Virgin App still not working?!

Quacks the Cruiser

1 minute ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Thanks PaulUK - I;ve now got my restaurants, mixology class and a few shows booked. We have decided to try Razzle Dazzle for a lunch rather than a dinner but didn’t see anywhere the promised Drag-brunch!

some events look “interesting” (bondage and erotic chat in bed!) but overall weaker than I expected.

Did you get a cabana booked Wendy and if so how much? I want one for a day and sent a message to the “Rock Star Agents” this morning but so far no response!

QTC

I have a feeling they aren’t doing the Drag Brunch - I’m sure I saw that on a Facebook post somewhere. Like you we are planning Razzle Dazzle for lunch rather than dinner. 
no didn’t get a cabana booked - they never responded when I pointed out I wasn’t meaning the Bimini Beach ones!! Would love to know the cost too.

Wendy

1 minute ago, wendyam76 said:

I have a feeling they aren’t doing the Drag Brunch - I’m sure I saw that on a Facebook post somewhere. Like you we are planning Razzle Dazzle for lunch rather than dinner. 
no didn’t get a cabana booked - they never responded when I pointed out I wasn’t meaning the Bimini Beach ones!! Would love to know the cost too.

Wendy

Shame about the Drag Brunch - Julie was looking forward to that!= we opted for Agave, Italian, Test Kitchen and Wake for our 4 nights.

If I hear back about the cabana, I’ll post here! When’s your cruise? We’re the 23rd and 1st time cruisers who just need a holiday!

QTC

3 minutes ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Shame about the Drag Brunch - Julie was looking forward to that!= we opted for Agave, Italian, Test Kitchen and Wake for our 4 nights.

If I hear back about the cabana, I’ll post here! When’s your cruise? We’re the 23rd and 1st time cruisers who just need a holiday!

QTC

We were looking forward to it too! Booked the same as you but Gumbae instead of the Italian - booked The Wave later so that we can have starters at the Italian when it opens! 
We are the 9th - been on many cruises but this will be different and very much looking forward to it!

Wendy 

4 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

We were looking forward to it too! Booked the same as you but Gumbae instead of the Italian - booked The Wave later so that we can have starters at the Italian when it opens! 
We are the 9th - been on many cruises but this will be different and very much looking forward to it!

Wendy 

Make sure you post what everything is like for us tail end Charlie’s!!, we booked one of the Dr A late night cabarets but will only sit in the “voyeurs” section ;o)

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:05 PM, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

Hi Wendyam76

here is the response from the “Rock Star Agents” re cabana bookings :-

Thanks for contacting Sailor Services. Reservations for The Cabanas can be made on board with our Sailor Services Crew, located on Deck 5. There is a fee to reserve them but pricing will be available once on board.

Not much help really and I thought Suite bookings got first grabs at them!

QTC

The App appears to be working on my iPhone and reflects most information plus the names of our friends who are travelling in our group.

However, booking a restaurant isn't so straight forward. We would of course wish to try 'The Wake' but this proved impossible to find a slot on any of our onboard evenings. No trouble booking other restaurants but the dilemma is which dates are best.

Out of minor frustration I telephoned 'sailor services' who were sympathetic but could not help. Their best advice was to try once onboard and assured me that not all restaurant tables were bookable online. We shall see.

Of course I accept that those with suite 'privileges' may well have got in early: Ive regularly used the same system on Oceania many times. It's nevertheless a trifle annoying as dining is generally an important part of the cruising and social atmosphere.

Hopefully, they can get this all straightened out sooner than later. In addition to being cancelled on several times already, I want to be able to make reservations for the places I want to eat at on board... I was basically fully checked in on the app, when my September 26th cruise was cancelled. Now, God willing, I'm trying for the "new" first cruise from Miami on October 6th...

Well the app is now working for restaurant bookings but only dinner and only once per each restaurant. Some shows/events are bookable but others you can only note when it is but it’s first come/first served.

The app still has a few glitches though. It says cabanas are pre bookable on the app but sailor services say “no”. I sent them copies of the app pages and they said this was a “mistake” and they would contact the app developers to change it. They did confirm that the cost to reserve a cabana for the day is $300-$500 but could not say what that would get you except the cabana for the day!

Equally suddenly in the app, disembarkation times have appeared but are all shown as sold out. I phoned Sailor Services again and the girl said she had lots of calls about this today. After a short hold, she returned to say it was again a mistake and we should book disembarkation when we board.

I’m a first time cruiser and looking forward to this. However first impressions of Virgin are not positive. I hope the experience on board exceeds the pre-departure experience!

Don

25 minutes ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Well the app is now working for restaurant bookings but only dinner and only once per each restaurant. Some shows/events are bookable but others you can only note when it is but it’s first come/first served.

The app still has a few glitches though. It says cabanas are pre bookable on the app but sailor services say “no”. I sent them copies of the app pages and they said this was a “mistake” and they would contact the app developers to change it. They did confirm that the cost to reserve a cabana for the day is $300-$500 but could not say what that would get you except the cabana for the day!

Equally suddenly in the app, disembarkation times have appeared but are all shown as sold out. I phoned Sailor Services again and the girl said she had lots of calls about this today. After a short hold, she returned to say it was again a mistake and we should book disembarkation when we board.

I’m a first time cruiser and looking forward to this. However first impressions of Virgin are not positive. I hope the experience on board exceeds the pre-departure experience!

Don

Don.  

Where in the app is it you can chose a restaurant slot?

I still can't see it anywhere.

When are the band's expected?

To book restaurants, I clicked on the bottom tab that said “Discover” and on the Discover page, click “Ship”, then click “Eateries”. This will take you to the restaurant page. you then have two options (1) In the red box, put in the time you would like to eat and it will show you what restaurants are available (2) ignore the red box and click on one of the bookable restaurants which will take you to the restaurant page and you can browse avaiblity from there.

For the “what’s on”, Again on the discover page click “Line Up” and this will take you to page 1 which is the first day of your cruise. You will see numbers 1-4 or 1-5 across the top depending whether you are on a 3 or 4 day cruise. If you scroll down you will see what’s on at what time and where - some shows let you guarantee a booked slot ; some say book but it’s really just a reminder.

Anything you’ve booked appears under the “Me” tab on the home page.

It’s clunky, but hope that helps!

Don

OMG!!! This app is crap!  I couldn’t sign on tried to change password and was put in a loop over and over even though the password was correct.  Finally deleted and reinstalled.  It seems to be the only thing that can fix it.  This app needs work BAD!

On 7/15/2021 at 8:17 AM, les37b said:

Don.  

Where in the app is it you can chose a restaurant slot?

I still can't see it anywhere.

When are the band's expected?

I struggled to find it too so you are not alone.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:31 AM, Quacks the Cruiser said:

To book restaurants, I clicked on the bottom tab that said “Discover” and on the Discover page, click “Ship”, then click “Eateries”. This will take you to the restaurant page. you then have two options (1) In the red box, put in the time you would like to eat and it will show you what restaurants are available (2) ignore the red box and click on one of the bookable restaurants which will take you to the restaurant page and you can browse avaiblity from there.

For the “what’s on”, Again on the discover page click “Line Up” and this will take you to page 1 which is the first day of your cruise. You will see numbers 1-4 or 1-5 across the top depending whether you are on a 3 or 4 day cruise. If you scroll down you will see what’s on at what time and where - some shows let you guarantee a booked slot ; some say book but it’s really just a reminder.

Anything you’ve booked appears under the “Me” tab on the home page.

It’s clunky, but hope that helps!

Don

What I have found frustrating is not being able to view more than 3 time slots, wouldn't it much simpler to see all available slots instead of just 3 that are greyed out and unavailable. Not very impressed so far.

Edited by Wansbrough

Looking at the Menu in the restaurants ,  I don't think anything is special.  If a group,  then Gunbae could possibly be fun. But the app is so difficult to use.

Looking forward to the first  3 day on 6th Aug however, 

The pay for Lectures

Pillow Talk with Dr A at £18.62 

and

Let's Role play (an introduction to role play in the bedroom)  at £18.62 

Is certainly different . 

Extremely un appy!!  Still have not been able to upload my passport picture.  As for booking reservations - have given up.  Even with all your input, its too time consuming.

Hope everything will be great once onboard!

5 hours ago, burnoutbabe said:

Disembarkation showed SOLD OUT for every time slot on the app, BUT when i went onto the booking page (in the app) then i could select a time easily.

Just another example of how crappy the app is.. WORST app I have ever seen--

We’re on 23rd August sailing and were able to book The Wake, Agave, Extra Virgin and Test Kitchen - seems we got in before all availability went. 

I saw elsewhere that there will be more restaurant availability on the ship so maybe an early visit to Sailor Services to secure your steak may be needed!

some of the pay events look “edgy” - BDSM and erotic chat?!

Looking forward to our first “holiday” in two years though.

Don

On 7/6/2021 at 3:02 PM, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Thanks PaulUK - I;ve now got my restaurants, mixology class and a few shows booked. We have decided to try Razzle Dazzle for a lunch rather than a dinner but didn’t see anywhere the promised Drag-brunch!

some events look “interesting” (bondage and erotic chat in bed!) but overall weaker than I expected.

Did you get a cabana booked Wendy and if so how much? I want one for a day and sent a message to the “Rock Star Agents” this morning but so far no response!

QTC

What the ?? You saying they have bondage and erotic chat on the ship?...

Doesn't sound like the virgin way

2 minutes ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Yep!

Two sessions called “50 Shades of Play” and  “Pillow Talk”. Screenshots attached!

2CAB24FA-B361-44F7-A78A-9810236CB952.png

DDF4D448-AA8E-4BF2-AA96-164772C7BDCA.png

Wow-I can't wait...:).. Website does not show it anymore, but it initially said there was a tops optional area......

3 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Wow-I can't wait...:).. Website does not show it anymore, but it initially said there was a tops optional area......

I am sure that  NCL had a topless sun deck area on Epic , but believe that policy has now changed.