Insurance help please!

SpeedySal

4 hours ago, BVILady said:

I tried to use it once for my daughter. We had booked a cruise about 18 month in advance and I took out the insurance. When it came to the date, she had to move apartments and wasn't able to make it, not a good enough reason to be covered. Have never taken insurance after that, but now with Covid I just felt it was necessary.

Exactly, this insurance is a big scam! They will find any loophole to avoid paying you anything.

Just imagine paying for insurance, just to find that it will not pay you a single penny when the time comes to claim exactly what you had insured!!

(Not to mention that the agents get huge kickbacks from your money)

Even Life Insurance does not pay every insured person who dies (with proof of death)!

There are many different types of deaths, which are not covered by Life Insurance

There is a statutory warning, just like on cigarette packets

"Life Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation"

Edited by drsel

22 hours ago, BVILady said:

Concerning insurance, when I booked both my world cruises they did allow to take up insurance before the finale payment. I usually do check the offers on the cruises again and on the 2023 now it says insurance needs to be purchased when making the reservation. So I hope that before my finale payment for 2023 I will still be able to add the insurance, will need to cross that bridge when I get there. I got so panicked after reading the change of policy that I did add the insurance to the 2022 cruise. Hope it does go, but if not the insurance on Costa US-website is $ 2.999.00 at least for my booking.

That’s an enormous premium indeed! Of course the US site offers an insurance from another company than the European ones, but even here the costs are very different. BTW I saw a remark that not all inhabitants of USA and Canada may be insured on geographic exclusions, are BVI eligible? However, I am happy that the site where I booked offers a reimbursement up to 30.000 € in case I would be denied boarding for being tested positive (I am vaccinated, but one never knows). But this was for 199 €! Also here in the EU a separately offered long term insurance doesn’t cover for more than 90 days in one journey. The small print is always very important, but I have made good experiences. I got back my excess when someone damaged my rented car in a car park and drove away. The only problems I got was that Hertz hesitated to send me a copy of the repair invoice. But another good news: when my South America cruise was cancelled Costa offered paying back everything I paid, including insurance premium. I just decided to do that in 2023 at the same conditions.