Uber and Lyft drop off at cruise terminals

Texaschick51

We are signed up for a cruise in February 2022. We have a hotel to stay in the night before and where we can leave our car during the cruise. We are sailing out of Galveston. I'm handicapped and use a walker to help me get around. My question is does anyone know if Uber or Lyft can drop you off at the terminal your ship is leaving from at an area where Porters help get your luggage. My husband can't drag all of our suitcases to the area where Porters are by himself. I'm hoping someone can help me with this information. Our travel agent is arranging for me to get on and off the ship with the help of a wheelchair. It would set my mind at ease if I knew we can be dropped off where we will be helped with our luggage by the Porters. Thank you so much for your assistance.

17 minutes ago, Texaschick51 said:

We are signed up for a cruise in February 2022. We have a hotel to stay in the night before and where we can leave our car during the cruise. We are sailing out of Galveston. I'm handicapped and use a walker to help me get around. My question is does anyone know if Uber or Lyft can drop you off at the terminal your ship is leaving from at an area where Porters help get your luggage. My husband can't drag all of our suitcases to the area where Porters are by himself. I'm hoping someone can help me with this information. Our travel agent is arranging for me to get on and off the ship with the help of a wheelchair. It would set my mind at ease if I knew we can be dropped off where we will be helped with our luggage by the Porters. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Howdy @Texaschick51  emo22.gif

Welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! emo34.gif I see it has been awhile since you have posted on the boards. 

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. 👍  It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Howeveryour new thread was off-topic there since your topic concerns a specific homeport. 

To help you out I have moved your thread to our Gulf Coast Departures forum. Please browse through the thread titles on this forum l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you. Also, you might want to browse the Disabled Cruise Travel forum too. That's where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. Please feel free to ask more questions on either forum.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif