are on 🥊

Gloves on?  Then you’re governed by the Queensbury Rules, best to take the gloves off and go bare knuckle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

For a smile.

Paid.  

But OP did not pay anything extra.

They just got bumped up...

Just now, matj2000 said:

The concern is upgrades that leave clients worse off.  
For example, if on Cunard you’re upgraded, for free, from a larger inside to one of specific unobstructed ocean view staterooms, this would not be considered a betterment.  If fact once inside and experienced the stateroom you’ll be asking to go back.

Cunard have the “poor” room listings, but sell them without any compunction, in the hope the client will accept and not complain.  If a concern is raised, there is a ready made plan, a move (if available) or wine with OBC will be the bribe to remain.

18 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

No where does OP say they got bumped up— she says the cabin category she booked no longer applies to the specific cabin she selected and they were moved out of their selected cabin.  Whether it is an up move or not was not specified.

Thanks everyone for your help today. After numerous emails to just about everyone who works for RCCL 😀, my issue has been resolved (well as best as I could expect). Sadly I have not been reinstated in my original cabin as they’ve sold this to someone else but I have the same cabin, in the same location but on a different deck and I haven’t paid the additional £600 they were asking for.

So thank you 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, PrincessPP1 said:

Thanks everyone for your help today. After numerous emails to just about everyone who works for RCCL 😀, my issue has been resolved (well as best as I could expect). Sadly I have not been reinstated in my original cabin as they’ve sold this to someone else but I have the same cabin, in the same location but on a different deck and I haven’t paid the additional £600 they were asking for.

So thank you 

I'm glad this was resolved - but I have always had an issue with the cruise lines being unwilling to move guests who somehow took the room originally booked. It seems if someone should end up inconvenienced, it should be the party who received the room when it was technically unavailable — not the ones who had it first.

• Like 4

Sometimes people select specific cabins for a reason... maybe they want to avoid being next to crew staircase..or don't want to be under the windjammer or over a venue that plays heavy base music late etc...or look for a specific cabin near elevators. I met a frequent cruiser who was upset that they upgraded her from an inside cabin to a balcony...her issue was that she would not sleep unless the cabin was pitch black... so if you have picked a cabin...for some there was a reason.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, kearney said:

Sometimes people select specific cabins for a reason... maybe they want to avoid being next to crew staircase..or don't want to be under the windjammer or over a venue that plays heavy base music late etc...or look for a specific cabin near elevators. I met a frequent cruiser who was upset that they upgraded her from an inside cabin to a balcony...her issue was that she would not sleep unless the cabin was pitch black... so if you have picked a cabin...for some there was a reason.

Interesting, as we have cruise friends who don’t sail at all on a ship if they are unable to book a particular suite.  No suite, no sail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincessPP1 said:

So thank you 

So pleased for you…… Happy sailing

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kearney said:

I am someone who wants any one of about six specific neighborhood balcony cabins.  Deciding factors include:  which deck, location, & room layout.  Not too picky, and have most often been completely satisfied!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PrincessPP1 said:

So thank you 

What amazes me is that they bumped you out of your cabin, but they won't bump the new people out to correct their mistake.

8 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

I am someone who wants any one of about six specific neighborhood balcony cabins.  Deciding factors include:  which deck, location, & room layout.  Not too picky, and have most often been completely satisfied!

DH has mobility issues and in the last few years we have rented scooters... we try not to get an accessible cabin..wanting to leave those for others with more serious issues... so I try to find cabins on the newer ships with the bed by the veranda (so we can squeeze it into the cabin)... and also near elevator and I tend to go with deck 6...just in case he would need to use stairs.. or he has to wait for an elevator..I can easily do the stairs from deck 4 or 5. 

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What amazes me is that they bumped you out of your cabin, but they won't bump the new people out to correct their mistake.

Exactly what I was saying to them but got nowhere. Apparently they couldn’t possibly do that to them!! Call me an old cynic but maybe the £600 extra they paid might have something to do with it or perhaps it’s someone’s parents who wanted that cabin!! 😀😀

• Like 1