Super-long solo European adventure - need encouragement, reassurance, tips!

Joanne G.

9 hours ago, Evilmuffin said:

@Joanne G.   That is certainly an awesome trip you have planned.   

We are kinda opposites, I have done 6 cruises in Europe but not solo, and in December I will be doing my first B2B cruise as a solo in the Caribbean.   I have actually been to 53 countries (most NOT by cruise ship) but the farther south I have been is just across the border to Mexico from Arizona.   I lived in Europe for 9 years so I also had an advantage of knowing how to get around.   While you are wondering what to pack for Europe, I’m wondering what the pack for the Caribbean.   😅  I can tell you that I walked over 800 km (500 miles) carrying a backpack of less than 10KG, not once but twice across the top of Spain by myself and while I had my initial concerns of being alone, it turned out fantastic.   I met some amazing people.   In fact, one couple from New Zealand that I met during my pilgrimage have come to visit here in Canada since then.   In fact, since travelling solo, I have met more people than I did when I travelled with my spouse.    However this will be my first cruise solo and at times, still wonder if I will enjoy it.   But you only live once and tomorrow is promised to no one….so GO FOR IT!!!     It will be awesome!!!!   I look forward to hearing a post cruise report from you on your first solo.

Good morning,🙂 I have been to the Caribbean more times than I can count........it is VERY casual.

And it is warm year round..........(you mentioned packing)............casual and easy.