Club Continent Suite and Butlers

mj_holiday

44 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Not wishing to disagree with other answers but Azamara is a bit different from other cruise lines the crew are more a “family”. We find the best way to reward good service, which hopefully you will find all over, is to put a donation into the crew fund. This can be done at guest relations either with cash or via your onboard account, the crew will be aware and usually express their appreciation.

Funny thing is we’ve held parties in suites on many lines but never Azamara there just never seems to be the need, most passengers are very sociable and impromptu gatherings can spring up anywhere.

The crew fund is now what I do. Much fairer and I know they all appreciate it. The whole team do such a great job. 

Phil 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Riocca said:
On 7/20/2021 at 6:57 PM, silkismom said:

Not wishing to disagree with other answers but Azamara is a bit different from other cruise lines the crew are more a “family”. We find the best way to reward good service, which hopefully you will find all over, is to put a donation into the crew fund. This can be done at guest relations either with cash or via your onboard account, the crew will be aware and usually express their appreciation.

You can also contribute to the crew fund with refundable OBC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

You can also contribute to the crew fund with refundable OBC

I believe you can, it’s not something we’ve ever had but others have said they have used it for the crew fund.

22 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I believe you can, it’s not something we’ve ever had but others have said they have used it for the crew fund.

I have done it twice. At first they said I couldn’t, but once they understood that it was refundable credit, it was no problem.

• Like 4

I agree, especially after all everyone has been through, the crew fund to make their life onboard even nicer is the way to go.  That way, every cleaner, laundry operative and back room person who has made your stay enjoyable benefits. 

• Like 6

On our last cruise - March 2020 we tipped our cabin staff independently as they were both phenomenal during the extended voyage. With all the refundable OBC we still had as no excursions taken, we asked for all of it to be applied to the crew fund as a thank you for the fantastic service we received from everyone!

• Like 6

On 7/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

The crew fund is now what I do. Much fairer and I know they all appreciate it. The whole team do such a great job. 

Phil 

Crew fund?... Brilliant idea!

23 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's now what I always do. Speak to Guest Relations. As uktog points out in these uncertain times for the whole crew it's good to spread the love. 

Phil 

You will receive a nice thank you card acknowledging the benefit of your contribution to the fund.

Haven’t noticed if others have mentioned the “attention to duty” forms available at reception. You will  also receive one in your stateroom about half way through your cruise.

Filling those out is a wonderful and alternative way to reward those who have impressed you with their services.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

• Like 2

Our butlers on other lines have also pressed our clothes, arranged spa reservations, changed reservations (especially for shorex, whose office has odd hours and tight timelines). Brought us specific snacks, such as a selection of cheeses once he noticed we ate those more so than charcuterie...

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Our butlers on other lines have also pressed our clothes, arranged spa reservations, changed reservations (especially for shorex, whose office has odd hours and tight timelines). Brought us specific snacks, such as a selection of cheeses once he noticed we ate those more so than charcuterie...

Azamara butlers do not do pressing of clothes. You simply leave out your requirements and a completed list of what you want (together with a laundry bag if needed) and they will take it and pass it on to the ship laundry. 

Obviously everyone will use their butler differently. For the other items you mention and including dinner reservations in the Specialties I prefer to do it myself. I feel I'm more in control and it's nice to interact with those other areas.  Since they moved shore excursions more centrally to The Den I've found it easier to go and see them. If I'm cancelling I much prefer to do that myself because of time constraints and then I know it's done. 

Ask at the beginning when you meet of want you like and don't like for snacks. For example I don't like blue cheese or goats cheese. He'll avoid bringing it. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 4