Waitlist

PSahoy

1 hour ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks for the link.  I see there's some availability on that one.  That's a fine option for us.

Deb

Here's a 18 day portion of the 32 day cruise that I'm booked on.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/northern-fjords-cruises/oslo-to-london-SIR220830/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-8%26ship%3DSIR%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

OV  deck 4 are great for that  cruise  too cold to sit out on the balcony

Be sure to take hat mitts & maybe a face covering  you face can freeze in minutes  outside

LOL!

Nuseinadream, reconsider this 22-day June/July cruise! I’m on the last 10 day segment.

A1 Concierge veranda staterooms are available 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/oslo-to-copenhagen-MNA220629A/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-6%26ship%3DMNA%26marketing_region%3Dnorthernfjords%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

LOL!

Nuseinadream, reconsider this 22-day June/July cruise! I’m on the last 10 day segment.

A1 Concierge veranda staterooms are available 

not  really in the Arctic circle though 🤔

• 4 weeks later...

Question for you seasoned O sailers. I called my agent at Oceania and asked if I could put my name on a list for any penthouse that might open. I just looked at my booking and it says I can not access because it is waitlisted. I now see my cabin that I had booked originally is now available. Have I messed up and could possibly lose my spot on this sailing? The agent never mentioned that I would be giving up my stateroom that I had booked. This will be my second sailing on O and do not know the ins and outs yet. Please advise what I should do. 

Edited by Rummblestrip

14 minutes ago, Rummblestrip said:

Question for you seasoned O sailers. I called my agent at Oceania and asked if I could put my name on a list for any penthouse that might open. I just looked at my booking and it says I can not access because it is waitlisted. I now see my cabin that I had booked originally is now available. Have I messed up and could possibly lose my spot on this sailing? The agent never mentioned that I would be giving up my stateroom that I had booked. This will be my second sailing on O and do not know the ins and outs yet. Please advise what I should do. 

sounds like your TA  misunderstood you  & your intentions

I would see if you can get your original cabin back & ask to wait list the PH in addition to the booked cabin

25 minutes ago, Rummblestrip said:

Oops! Assuming you have/had a deposit on the original cabin, it sounds like you may have not been clear about “without giving up my current cabin, is it possible to get in line for any penthouse that may open?” Instead, it could be that your deposit was moved to the penthouse waiting list.

Unless you know for sure the expertise and length of service of an O phone rep (there are some really excellent/knowledgeable/experienced ones), this is just one of the reasons why many of us use TAs who are O “preferred partners.” They are the first to learn of “upgrade offers” (which is actually what you were trying to achieve). And that TA will know that you are interested and immediately notify you if O makes upgrades available.

Right now, it’s my understanding that O phone reps are currently not on duty over the weekend. So, since you don’t have a TA who is reachable 24/7, you’ll have to wait until tomorrow (Monday morning) Eastern time and call O to straighten this out. If your original cabin is already gone, you may want to speak with a reservation supervisor and explain that you had no intention to change your booking. Rather, you were just trying to get notification if upgrade offers become available.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oops! Assuming you have/had a deposit on the original cabin, it sounds like you may have not been clear about “without giving up my current cabin, is it possible to get in line for any penthouse that may open?” Instead, it could be that your deposit was moved to the penthouse waiting list.

Unless you know for sure the expertise and length of service of an O phone rep (there are some really excellent/knowledgeable/experienced ones), this is just one of the reasons why many of us use TAs who are O “preferred partners.” They are the first to learn of “upgrade offers” (which is actually what you were trying to achieve). And that TA will know that you are interested and immediately notify you if O makes upgrades available.

Right now, it’s my understanding that O phone reps are currently not on duty over the weekend. So, since you don’t have a TA who is reachable 24/7, you’ll have to wait until tomorrow (Monday morning) Eastern time and call O to straighten this out. If your original cabin is already gone, you may want to speak with a reservation supervisor and explain that you had no intention to change your booking. Rather, you were just trying to get notification if upgrade offers become available.

Thank you for the information. I will first thing in the morning. I will be searching out a TA to help me also. I have a few days before the 30 day window to move to a TA. Just finding a good one is my worries. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rummblestrip said:

Thank you for the information. I will first thing in the morning. I will be searching out a TA to help me also. I have a few days before the 30 day window to move to a TA. Just finding a good one is my worries. 

Ask each agency you contact if they are a member of the O Connoisseurs Club or O Preferred Partners. That’s a start. But, first see if the O phone rep or reservations supervisor can fix anything needing fixing.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rummblestrip said:

I have just done a courtesy hold on the stateroom that I originally had. It is that last one in the concierge class. I hope this will not be too much drama tomorrow. Thank you all for the quick responses. 

GOOD LUCK 🤞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Ask each agency you contact if they are a member of the O Connoisseurs Club or O Preferred Partners. That’s a start. But, first see if the O phone rep or reservations supervisor can fix anything needing fixing.  

A related but OT question:  If an agency is a member, does every agent in the agency get to claim that affiliation?  Or is there an agent specific  affiliation also?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rummblestrip said:

I never know why people book directly with O..not a great idea!!

Jancruz1

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I never know why people book directly with O..not a great idea!!

Jancruz1

It's easy for you (and me) to say, because we have good TAs.  But as Avalong's's experience (in this thread) shows, there are also bad TAs – and TAs that just aren't a good fit for a person's needs.  Since we can't refer CC members to our good TAs online or through offline contacts, my advice is to keep this first booking direct with Oceania and make a point to chat up your fellow passengers onboard the ship about their TA experiences.  (a) do they recommend their TA? (b) what is it that they find particularly helpful about their TA?  Then book a second cruise while onboard [for the extra onboard booking benefits] and transfer it to one of those recommended TAs who seems to fit your wants/needs.

• Like 2

All set... They do not know why it showed as a waitlist. They problem happened when they moved me up to a PH2 guarantee. It is great that I was able to secure a PH. I am very surprised that it happened so fast. After thinking that the agent may have made a mistake, I think she is the reason that I have gotten the upgrade so fast. At the end of it, very pleased. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nikless said:

Why?  I book directly (with the same agent) and have never been led astray. 

Zero commission sharing is a lost “chunk of change.” Why not keep booking with your favorite O rep and then transfer to a TA for the added perks?

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Zero commission sharing is a lost “chunk of change.” Why not keep booking with your favorite O rep and then transfer to a TA for the added perks?

While a nice incentive for some that is one of the least of my reasons for using the TA we do. Loyalty to one great TA can pay off in ways many people will never see. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ORV said:

While a nice incentive for some that is one of the least of my reasons for using the TA we do. Loyalty to one great TA can pay off in ways many people will never see. 

I agree with you.

The “problem fixing” and “favor getting” can be priceless. But, adding $ to the deal makes for an ideal situation.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's easy for you (and me) to say, because we have good TAs.  But as Avalong's's experience (in this thread) shows, there are also bad TAs – and TAs that just aren't a good fit for a person's needs.  Since we can't refer CC members to our good TAs online or through offline contacts, my advice is to keep this first booking direct with Oceania and make a point to chat up your fellow passengers onboard the ship about their TA experiences.  (a) do they recommend their TA? (b) what is it that they find particularly helpful about their TA?  Then book a second cruise while onboard [for the extra onboard booking benefits] and transfer it to one of those recommended TAs who seems to fit your wants/needs.

We have been booking with the same T/A for many years and she always in on top of things for us. There is a lot of good T/A 's out there.   Keep trying and you will come up with a good one pretty soon.  Much better than booking directing with the cruise line.