RCCL Jewel of the seas solo cabin

latebuyer

I’ve looked at a lot of jewel of the seas caribbean cruises and it doesn’t seem like the solo cabin is available right up to 2024. Does anyone know if they are available to book online? I’m not sure if they are booked up or if there is no longer a reduced price for them.

11 hours ago, christinand said:

I’ve looked at a lot of jewel of the seas caribbean cruises and it doesn’t seem like the solo cabin is available right up to 2024. Does anyone know if they are available to book online? I’m not sure if they are booked up or if there is no longer a reduced price for them.

According to the deck plans, there are a grand total of 3 Studio Interior cabins available on Jewel OTS. I couldn't find availability when using Royal's website but these cabins showed up when I used a TA's site.

If you have a date or itinerary in mind, give Royal a call!

I’ll post this here as the invoice i received is interesting even though i found it on cruise plum which people know about. As people may know the solo cabin rate isn’t really that great but bizarrely what was done on this cruise is the 60% off guest discount was applied making it 1/2 off. The sale also applied to a mariner of the seas cruise but interesting if it extends to serenade and other ships.

31 minutes ago, christinand said:

I’ll post this here as the invoice i received is interesting even though i found it on cruise plum which people know about. As people may know the solo cabin rate isn’t really that great but bizarrely what was done on this cruise is the 60% off guest discount was applied making it 1/2 off. The sale also applied to a mariner of the seas cruise but interesting if it extends to serenade and other ships.

Wow. Really? I need to go check out Mariner prices. Er, just for research you know...

(I'm already booked on Mariner for next February in a balcony since it was reasonably priced at the time, but I do want to try out their version of the solo interior cabin)

I booked a radiance of the seas pacific coastal with a 50% single supplement. It looks like the special on some of the cruises that had a 25% supplement is over. Just a note i did find you could search for solo cabins on the large unmentionable travel site. I am not suggesting you book there but it is nice to be able to conduct a search and scan through prices for a solo booking.

I think I could use some help on where to post this:  I just got a notification from Oceania that one of the  A1 Conceirge Veranda cabins I booked for a single person as part of our multi cabin family cruise this fall will be billed at the two person rate.  Has Oceania eliminated the "single supplement?"  I would appreciate any information or advice on this situation.  

I have 6 cruises booked with RCCL as a solo; all of them under the 60% off 2nd person promo.  They actually calculate the cost of 2 people and then apply the 60% (or more) off the second passenger (which is actually the single supplement add-on).

This is true for any type of cabin.  I currently have Inside Promenade View, Inside Virtual Balcony, Ocean View, and Junior Suite cabins booked.  Average daily cost, including port taxes and fees is $169 / day.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 12:42 AM, christinand said:

It still doesn't seem to me when i do the calculations that i would be paying 1/2 of what a couple pays though.

Normally, a couple would pay 200% (100% each). But with the 60% off the 2nd guest promo, the couple would pay only 140% (60% off). As a solo, you would pay 140% also. Much better than having to pay the full solo supplement where you would pay double (200%) without the promo.

As a solo myself, I have booked multiple cruises on other than Quantum class ships (i.e. Oasis & Voyager class) with this promo. On my booked cruises on Quantum class ships, I'm in a studio balcony.

Edited by MorganClark

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, christinand said:

It still doesn't seem to me when i do the calculations that i would be paying 1/2 of what a couple pays though.

Remember, you do not pay 1/2 of a double rate.  You pay a single supplement, which can be anywhere from + 40% to +100% of the cruise rate, depending on the cruise line and current promos. 

You pay one person's taxes, and one person's gratuities.

I've been semi-shopping solo rates for a few months, because all my cruises are currently booked on RCCL through next year.  I have yet to find a rate that beats the upper level Crown and Anchor's standard discount for solo cruises.  It's a promo code for C&A members with 340 or higher points:  DP340.

With RCCL giving double points until the end of 2022, I'm sticking with them for the next year.  Solo cruisers get double points anyway, and now quadruple points until the end of 2022.