Picture-A-Week 2021 - Week 26

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, June 21 and Sunday, June 27.

The year is half over. The masks are coming off and freedom is starting to ring again! More photos, please!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

A very brisk Monday morning in Melbourne. Minimum around 38 of your degrees.

Morning walk took me down to the fishing village in my suburb of Williamstown.

Some interesting birds trying to keep warm 1. Royal spoonbill, plus friends; 2. Yellow billed spoonbill, with some royal, and a little egret: 3. Yellow billed, little egret on the right, stilts on left.; 4. stilts.

FV1.thumb.jpg.86fca0f38e41190d1f6f7821a7bb914b.jpg

FV2.thumb.jpg.0c5cf04e487f6ea9fb72a955a736290e.jpg

FV4.thumb.jpg.7f6ffea0b0d93053c71e2d917a6c700c.jpg

FV3.thumb.jpg.3d770524597fa8b373b70c5101ad8423.jpg

• Like 4

With their birthdays one day apart, Matthew and Jackie are blessed/doomed to share a birthday celebration for the foreseeable future. Their mother handles the challenge of mixed themes with a creativity that has become legendary in the circle of family and friends. This keeps keeps the favorite child questioned unasked and leads to a birthday parties that can only be described as over the top. In a good way. As expected, I take my camera to chronicle the fun and over the years I have noticed that my children and grandchildren always seem to know when a camera is pointed at them. I never have to yell to get their attention, even when they are swimming or even rolling out of an obstacle course. Doing my part to prepare them for fame and paparazzi.

Situational Awareness

52952791_2021-26SituationalAwareness.thumb.jpg.224d4c30dbe8caa0208ec0126f082e84.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

The weekend wetlands visit on Saturday...

The male wood ducks, usually very ornate, have toned down their colors in what's known as their 'eclipse' or non-breeding plumage:

original.jpg

Black-bellied whistling duck flying close by:

original.jpg

Black-necked stilt making a close pass as well:

original.jpg

Really close up with a cormorant (about 4 feet away):

original.jpg

Two tricolored heron chicks standing near their nest:

original.jpg

Glossy ibis mom with her chicks begging for food:

original.jpg

I also jumped in my pool afterwards as it was so hot - and brought the camera out by poolside to shoot some of the backyard critters.  Starting with this female cardinal raising her head plume:

original.jpg

The very bold northern curly-tailed lizards see me in the pool, and immediately come running over to the side to watch me - they know that I'll flick any little bugs that landed in the pool out to the deck, and they'll run over and eat them up as soon as they hit the deck:

original.jpg

• Like 6

The new friend I took home on the Monday may not be very photogenic but more than makes up for it with inner qualities 😉

The following couple of days were spent with feeding it wholesome stuff to ensure its well-being and my continued enjoyment 😊

RX031699.thumb.JPG.bc1f5dc273ebba4dbe57b59a80d3f20a.JPG

• Like 3

On 6/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, pierces said:

With their birthdays one day apart, Matthew and Jackie are blessed/doomed to share a birthday celebration for the foreseeable future. Their mother handles the challenge of mixed themes with a creativity that has become legendary in the circle of family and friends. This keeps keeps the favorite child questioned unasked and leads to a birthday parties that can only be described as over the top. In a good way. As expected, I take my camera to chronicle the fun and over the years I have noticed that my children and grandchildren always seem to know when a camera is pointed at them. I never have to yell to get their attention, even when they are swimming or even rolling out of an obstacle course. Doing my part to prepare them for fame and paparazzi.

Situational Awareness

52952791_2021-26SituationalAwareness.thumb.jpg.224d4c30dbe8caa0208ec0126f082e84.jpg

Dave

My granddaughter and her cousin on her father's side are a day less than a year apart. Until Elizabeth was 5, they shared. Now they have separate parties (and I don't have to gift a kid I'm not related to and know nothing about--I'm such a grinch). Nor do the other grandparents have to play favorites.

Our local photo club had a field trip to the historic section of Sanford, FL for some street photography and a car show. The car show portion was rained out, but the rain let up in time for the few of us that showed up to get some street photography practice in. Here are a few things that caught my eye:

One of the historic buildings
1.thumb.jpg.80ec574531b5ef98e9d0eb0a24d524fc.jpg

Display in a merchant's window

2.thumb.jpg.5595de74971c4594eb84abe6884678d5.jpg

Photographed a photographer posing newlyweds

3.thumb.jpg.c736117f503e7527b4a1bfa2478066df.jpg

Leading lines to Veteran's Memorial Park

4.thumb.jpg.2bc393d64bf204a7585fab340bb994c6.jpg

Eagle Silhouette

5.thumb.jpg.ac5015c55faca81970d10409cea1269f.jpg

• Like 3