Another cruise cancelled

BarbinMich

Just got word that my Oct 2022 WB TA on the Emerald has been cancelled.  This is my second cancelled cruise:  this year's CB from NYC to the Caribbean was the first.  At least I hadn't made any lodging/airfare reservations for the 2022 cruise as I had for this year's cancelled cruise.

9 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Just got word that my Oct 2022 WB TA on the Emerald has been cancelled.  This is my second cancelled cruise:  this year's CB from NYC to the Caribbean was the first.  At least I hadn't made any lodging/airfare reservations for the 2022 cruise as I had for this year's cancelled cruise.

Oh no! What reason was given? 😪

Yes, we have also been canceled due to the dry dock.

Here is what we received….they have postponed it a month and have added a port/extra day. Certainly a cooler Atlantic crossing!

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - OCTOBER 10, 2022 - EMERALD PRINCESS
Please be advised that as a result of a change to the scheduled drydock maintenance period for Emerald Princess, your 15-day Western Europe Passage voyage departing on October 10, 2022 has been cancelled. As a replacement, we recommend the Emerald Princess 16-day Western Europe Passage voyage departing on November 7, 2022.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What frustrates me with this cancellation is that we originally booked this cruise on the Crown, then they switched us to the Emerald - I don't get why they even bothered with the switch. We booked this as a back to back, the first part left on September 30, the second part, which they just cancelled was the transatlantic back to Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm guessing we will cancel the first cruise just because it doesn't look as interesting to us.

• Like 1

We were on this one too and the suggested replacement doesn't work for me. November is ridiculously busy at work, so I can't do it. I'm looking at a different TA to try to get on. I have to run it past my manager because it will be across the Labor Day holiday weekend.

Why haven't they dry docked in the last 18 or so months?!?

• Like 1

Sorry that you got another cancellation especially being over a year from now.  I cannot possibility imagine how they determine the logistics of all these ships under normal operations - much less just barely coming out of Covid and no revenue for 16 months.  Makes my head spin to contemplate how they do it.  I visualize from the old WW2 movies of the  war room with the battleships and their locations on a big map table moving them around to determine the next move.  LOL. I think they will be in a fluid state for many months to come!

Has anyone let their mind wander to what it will feel like to get back on board???