Online reservations on AQSC.com?

I am wondering if there are folks here who have submitted their AQSC reservations online, as opposed to calling Reservations or using a TA?

Did the process seem to work OK?

I tried this a few days ago and got some odd results.  When I clicked Pay Now, I was taken to what I think was a non-AQSC website (possibly Paypal?) where I completed the credit card info and submitted the payment.  A page was displayed saying my payment was successful, and to click a link to "return to the merchant's website."  But when I clicked that link, an error message (attached) was displayed and I could go no further.  The payment shows up on my credit card statement as Pending.  I can look up the reservation, but it shows the balance as unpaid.

I suspect most use 1-888-749-5280 or their TA to book cruises, but while I wait for AQSC's response to my query, I'm hoping there are some of you who do book online can help me. 

AQSC_response-paypal.pdf

OK, no responses.  But after finally getting through on phone, I now think I know the full(er) story. So for anyone who cares, here it is:

Basically, you can fill out a reservation online, but you cannot pay for it.  If you try, like I did, you will find that it (Pay Now) seems to work, albeit with a couple of cryptic error messages. The payment is taken from your credit card account immediately, but the reservation will say that it is still unpaid.  A few days later AQSC will reverse the credit card payment.  Apparently they know the payment system is faulty, and that any customer transaction needs to be reversed!  Why the Pay Now option is even there is a mystery to me.

Filling out an online reservation is not wasted effort though.  For one thing, it gives you your reservation number up front, and lets you know what choices need to be made, such as dining times, bed options, etc.  Most of the data you enter is saved, saving time when you talk to the human rep.  You have to talk to the rep anyway, because only the rep can (1) accept payment, (2) assign you a specific cabin, and (3) send you the set of confirmation pdfs.

So my recommendation is to initiate the reservation online, avoid the Pay Now button like the plague, and call Reservations when you're ready to pay and finalize the booking.