Virgin App still not working?!

Quacks the Cruiser

7 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Wow-I can't wait...:).. Website does not show it anymore, but it initially said there was a tops optional area......

There’s also a late night “sexy Cabaret” which is free, followed by an after show party! The audience area is split into 2 - one for “players” who may be called up on stage and one for “voyeurs” who just want to watch!

The 2 lectures are payable in the UK at £18.57 which I suspect equates to a US $25!

BB413B1F-E476-43AE-90E0-F607CFCF73E2.png

Edited by Quacks the Cruiser

10 hours ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Yep!

Two sessions called “50 Shades of Play” and  “Pillow Talk”. Screenshots attached!

2CAB24FA-B361-44F7-A78A-9810236CB952.png

DDF4D448-AA8E-4BF2-AA96-164772C7BDCA.png

Can you tell me where in the app you are finding these things?  Mine isn’t open yet.

13 hours ago, Chamoretta said:

Can you tell me where in the app you are finding these things?  Mine isn’t open yet.

In the app it’s under “Discover”, then “Line “up”. When this opens there’s a series of numbers across the top equating to your days on the ship with one being the day of boarding.

Clicking on each number gives you a full daily schedule in time order of what”s on and where. When  you click on certain events a new page opens up giving you full details. The screenshots above are from this page.

We’ve got roughly 4 weeks to go and this information opened up 4/5 weeks ago so about 8 weeks before departure.

Hope this helps.

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dippyblond said:

I’ve been using the app, booked everything I needed for summer sailing now app not working!  If I delete it and reinstall it would I lose all my bookings??

Mine didn't using iPhone

Edited by LifeonMars

7 hours ago, dippyblond said:

Thank you very much, using I phone also.

in case you have not yet found this in the app ------    Quite important

All on the Virgin Voyages app , scroll to "A new Wave of Health Measures" then Sea our full plan,  scroll Health and Wellness TO DO's, the details,  then  read item 2 Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding.

Reading the Embarkation Prep (As Virgin say) as shown 24 Jul 2021

Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding

In order to board at port in the UK, every Sailor will be tested for COVID prior to getting on the ship, and the rapid antigen tests take about 15 minutes to get a result. We will pick up the cost of the tests so that they are free of charge to all Sailors. Testing will take place near the port at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK, and transport Sailors over to the port afterwards. Please see below for details about arriving at our testing site. No matter how you plan on getting there, Sailors must arrive at the testing site no more than two (2) hours prior to your selected boarding time (selected in the app in Ready-to-Sail). Early arrival at the testing site will not result in an earlier embarkation; so please adhere to your selected embarkation time.

For Sailors arriving in their own car:

• Drive to the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Park your car (temporarily) at the site, and go inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

For Sailors arriving by public transportation or being dropped off:

• Arrive at the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Head inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship

We’ll have additional details to share with you the week of July 19th — after the planned UK Step 4 COVID Response update has been announced. Please check back then for more detailed information.

On 7/24/2021 at 6:49 PM, LifeonMars said:

All on the Virgin Voyages app , scroll to "A new Wave of Health Measures" then Sea our full plan,  scroll Health and Wellness TO DO's, the details,  then  read item 2 Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding.

Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

In order to board at port in the UK, every Sailor will be tested for COVID prior to getting on the ship, and the rapid antigen tests take about 15 minutes to get a result. We will pick up the cost of the tests so that they are free of charge to all Sailors. Testing will take place near the port at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK, and transport Sailors over to the port afterwards. Please see below for details about arriving at our testing site. No matter how you plan on getting there, Sailors must arrive at the testing site no more than two (2) hours prior to your selected boarding time (selected in the app in Ready-to-Sail). Early arrival at the testing site will not result in an earlier embarkation; so please adhere to your selected embarkation time.

• Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

• You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship

We’ll have additional details to share with you the week of July 19th — after the planned UK Step 4 COVID Response update has been announced. Please check back then for more detailed information.

Thanks for that.

Do you think that the covid test will be the throat swab?

I think the other cruise liners have opted for just the nasal swab...

6 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Thanks for that.

Do you think that the covid test will be the throat swab?

I think the other cruise liners have opted for just the nasal swab...

NHS require both for the do it yourself antigen test,  but MSC only did nose,  will find out shortly what Virgin Cruises do. 

Virgin Cruises have now placed this link on the thread below  https://virg.in/4qiF

I managed to book meals for 3 of the 4 nights on booking (30 days out)

then last Wednesday someone on the favebook group said more availability so managed to get the italian finally on my free day AMD move a (too late but all they had) test kitchen to a much nicer 6.30.

(by move i mean release and rebook)

On 7/24/2021 at 6:49 PM, LifeonMars said:

Thank you very much, so helpful!  I remember receiving an email about this but had forgot all about it!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:28 AM, dippyblond said:

I’ve been using the app, booked everything I needed for summer sailing now app not working!  If I delete it and reinstall it would I lose all my bookings??

Update to above - app deleted and reinstalled - all bookings etc still showing - seems to be working fine again

On 7/26/2021 at 4:01 PM, burnoutbabe said:

I managed to book meals for 3 of the 4 nights on booking (30 days out)

then last Wednesday someone on the favebook group said more availability so managed to get the italian finally on my free day AMD move a (too late but all they had) test kitchen to a much nicer 6.30.

(by move i mean release and rebook)

Hi. Can you advise what group you are a member of? Any tips and advice would be a huge help. Dxx

11 hours ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

I asked Sailor Services if there was  topless sunbathing area.

The answer is that there is a sun deck on deck 17 called The Perch where you can sunbathe topless!

Hope that helps!

Don

Well I would just be very happy if its warm enough and sunny enough to sunbathe!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

I asked Sailor Services if there was  topless sunbathing area.

The answer is that there is a sun deck on deck 17 called The Perch where you can sunbathe topless!

Hope that helps!

Don

***Makes note: be sure to check out deck 17 - The Perch...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LeLe_Is_Me said:

Help please.

my app is now just a white page when I try and open it.

if I delete and reinstall will all my info (boarding time/bookings etc ) still be there when I log back in?

I’ve had to do this many times - everything has been stored though. 
Wendy

• Like 1

Ive had this happen several times now - annoyingly!

I now have the app on my i pad as well as phone.

Also - if you have trouble signing in (as I have) try signing in using another method.

Email did not want to work for me but signing in using FB worked fine.

• Thanks 1

The app is still not working for me, I've deleted and reinstalled numerous times now and it still wont work.  Even trying to log on to my account via the web says there is a problem.  Tried to contact customer services, no response.  Unable to see details for the embarkation process, unable to make reservations.  Its pretty crap so far, I'm starting to wish I'd stuck with Celebrity.

The app is still not working for me, I've deleted and reinstalled numerous times now and it still wont work.  Even trying to log on to my account via the web says there is a problem.  Tried to contact customer services, no response.  Unable to see details for the embarkation process, unable to make reservations.  Its pretty crap so far, I'm starting to wish I'd stuck with Celebrity.

2 hours ago, Sheffben79 said:

App not working as in can’t log in, or won’t even let you get that far? I keep getting an error message when I try to log in with my email address but it works with Facebook. 

But yes, it’s very buggy and a definite problem given how much of the on board experience relies on it.