What Hotel does SB use in Santiago?>

bohaiboy

It's likely to be either the Mandarin Oriental or the Ritz-Carlton.  The Ritz is clubby and boring, without a proper outdoor space and a small indoor pool.  The MO is a former Grand Hyatt - you can tell that from the soaring atrium lobby.  MO have revamped the place and it has great Andes views from some of the rooms as well as a big garden with an outdoor pool.

@bohaiboy In this case, I'd strongly recommend contacting Seabourn directly and trying to get an answer about what hotel you will be in. All the veterans on this site have a wealth of information about past practices, but so much may be changed in a semi-post-pandemic world that I wouldn't rely on anyone's past experiences for booking your stay. Some hotels may be closed, or have limited capacity, or be offering different terms for large group bookings. And passengers for a particular cruise may well be split at more than one hotel based on capacity limitations; I don't know when they know which passengers are assigned to which hotel, but it can't hurt trying to get that information direct from the cruise line.

• Like 1

Another idea if you are not wed to whatever hotel SB chooses for you, see if you can find another couple to share a car with to the port.  Through the Roll Call, we met a lovely, and quite fun, couple from the other side of the world who stayed at the same hotel (The Aubrey) and we planned in advance to share a car for the rather long ride to Valpo a58293FE3-1DCB-4C7C-8769-E1C7998AB73A.jpeg.6b48c9a9cec4f78fd25744a9637d6166.jpegnd stopped along the way at a winery, making it all the more enjoyable to travel to the port. So be sure to also post on Roll Call.  

For whatever this post is worth, I stayed at the Santiago Sheraton and found it to be very acceptable with good service and restaurants that were well priced and served good food.  It's location seemed to be very acceptable for my fellow cruisers to "get and about" more than I did.  I enjoyed their pool area.