Hotel for 1 night (pre-cruise): Royalton?

njguy_south

Any thoughts on a good hotel for 1 night, pre-cruise in December? I looked at (and booked) the Royalton, as it is all-inclusive and not terribly far from the cruise port. I am a solo traveler, so prefer a resort with more people in which to get lost in the crowd (so to speak). 

On 6/22/2021 at 2:31 PM, njguy_south said:

Any thoughts on a good hotel for 1 night, pre-cruise in December? I looked at (and booked) the Royalton, as it is all-inclusive and not terribly far from the cruise port. I am a solo traveler, so prefer a resort with more people in which to get lost in the crowd (so to speak). 

I heard they had some staffing issues when re-starting in December, but that might be past as staff gets up to speed.  So long as the resort isn't over booked, and you're will to pay the cost, for one night it's probably ok.   Hear the Sands Grande is better. Adding but that's for a week stay with families.  May not have the same appeals for a single 1 nighter.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, njguy_south said:

I looked at (and booked) the Royalton, as it is all-inclusive and not terribly far from the cruise port.

The Royalton would not be my first choice.  Or second or third.  It's quite isolated and there is nothing else within walking distance.  It used to have  a terrible reputation but since a fairly recent change of ownership it now has ...ummm.... a mixed reputation.  Bear in mind that the whole island is only 10 x 10mi so nothing is very far from anything else.

On 6/22/2021 at 7:31 PM, njguy_south said:

You’ll be fine there 

• Like 1

Take your first cocktail in the Bech Bar looking out to sea, order a large pure Antiguan Rum Sour.
No eggs, no fruit, no fizzy water with a Cavalier 151 lid, with a small beer chaser.

It’s on a par with the Jamaican version.