The Case of the Phantom Booking

CineGraphic

When our July 3rd sailing on the Caribbean Princess was cancelled last May, we opted for FCC to be issued.

The only cash put down was the initial deposit. The balance was paid off with FCCs from other previously cancelled bookings.

Last night I noticed that Princess had posted a bit of FCC to our accounts, but it looks like it's only our cash deposit plus the small bonus FCC.

While wondering what had become of the rest of our funds, I stumbled upon a phantom booking on my Medallion App with no cabin number assigned.

It's an obvious fake booking because it's for a sailing on the Caribbean Princess in October, and the ship is not accepting passengers until late November.

This reservation does not show up in my cruise planner. It's only listed in the app.

My guess is that they've stuck the funds into the portfolio of this phantom cruise, but what do I know!?

My TA has promised to call me and sort it all out, as we want to use the FCC funds to lower the balances of several bookings.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

When our July 3rd sailing on the Caribbean Princess was cancelled last May, we opted for FCC to be issued.

The only cash put down was the initial deposit. The balance was paid off with FCCs from other previously cancelled bookings.

Last night I noticed that Princess had posted a bit of FCC to our accounts, but it looks like it's only our cash deposit plus the small bonus FCC.

While wondering what had become of the rest of our funds, I stumbled upon a phantom booking on my Medallion App with no cabin number assigned.

It's an obvious fake booking because it's for a sailing on the Caribbean Princess in October, and the ship is not accepting passengers until late November.

This reservation does not show up in my cruise planner. It's only listed in the app.

My guess is that they've stuck the funds into the portfolio of this phantom cruise, but what do I know!?

My TA has promised to call me and sort it all out, as we want to use the FCC funds to lower the balances of several bookings.

I have a phantom booking on my app today as well…Pacific Princess on a South Pacific itinerary for Feb 2022.  Lol!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I had a phantom booking today too. No refund is owed. I rebooted my cell and it was gone.

Kathy

And just like that, our phantom booking is gone as well. (We did not re-boot our phones)

We were booked on the now canceled Enchanted October 2 Med Cruise. After two weeks it finally disappeared from my bookings on my computer. It is still on my phone APP along with the following never booked October 13 Enchanted cruise in Europe. Very weird . We never had any FCC . We received our refundable cash deposit and excursions back to our credit card last week. 

22 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I've had random cruises like this show up on my app.  Evidently, I'm doing 10 days to Alaska, 24 days on the Caribbean and then a 15 day TA.  Nice to dream.  

So, your post made me take a look and there I am sailing solo on the Royal Princess on August 28th of 2021.

Shhh! Don't tell DW! Hey wait a minute ... I wonder what ship she's on? 😅

OK - rebooted phone and it's still there. Doesn't show on my personalizer though.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 1

Our ghost voyage on Pacific Princess is gone as of today (probably cleaned up overnight last night).  It was a booking we did have, but had not been in the MC App previously.

BTW, as I posted on the MC App working now thread, our MC App is behaving perfectly today for both wife and I logins.  We are both in Green Lane with Steps 1 thru 3 completed for both our voyages for OCT 2020 (a B2B2B, plus another - two ships).  

Now, I would just like them to fix DMW selection options to fix TD and then clear all res data and start over.  Also, release full inventory of dining.  But progress has been made from my viewpoint.  That is something for Princess IT as they have had a horrible mess to dig out of.  Hope everyone else is finding it better.

Yes, I agree and realize Cruise Personalizer functions should be restored as well.

App today shows three bookings. One cruise we are taking but cannot enter passport and other info, another that was canceled by Princess months ago, and another for the Ruby next year and I have no idea where that came from. Never booked by me.

Isn't this fun? It is like playing Wheel of Fortune, spin the wheel and takes your chances. Everyday it is a new surprise.

I wonder if they will cancel the cruise on the Ruby they just added for me?   😉