User account on AQSC.com?

I have tried creating an account, but after filling out the fields and clicking the Store button, nothing happens.  Tried on Win7/Chrome and Win10/Edge, but same result.

Has anyone here experienced that problem?

Secondary question:  Once signed-in, what sort of things can one do or see -- review bookings, say? 

Hi, registering on AQSC.com is only allowed by travel agents. Like you I also tried, the website is not very user friendly, you have to go through a travel agent or call AQSC to get available cabins and specific cost and discounts.

Edited by blubberwon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also attempted to create a login.  Nope, no go. 

Not sure why, but AQSC wants everything to go through the travel agent.  Since I booked with a non AQSC travel agent, my cruise docs did not come directly from AQSC.  The docs were sent to the travel agency I used, and then the travel agency had to send them to me.  Seems like a a somewhat antiquated way of doing things.  I was actually surprised we could book extra excursions online.  Even with that, I had to enlist help through their chat function since one of the excursions was on a wait list status. 

But, I guess these are "steamboats", so we're emulating times past! 😂

AQSC is a very small company, and have not expanded their website to be user friendly, like most ocean cruises. Not what I'm used to either. My travel agent is pretty good and he knows exactly what I want. Just booked 3 cruises with AQSC, the 50s and 60s cruise Louisville to Memphis on the Queen this August, and b2b Duchess and Countess next year Minneapolis to St. Louis then St. Louis to Chicago. 

• Like 1

Ah, OK, I now know to stop trying!  Thanks for the feedback.

I am working a separate problem right now, which is that when I submitted my first AQSC reservation online recently, some odd problems occurred and my payment is still pending.  I'm wondering now if maybe the problem was somehow related to me not being a travel agent?  I think I will start a separate thread about online reservations.

2 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Ah, OK, I now know to stop trying!  Thanks for the feedback.

I am working a separate problem right now, which is that when I submitted my first AQSC reservation online recently, some odd problems occurred and my payment is still pending.  I'm wondering now if maybe the problem was somehow related to me not being a travel agent?  I think I will start a separate thread about online reservations.

Guess you didn't use a travel agent, which is ok. I would call AQSC at 1-833-976-1231 and ask them about your reservation and shore excursions. They are very friendly and helpful. It would help if you have your reservation ID.

1 hour ago, nogihs said:

So if we cant sigh in how do we keep track of our calendrer?  Example pre booked excursions, if we are pre registered and anything under Your Voyage.

They usually send you an email regarding your booked excursions. That's another reason it's not a user friendly website, hopefully they will get better soon.

Edited by blubberwon

4 hours ago, nogihs said:

So if we cant sigh in how do we keep track of our calendrer?  Example pre booked excursions, if we are pre registered and anything under Your Voyage.

As has been said, you will receive confirmation via email.  Be sure to check your junk email, it could go there.

20 hours ago, blubberwon said:

I would call AQSC at 1-833-976-1231 and ask them about your reservation and shore excursions.

Thank you for this number!

I have e-mailed customer relations and if I don't hear back soon, will call.  A couple of days ago I checked the website; it said to call 1-833-598-0119 for "reservations or booking support." But today I checked again, and it now says to call 1-888-749-5820 for reservations/booking.  This is the same number shown on the main catalog and the online brochure.  So not sure which number to call.

Can I ask - where did you get the 1-833-976-1231 number?  Was it something AQSC provided after your reservation was booked?   

41 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I have e-mailed customer relations and if I don't hear back soon, will call.  A couple of days ago I checked the website; it said to call 1-833-598-0119 for "reservations or booking support." But today I checked again, and it now says to call 1-888-749-5820 for reservations/booking.  This is the same number shown on the main catalog and the online brochure.  So not sure which number to call.

Can I ask - where did you get the 1-833-976-1231 number?  Was it something AQSC provided after your reservation was booked?   

Shore excursions are handled by a different department - Shore Excursions of America (used to be a separate company - now a subsidiary of AQSC). Their web address is American Queen Steamboat Company Shore Excursions (reservemyexcursion.com) and their telephone number is 1-888-966-0938,

Although you can book shore excursions online, you cannot review or cancel them online. Once they are booked, you need to call them to make changes or to check status. Note that you can call them directly even if you booked through a travel agent.

1 hour ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I'm not exactly sure how I got the number, LOL, but it is a valid number for AQSC.

4 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I just got an email from AQSC regarding only 3 days left in their sale.

"Call us to make a reservation: 1-833-976-1231 (M-F 8AM-9PM, SAT-SUN 9AM-7PM EST)"

21 hours ago, bebtwice said:

21 hours ago, bebtwice said:

"Call us to make a reservation: 1-833-976-1231 (M-F 8AM-9PM, SAT-SUN 9AM-7PM EST)"

On 6/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, DaveinCharlotte said:

I'm not exactly sure how I got the number, LOL, but it is a valid number for AQSC.

Yes, I got the phone number from AQSC's email about the sale, thank you. I took advantage for the sale and booked my own made b2b on the last two AQSC ship that we haven't been on. Usually, I enjoy the larger ocean ship, but we really enjoy the slow pace of the paddlewheeler, the fellow cruisers and especially the crew. 

21 hours ago, blubberwon said:

I took advantage for the sale and booked my own made b2b on the last two AQSC ship that we haven't been on.

OK, so you made two bookings online.  Let me ask - What happens to let you know you have booked the cruise successfully?  E.g. does AQSC send you an e-mail confirming your cruise?  Your assigned cabin?

2 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

OK, so you made two bookings online.  Let me ask - What happens to let you know you have booked the cruise successfully?  E.g. does AQSC send you an e-mail confirming your cruise?  Your assigned cabin?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I booked my b2b cruises on the Duchess and Countess through my travel agent, who called AQSC to get my cabins I wanted. After booking AQSC sends emails to my TA, who forwards them to me, showing all cost for the voyage,  port fees and taxes, any onboard credits, cabin numbers, hotel booking, dining time and itinerary. As far as premium shore excursions, I have booked them two ways through my TA and online. Either way AQSC sends an email confirming the booking and that you will pay through your onboard account.

2 hours ago, blubberwon said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I booked my b2b cruises on the Duchess and Countess through my travel agent, who called AQSC to get my cabins I wanted. After booking AQSC sends emails to my TA, who forwards them to me, showing all cost for the voyage,  port fees and taxes, any onboard credits, cabin numbers, hotel booking, dining time and itinerary.

Thank you for making that clear. I have just successfully completed my booking through the rep at 1-888-749-5280.  Hour and a half for a call-back, but the rep was very helpful, straightened out my online booking problems, and sent me the confirmation docs you mention.  I have a separate thread going about online booking; will explain the whole story there.