SEA shuttle service to Belltown area

P.A.

Recommendations for shuttle service to the Belltown area? We don't really want to take the railway with all our cruise luggage. We used a service several years ago and it was great but can't remember the name of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some updated info I had posted on Tripadvisor re: transport.  Pier 66 is within the 'downtown zone' but Pier 91 is outside that zone.  There has been a major shortage of Uber drivers and a major increase in fare and surge pricing.

Taxis to downtown, which would be anywhere between Jackson St (Pioneer Square) to Denny Way (close to the space needle but not north of Denny are a flat $44. The flat rate taxis are normally yellow and blue but at Seatac they have both metered and flat rate. If you don't see a flat rate one you con request one. You can also go to the Ground Transportation window and ask for a taxi van also as a 'flat rate'. Good for 4 or 5 passengers. Pier 91 would be outside the hotel zone so fare would be more. Currently the smallest Uber is being quoted at about $53 (7/21) but check to compare.

If you see a taxi dispatcher you can ask for a van or call 206-432-9030 or ask at ground transportation. If no answer you can also try 206-475-5192 or 206-327-9915

Currently there are NO shuttles from Seatac to downtown hotels. Shuttle Express is gone and the towncars booked thru Shuttle express's number are approx $105 to downtown Seattle and have nothing to do with the old Shuttle express who is out of business

Flat rate towncars formerly regulated by the Port of Seattle and known as Stila are also out of business so the flat rate cabs are your best substitute.

From downtown Seattle hotel zone ANY cab will be a flat $40 fare to Seatac. Uber is considerably more now that Seattle has implemented changes which raised fares an average of 50% and with the current shortage of drivers often has surge pricing.

For airport hotels it appears that

seattleexpress.com

has survived but does not do shuttles to downtown hotels so options this yr are limited.

2 hours ago, Dan G said:

Here is some updated info I had posted on Tripadvisor re: transport.  Pier 66 is within the 'downtown zone' but Pier 91 is outside that zone.  There has been a major shortage of Uber drivers and a major increase in fare and surge pricing.

Taxis to downtown, which would be anywhere between Jackson St (Pioneer Square) to Denny Way (close to the space needle but not north of Denny are a flat $44. The flat rate taxis are normally yellow and blue but at Seatac they have both metered and flat rate. If you don't see a flat rate one you con request one. You can also go to the Ground Transportation window and ask for a taxi van also as a 'flat rate'. Good for 4 or 5 passengers. Pier 91 would be outside the hotel zone so fare would be more. Currently the smallest Uber is being quoted at about $53 (7/21) but check to compare.

If you see a taxi dispatcher you can ask for a van or call 206-432-9030 or ask at ground transportation. If no answer you can also try 206-475-5192 or 206-327-9915

Currently there are NO shuttles from Seatac to downtown hotels. Shuttle Express is gone and the towncars booked thru Shuttle express's number are approx $105 to downtown Seattle and have nothing to do with the old Shuttle express who is out of business

Flat rate towncars formerly regulated by the Port of Seattle and known as Stila are also out of business so the flat rate cabs are your best substitute.

From downtown Seattle hotel zone ANY cab will be a flat $40 fare to Seatac. Uber is considerably more now that Seattle has implemented changes which raised fares an average of 50% and with the current shortage of drivers often has surge pricing.

seattleexpress.com

has survived but does not do shuttles to downtown hotels so options this yr are limited.

Great information. Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, Dan G said:

seattleexpress.com

Wow! Thanks for the info. We'll be flying into to SEA and going to the Belltown area so I guess I better get to looking and figuring out what will work for us. 😬

this is new info.  Even the Port of Seattle ground transportation page doesn't show them offering shuttles to downtown Seattle.  They have been around but doing shuttles from the South (OLympia) to Seatac.  Please let us know how it goes.

Will do.  🙂

Passengers:
Pick Up Date:
Thursday, July 22, 2021
11:00 AM
Pick Up Location:
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Airline: Delta Airlines #726 Type: Domestic
Flight Time: 10:30 AM Flight City: Detroit
Drop Off Location:
Sheraton Grand Seattle
1400 6th Ave

Seattle, WA 98101
Service Type:
Limited-Stop Shared Van
Fare:
$40.60
Credit card
Airport Instructions
When you arrive at Sea-Tac:

• SHARED VAN - From Baggage Claim, cross Skybridge 4 to the airport parking garage, following signs to Door-to-Door Vans. Proceed down to the 3rd Floor—where you will find the “Capital Aeroporter Check-In” at the Ground Transportation Plaza.  Check in with our Airport Coordinator. When our Airport Coordinator is not on duty, your driver will greet you at the Check-In counter. “Capital Aeroporter Pickup” is located at Island 2A across the crosswalk facing the terminal building. For your comfort, there are heated benches at Island 2.
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, P.A. said:

Wow! Thanks for the info. We'll be flying into to SEA and going to the Belltown area so I guess I better get to looking and figuring out what will work for us. 😬

following

On 7/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Dan G said:

If you stick to the flat rate taxis you'll be fine.  

flatrateforhire.com

but you should be able to find a yellow and blue colored taxi in the que and those are the same.

Great! Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know about the taxi situation at the Amtrak station at Jackson St to get downtown? We will have to much luggage for the Link or Bus.  I have read there might or might not be taxi's there. If not, who do I call. Many of the taxi companies say they won't pick up there.  

Or should I start a new thread for this?

Any advice will be helpful. 

On 6/22/2021 at 7:23 AM, P.A. said:

Recommendations for shuttle service to the Belltown area? We don't really want to take the railway with all our cruise luggage. We used a service several years ago and it was great but can't remember the name of it.

We used Seattle Airport Transportation and got a great driver with a luxurious SUV. We were glad we didn't opt for Uber because it was a zoo at Arrivals and so easy with someone there waiting for us. (This was July 1 so there was a lot of holiday tourism going on.) Cost was about $60. We took Uber back during rush hour but it was a reverse commute so quick and easy -- $42.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:35 AM, Dan G said:

this is new info.  Even the Port of Seattle ground transportation page doesn't show them offering shuttles to downtown Seattle.  They have been around but doing shuttles from the South (OLympia) to Seatac.  Please let us know how it goes.

Letting you know that the Aeroporter trip couldn’t have gone better. Good, polite driver, clean van. A nice luggage lift off the back so everything neatly and securely placed.  They are located on the third floor between Orange and Purple.    ( That will make sense if you get to the parking garage.)

Our plane was late, but they called me and waited until I could get to the parking garage.  No complaints.

3611B95A-B6D5-4C83-AEB8-87ED531A43CD.jpeg

B9AF7CA3-B606-4EEE-8998-8053F54C98C1.jpeg

0DC4377F-205A-4094-AA75-A6B8E1296CF9.jpeg

B4FC57EF-37EE-4632-B0A4-92D0A2EAFFD3.jpeg

9242E009-3130-454A-ABC1-1168E86A474F.jpeg

On 7/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, cherylgrrl said:

We used Seattle Airport Transportation and got a great driver with a luxurious SUV. We were glad we didn't opt for Uber because it was a zoo at Arrivals and so easy with someone there waiting for us. (This was July 1 so there was a lot of holiday tourism going on.) Cost was about $60. We took Uber back during rush hour but it was a reverse commute so quick and easy -- $42.

Great info. Thank you. 

Edited by P.A.

22 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Letting you know that the Aeroporter trip couldn’t have gone better. Good, polite driver, clean van. A nice luggage lift off the back so everything neatly and securely placed.  They are located on the third floor between Orange and Purple.    ( That will make sense if you get to the parking garage.)

Our plane was late, but they called me and waited until I could get to the parking garage.  No complaints.

3611B95A-B6D5-4C83-AEB8-87ED531A43CD.jpeg

B9AF7CA3-B606-4EEE-8998-8053F54C98C1.jpeg

0DC4377F-205A-4094-AA75-A6B8E1296CF9.jpeg

B4FC57EF-37EE-4632-B0A4-92D0A2EAFFD3.jpeg

9242E009-3130-454A-ABC1-1168E86A474F.jpeg

19 hours ago, MichelleR1963 said:

Hi, Did you have to book this in advance?  We are arriving in Seattle on 8/5 and staying in Belltown.  Thank you 

I booked the Capital Aeroporter.  You do pay in full when you make the reservation. Now hopefully if for some reason our cruise gets canceled, we will be able to cancel and get full refund. I would imagine so.

Michelle would you mind to report back here when you return and let me know how it went? We don't go til mid Aug. Much appreciated.😊

Edited by P.A.

5 hours ago, P.A. said:

I booked the Capital Aeroporter.  You do pay in full when you make the reservation. Now hopefully if for some reason our cruise gets canceled, we will be able to cancel and get full refund. I would imagine so.

Michelle would you mind to report back here when you return and let me know how it went? We don't go til mid Aug. Much appreciated.😊

We are on the fence on if we are going to shuttle or take the light rail.  We will have one big bag only (I hope)  Our hotel is .2 from the last stop.  It will depend on the weather.  We like trains, so we thought it could be part of the adventure!  We arrive 2 days before our cruise on NCL Encore.  And after a six hour flight, we may be up to a walk to the light rail.  I will let you know how it goes. 🙂