Port Canaveral Hotel

cruising mom 2

Arriving that late I would stay near MCO and make my way to PC the next day.  Lots of hotels near MCO in every price range - what's your budget and who's travelling? 🤔

If you look north of the airport you will see many hotels (Homewood Suites, Holiday Inn, Hilton, and various Marriott brands) off of T G Lee Blvd/North Frontage Road, along with lots of chain restaurants.  Or you can save the shuttle ride and just check into the Hyatt Regency inside the airport.

If you arrive by 8PM, assume at least 30 minutes for luggage etc. It is about 45-60 minutes to PC. You will be paying about $200-$300 for a hotel in PC. There are a TON of hotels near MCO with free shuttles from/to the airport. Many are within walking distance of restaurants. It really comes down to this:

How much do you want to pay? What type of restaurants/bars do you want close by?

Augusta National Drive: You have 4-5 hotels and all within walking distance to Hooters

Frontage Road: There are about 5 hotels in walking distance to Longhorn Steakhouse, IHOP, Carabba's

I would just look at a hotel map for MCO hotels. It will show the hotels and restaurants on Google Maps for the area. Also, never book straight to the hotel. The bid sites can get you into nice hotels for $50 for the night or less. 

We'll be arriving into MCO about 4:00pm for a one or two day pre-cruise stay in Port Canaveral end of April 2022. Looking for one of the better hotels that will be really close to restaurants...also a shuttle from hotel to KSC...does any hotel even offer this as well as a shuttle to the port ??? We're an extended family group of 6 that includes two kids under 9. Thanks so much.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

We'll be arriving into MCO about 4:00pm for a one or two day pre-cruise stay in Port Canaveral end of April 2022. Looking for one of the better hotels that will be really close to restaurants...also a shuttle from hotel to KSC...does any hotel even offer this as well as a shuttle to the port ??? We're an extended family group of 6 that includes two kids under 9. Thanks so much.

Lots of hotels near the port and dining - we like the Homewood Suites.  For KSC I think you will need to use a taxi van or Uber.

• Thanks 1

I just booked the Radisson at the Port for next summer. It was only $131 a night with full flexibility to cancel up to 2 days before. I did have to create a Radisson account to get the member's price. You do have to provide a credit card to hold the reservation but the card is not charged.

I may or may not cancel as I prefer to stay beach side and have my eyes on the Holiday Inn Vacation Club but they are not open for booking yet for my summer cruise.  

However, I wanted to grab this great price just in case I can't get the HIVC.  It seems this is the go to hotel for many cruisers (lots of videos on youtube) with a port shuttle, great pool, and looking at maps, several restaurants to walk to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hotels less than a mile to the port…….

Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port (new)

Staybridge (new)

Home2Suites (new)

Homewood Suites (pretty new)

Country Inn & Suites

Residence Inn

and just a short distance a little further down is Radisson At The Port

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bettyboop16 said:

We booked Hampton Inn PC. for end of Jan. Our first time leaving from PC.

We have the Hampton PC booked for Oct, Jan and March.  Brand new hotel that gets good reviews…

We have sailed from PC 25+ times so we have stayed at most all the hotels near the port…

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Hotels less than a mile to the port…….

Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port (new)

Staybridge (new)

Home2Suites (new)

Homewood Suites (pretty new)

Country Inn & Suites

Residence Inn

and just a short distance a little further down is Radisson At The Port

Starting to consider Home2Suites or Hampton Inn for our April 2022 pre-cruise...Thanks for your info.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Home2Suites & Hampton Inn seem to be the same property......What's the difference between the two?

They are both brand new and literally next door to each other (or they may be attached).   From what I read the standard suites at Home2Suites have a separate bedroom and living area unless you pick a studio room.

Seems like if you have a family and maybe need a bit more room the Home2Suites might bet better.  They both have free breakfast and are both under the Hilton umbrella.  But we usually stay at Hamptons so I cannot give you a first hand account.

Just Google each one and look under Trip Advisor….

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

They are both brand new and literally next door to each other (or they may be attached).   From what I read the standard suites at Home2Suites have a separate bedroom and living area unless you pick a studio room.

Seems like if you have a family and maybe need a bit more room the Home2Suites might bet better.  They both have free breakfast and are both under the Hilton umbrella.  But we usually stay at Hamptons so I cannot give you a first hand account.

Just Google each one and look under Trip Advisor….

Yes...Thanks...I did and they look attached...and didn't see much difference between them as far as the studio room option.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, g8rchick said:

Any Port Canaveral hotels offer free parking while on cruise and shuttle to Port? 

Many of the hotels offer stay and park, but it will be built into their rate.  

Or either they will charge a daily price to leave your car…..either way you will pay for it..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

We are booked at Hampton for August cruise.  Have stayed at Homewood before but their prices were high for august.

I'm a bit confused between Hampton....Homewood....Home2Suites....any insight on these?

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm a bit confused between Hampton....Homewood....Home2Suites....any insight on these?

All three are part of the Hilton brand and offer a variety of amenities - check the web sites for details.  Homewood Suites is the closest of the 3 to the port, but the difference is not much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:53 PM, GTO-Girl said:

Many of the hotels offer stay and park, but it will be built into their rate.  

Or either they will charge a daily price to leave your car…..either way you will pay for it..

Very true, but it most likely will be cheaper than parking at the port so it pays to do a little price-checking.  

I think as long as someone's flights get in early enough, staying in this area just adds to the vacation experience.  I get staying in Orlando if your flight gets in late because there's not as much point driving over later at night.  Most of our restaurants close by 11:00 on weekends.  There are a few that are open later but not many.  Sandbar in Cocoa Beach stays open and serves food late, but it's one of the exceptions.  I'd pick staying in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach over Orlando any day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing on Independence of the Seas for News Years. We are driving to Port Canaveral and staying at the Radisson Resort the day before departure. Parking is only 10.00 a day if you book a room with their cruise and parking package. Some friends that we are cruising with have stayed at this Radisson previously. They have a shuttle to port. 

Edited by CariAnn
Spelling error
  • Like 1

We finally made our decision and booked Home2Suites....Raddison was our 2nd choice but apparently looking a bit tired or so I've read.

Most all the PC hotel have shuttles to the port. Home2Suites parking is $6.00.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, cruises42 said:

Has anyone stayed at Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port (new) yet? Any reviews?

We are booked there for Oct, Jan and March.  All of the reviews on Trip Advisor are very good.  It is a brand new hotel…

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1