Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

LOL He changed it. But let me ask you since I'm not that great in IT. Wouldn't my QR code from CACovid & MC be different from yours?

Adding @Thrak

Of course it should be.

For those who don't know you can Google QR Code Creator and get various sites that will generate a QR Code for whatever you like. I have one that was my business card for work. (I had regular cards as well but created a QR Code because... I could. It also looked spiffy and "Professional" to have a code. 🤪)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Bwahahahaha.... That QR Code just links back to this thread.

I changed it based on Ombud's recommendation. Here is my personal information that was in my personal code:

{"userId":"ocean-22e7b8df-e60a-4242-a6e5-e16f743fb01c","journeyId":"c5949750-0e9a-45f7-80f4-cfa9a0a4c530"}&sizei=512

At any rate, I posted a screenshot of my page on the Medallion app that showed Arrival Status after clicking on the QR Code. Boarding will be much faster when clicking on the QR Code and showing it when checking in.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, billco said:

I changed it based on Ombud's recommendation. Here is my personal information that was in my personal code:

{"userId":"ocean-22e7b8df-e60a-4242-a6e5-e16f743fb01c","journeyId":"c5949750-0e9a-45f7-80f4-cfa9a0a4c530"}&sizei=512

At any rate, I posted a screenshot of my page on the Medallion app that showed Arrival Status after clicking on the QR Code. Boarding will be much faster when clicking on the QR Code and showing it when checking in.

I don't understand. I know and have seen QR codes. But where does the medallion app create and display them? I thought what you needed to board was the actual medallion which was either sent to your home or you picked it up at the pier. 

34 minutes ago, skynight said:

I don't understand. I know and have seen QR codes. But where does the medallion app create and display them? I thought what you needed to board was the actual medallion which was either sent to your home or you picked it up at the pier. 

On your booking under Arrival Status next to Proceed to Blue Lane there is a small QR Code. Below that it says Have your Medallion and passport visible upon arrival. You can click on the QR Code. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Of course it should be.

For those who don't know you can Google QR Code Creator and get various sites that will generate a QR Code for whatever you like. I have one that was my business card for work. (I had regular cards as well but created a QR Code because... I could. It also looked spiffy and "Professional" to have a code. 🤪)

Wouldn't it be funny if CC members started posting their comments as QR codes?!  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

39 minutes ago, billco said:

On your booking under Arrival Status next to Proceed to Blue Lane there is a small QR Code. Below that it says Have your Medallion and passport visible upon arrival. You can click on the QR Code. 

Yes, they need verify you are the person with the information in the App and do a passport check.

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Still don't understand the QR code. You show scan your medallion, you have to show your passport they see it is you. What step does the QR code skip or replace.

A poster on a different thread thought it would be used for those who have to pick up the Medallion at the port.

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Still don't understand the QR code. You show scan your medallion, you have to show your passport they see it is you. What step does the QR code skip or replace.

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

A poster on a different thread thought it would be used for those who have to pick up the Medallion at the port.

Princess check-in rep scans it to bring up your res file on their notebook or tablet.

6 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

An updated Rot-13 !

Wow.  I recognize the reference but it will be pretty obscure to most here. (I once sent a joke to the fellow crew members in my IT unit using hexadecimal and not one of them had a clue what it was let alone how to "decode" it. It made me sad.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kristicruise said:

Does anyone know the size of the actual medallion?  Is it the same size as the Apple Air Tag?  I am looking for alternate ways to wear this thing but can not find the actual size of it. Thanks in advance

Approx 1 1/8 " diameter and Approx 1/8 - 3/16" thick (bit thicker in the middle than at edges).

Approx 3cm diameter.

• Like 1

My husband has an older cell phone and he doesn't bother to upgrade just for the Medallion app.   Can husband and wife share one Medallion app on a cell phone with different login of course?  In fact, I can see my husband when I log into mine.  I believe it is expected, though being in the same booking, but Princess support said it is mandatory he must use a different device with his own medallion app.  So ridiculous.

Edited by CeCe_
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

My husband has an older cell phone and he doesn't bother to upgrade just for the Medallion app.   Can husband and wife share one Medallion app on a cell phone with different login of course?  In fact, I can see my husband when I log into mine.  I believe it is expected, though being in the same booking, but Princess support said it is mandatory he must use a different device with his own medallion app.  So ridiculous.

I think you each need a Medallion, but I think you should be able to set up both of you on one cell phone...at least that's my logical guess. 

If not....once children are allowed to sail, they will really have a mess. My 2 year old and 5 year old grandchildren will NOT have cell phones......😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

My wife hasn't installed the app - yet. I've been able to do all of the preliminary stuff for both of us on my phone. Once Princess has a stable app (hopefully one day that will happen) I'll install the app on her phone so she can use it onboard if she likes. Otherwise, she will simply use the TV or one of the public portals. Everybody gets their own Medallion but nobody has to use a personal device once onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kristicruise said:

Does anyone know the size of the actual medallion?  Is it the same size as the Apple Air Tag?  I am looking for alternate ways to wear this thing but can not find the actual size of it. Thanks in advance

Elsewhere on these boards are posts where people have checked and the Medallion fits fine in Apple Air Tag holders.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

I would say yes and no need to log off and log in. It's all one account. One of us has sight issues, can't even read a cell phone, computer or tv screen. When I log into the medallion class app both of us show up.

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Elsewhere on these boards are posts where people have checked and the Medallion fits fine in Apple Air Tag holders.

My Air Tags are a little too big to fit in the standard plastic holder that comes with the Medallion. They do fit in the rubber Medallion holders I bought on Amazon, so I see no reason why the Medallion wouldn't fit in Air tag holders.

3EBDE10F-AB0E-482E-9E79-0E2DAA8BEB0A_1_102_a.jpeg

Edited by billco
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, billco said:

My Air Tags are a little too big to fit in the standard plastic holder that comes with the Medallion. They do fit in the rubber Medallion holders I bought on Amazon, so I see no reason why the Medallion wouldn't fit in Air tag holders.

3EBDE10F-AB0E-482E-9E79-0E2DAA8BEB0A_1_102_a.jpeg

Do you have a link? I looked and can't find anything like that cute wristband.

TIA

• Like 1

Just now, CeCe_ said:

I am not a fan of this whole idea of Medallion.  Princess should provide the accessories free of charge.

Everybody wants something for nothing. You realize this idea would be recovered by raising cruise prices. A lanyard and holder are provided with the medallion, anything other that is out of your pocket.

• Like 4