Cruising with 9 month old

youngcruiser14

We’re thinking if booking a cruise for when little one is 9/10 months old. We’ve cruised before and live in the Uk. We’re planning on sailing from Southampton. The 2 cruises we’re looking at are RC and P&O. Anything we should be aware of with these lines travelling with a baby? I’m not fussed about kids clubs and know baby can’t go in the pool. Mainly thinking about feeding…

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of "mashable" foods you can order for baby.  If that won't work, you will need to bring your own supply of food.  My son was pretty much eating anything he could "gum" by 9 months, but my daughter was still breast-feeding for the most part at that age.....some fruits, veggies and cereals, but not much else until she was a couple months older.  

We cruised with our first little boy at 9 months and it was a great age! We found the cruise line provides any finger type foods we asked for and our little guy spend most of the dinner diligently eating  peas, carrots, blueberries, etc.  We did bring our own formula, bottles and ouches of baby food but some lines do provide pouches.  Washing bottles in the bathroom was a bit of a pain but we really enjoyed ourselves with him and found it MUCH easier than traveling with him on his second cruise at 18 months! 

a crawling 9-10 month old on dingy carpets.... I'd rather they walked on them at 18 months.

We waited until the kid was 3 yo and out of diapers to take him on a cruise with us. He also listened a whole lot better than a 10 month old. We personally escaped on a cruise from him when DS was 9 month old, and I was a walking zombie due to the lack of sleep.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

We cruised with our son when he was 6 months. It was great and he had an amazing time. 

We used to put him in his pjamas and get him to sleep in the pushchair and then head for a drink or two. Sometimes we’d eat in the main restaurant with him (they found us a great spot in a corner where he wouldn’t bother anyone!) Other days we ate in the buffet because it was just easier. 

Hope you have a great time!