Rotterdam

On 8/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, averageblokes said:

We just changed our 

6 November 2022  NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY 14 DAYS Panama New York to New Orléans

to

21-DAY CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN ENCORE

Panama Canal: Mexico & Costa Rica to Miami

from Seattle, Washington

Hope we have done the right thing  love the different ports of call   still booked on  

27 November  7 Day Bahamas CARNIVAL Legend Baltamore - Baltamore 

Any thoughts?

We've made our first pandemic booking last summer for July 2022 - NCL 11 day cruise out of Reykjavik exploring Iceland (my favourite country) and Greenland. Keeping fingers crossed that the cruise goes ahead.

I haven't been on a ship since 2018. We took a break in 2019 and were supposed to be on a cruise in 2020 but I guess everyone can figure out that it didn't go ahead. Wasn't sure that I was ready to travel again amidst the pandemic but we decided on a last minute land vacation in France in late August and it went well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rob87 said:

We have booked Cunard’s QM2 for the 10th Jan to 14th Jan on a Southampton to Hamburg round trip. 

Once I get my summer leave confirmed were off on either a Cunard or P&O cruise in July

Currently looking at the january hamburg trip too!

I've booked this aboard Norwegian Bliss - January 21 - February 4, 2022:

14-Day Panama Canal From Los Angeles To Miami: Mexico & Costa Rica.

🛥️🛳️⛴️

I've always wanted to the full transit through the Panama Canal.

I don't know if this will transit the old locks or the new locks.

Either way, this is a bucket list cruise, and my first on NCL.

Anywahoo, if anyone is aboard give me a holla. I'll be on Deck...13! AAAAAAUUUGGHHH!! 👋🏿🖐🏿️

Edited by SireDoime
editing
  • Like 1

We just returned from a 7 day Alaska cruise on Celebrity Millennium. It was great.

We’re doing a Halloween cruise on the Carnival Miracle with friends in a couple weeks. Sails from our home port, so sometimes fun to get away for a booze cruise. 

‘Sailing on Harmony of the Seas on Jan 16th, 2022 for 7 nights in the Caribbean. 

Finally, doing Edge Greek Islands cruise out of Rome on Sep 3rd, 2022. 

So happy we can cruise again!

• Like 2

We were booked for the Febtuary 13, 2021 Vacaya cruise on the Celebrity Summit and we all know what happened. That cruise was from San Juan to Antigua, Martinique, Barbados and Saint Lucia.

Vacaya and Celebrity were able to move it to the Millennium in January 2022, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba and Curacao (and FOUR sea days!) 

That was a long time to wait for a cruise so when things started opening up, we jumped on an Alaska cruise in August on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam, their third cruise after the restart.

9 hours ago, Boytjie said:

We were booked for the Febtuary 13, 2021 Vacaya cruise on the Celebrity Summit and we all know what happened. That cruise was from San Juan to Antigua, Martinique, Barbados and Saint Lucia.

Vacaya and Celebrity were able to move it to the Millennium in January 2022, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba and Curacao (and FOUR sea days!) 

That was a long time to wait for a cruise so when things started opening up, we jumped on an Alaska cruise in August on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam, their third cruise after the restart.

I wanted to do a Vacaya cruise, but they only offer Oceanview cabins every time I go to their page. Do they ever offer suites or balcony cabins?

9 hours ago, SireDoime said:

I wanted to do a Vacaya cruise, but they only offer Oceanview cabins every time I go to their page. Do they ever offer suites or balcony cabins?

Yes, but some categories sell out fast. Usually suites and insides sell out first! This cruise was originally offered to be booked in January 2020 for a February 2021 sailing - which became a January 2022 sailing due to the pandemic. 

You ca always check with Vacay about getting on a waitlist. There are always cancellations. There are some travel agents that book a lot of gay cruises and they also get clients that cancel and they help then resell those cabins, rather than lose money because of cancellations,

On 9/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, corthaus said:

My boyfriend and I are booked on Oasis of the Seas out of Cape Liberty on September 26, 2021; this is our second cruise (after a somewhat disappointing first cruise we did with my extended family in November 2019) and we're pumped! 

Corthaus, how was your cruise?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gee & Gee said:

Corthaus, how was your cruise?

We had a blast! The Oasis of the Seas is an amazing vessel. I happened to call RCI to change my stateroom two days before the cruise and I was able to get a room with no passengers in any of the surrounding staterooms. We never saw another person other than our attendant in the hallway for the entirety of our voyage, we loved the privacy. The reduced capacity was also great (although I can't imagine being onboard at full-capacity, it seems like it would be hellish), and the service was fantastic. We were hesitant going into the experience since this was our second cruise ever and I'm still surprised by how much we enjoyed it.

My only complaint was the food, we were very tired of it by the end of the week. I think we would try an unlimited dining package or a different cruise line out of NY/NJ next time; we're considering giving Celebrity a shot.

Edited by corthaus
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, corthaus said:

We had a blast! The Oasis of the Seas is an amazing vessel. I happened to call RCI to change my stateroom two days before the cruise and I was able to get a room with no passengers in any of the surrounding staterooms. We never saw another person other than our attendant in the hallway for the entirety of our voyage, we loved the privacy. The reduced capacity was also great (although I can't imagine being onboard at full-capacity, it seems like it would be hellish), and the service was fantastic. We were hesitant going into the experience since this was our second cruise ever and I'm still surprised by how much we enjoyed it.

My only complaint was the food, we were very tired of it by the end of the week. I think we would try an unlimited dining package or a different cruise line out of NY/NJ next time; we're considering giving Celebrity a shot.

Celebrity is a great cruise line! We have taken the Summit out of NY/NJ many times.  Great ship!  The food on celebrity is elevated from Royal's selections.  They are the same company so both are very good lines. We prefer Celebrity but Royal's suite class has great perks so we mix it up!

Edited by Drewtastic86
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, corthaus said:

Can you please expand on what you were tired of exactly? I haven't sailed RCI in a number of years, more often choose Celebrity, but does the "Ultimate Dining Package" include the specialty surcharge restaurants? Is that why you'd want this add-on package?

Hubby and I just booked the Azamara intensive Croatia cruise leaving Athens on the 31st March.  We have not cruised with Azamara before, so looking forward to sampling it. Has anyone cruised with Azamara before?  Do they have any formal LGBTIQ+ meetings?  

17 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Can you please expand on what you were tired of exactly? I haven't sailed RCI in a number of years, more often choose Celebrity, but does the "Ultimate Dining Package" include the specialty surcharge restaurants? Is that why you'd want this add-on package?

The UDP is a must have for Royal! Their speciality restaurants are very good and is on par with the higher end dining indicative of Celebrity's dining style.  The UDP covers all speciality restaurants except for for Chef's Table (fee is reduced with package).  We like to mix things up between Celebrity and Royal because we feel they can be two different styles of cruising.  The only bummer is the lack of LGBTQ gatherings especially on Royal.  Celebrity is known to cater a bit more to LGBTQ crowd because of how they market but both are the same company and we have loved both cruise lines. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

We love cruising the Summit out of Bayonne too … so convenient, and Bermuda is great place to visit.

SUPER convenient! We live in southern Delaware so its only about a 3 hour drive.  We are doing Anthem this time in February....That is the only downside is when we take a cruise in the winter months from Bayonne.....it can be COLD for the first night or two lol. Otherwise it is so great! I also think the terminal is easy to navigate.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Yes, that's exactly why; it includes unlimited dining at all the Specialty restaurants for dinner (and includes lunch on sea days). Since this was our first week-long cruise on an Oasis-class vessel with lots of complimentary dining options we decided we'd give them a shot first rather than spending the extra cash in case we didn't end up needing the package.

I'll preface my opinion by saying my partner and I live in NYC surrounded by amazing, diverse food options that have spoiled us; I also consider myself an accomplished home chef. With that in mind, we found that the complimentary food began to all taste the same by the third or fourth day. Some of the dishes in the Main Dining Room were good, but many fell short of my expectations. I really love roasted vegetables and fresh, crunchy, flavorful salads, and it's difficult to find anything like that onboard. We tried some of the vegan options as well and found them to be only passable. Additionally, the late-night dining options are severely limited; you can only eat mediocre pizza and small sandwiches so many times before it just gets old.

Everything else about the cruise was fantastic, but I was ready to get off the ship if only to get something else to eat by the end of it. Definitely take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I will put more emphasis on researching the food before my next cruise.

1 hour ago, Drewtastic86 said:

SUPER convenient! We live in southern Delaware so its only about a 3 hour drive.  We are doing Anthem this time in February....That is the only downside is when we take a cruise in the winter months from Bayonne.....it can be COLD for the first night or two lol. Otherwise it is so great! I also think the terminal is easy to navigate.  

We were invited to do a RC cruise on one of the Oasis class ships in Europe with the friends that we normally travel with on the Summit.  We were doing Windstar in Tahiti later that year and couldn’t swing it (extended trip).  

They gave RC a solid “MEH!” when we asked them how it compared to Celebrity (especially when it came to the food).  Some things were great, others not so much.  They preferred the smaller ship experience on Celebrity too.

We’re still focusing on Celebrity, but now starting to branch out to lines like Azamara, Oceania, and Viking.  Who knows… maybe we’ll give them a shot one day.

We have 3 cruises booked so far and a Bali break. The honeymoon cruise didn't happen in 2020 and then the 1st anniversary also got cancelled.

Celebrity Eclipse Pacific Islands December 2022.

Celebrity Eclipse Sydney to Auckland January 2023

Majestic Princess Australia East Coast March 2023

Throw in the Australian winter break to Bali in mid-2022

Can't wait to get back to cruising.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:50 PM, corthaus said:

Yes, that's exactly why; it includes unlimited dining at all the Specialty restaurants for dinner (and includes lunch on sea days). Since this was our first week-long cruise on an Oasis-class vessel with lots of complimentary dining options we decided we'd give them a shot first rather than spending the extra cash in case we didn't end up needing the package.

I'll preface my opinion by saying my partner and I live in NYC surrounded by amazing, diverse food options that have spoiled us; I also consider myself an accomplished home chef. With that in mind, we found that the complimentary food began to all taste the same by the third or fourth day. Some of the dishes in the Main Dining Room were good, but many fell short of my expectations. I really love roasted vegetables and fresh, crunchy, flavorful salads, and it's difficult to find anything like that onboard. We tried some of the vegan options as well and found them to be only passable. Additionally, the late-night dining options are severely limited; you can only eat mediocre pizza and small sandwiches so many times before it just gets old.

Everything else about the cruise was fantastic, but I was ready to get off the ship if only to get something else to eat by the end of it. Definitely take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I will put more emphasis on researching the food before my next cruise.

I would suggest Oceania for those of us who are foodies. Outside of Cunard's Grills it's easily the best food we've had at sea. The fact that the specialty rest. are complimentary doesn't hurt, either.

• Like 1