Changing bookings - how does this work, please?

SpeedySal

Could anyone please explain about how changing a booking works, please?  Do you have to cancel the unwanted booking, ask for a refund of your deposit  and simply begin again with a new booking or can you cancel and ask to transfer your deposit to the new booking?

I imagine the new booking will then be subject to the current cancellation rules etc. not whatever was in place at the time of the original booking?

I am finding phone calls to Costa are quite lengthy so I want to be clear in my own head before I call and make any changes.

Thanks for your help!

You can simply transfer the deposit to the new cruise and right now there are no penalties for cancellation or modifications,  because of covid.

The onboard credit of the first Cruise may be wasted,  it may not be transferred to the new booking.

Edited by drsel

Thank you again for your response. Are you referring to the US website by any chance?

On the U.K. website recently they were offering’no penalty cancellation up to 15 days before departure’ only for a time specified period (mid June I think).

It seems as if the different websites have different conditions.

I think you will need to call them. My confirmation does not allow any changes without losing the deposit. Might depend not only on country of website but also on trip booked. I assume only they will be able to answer your question and give you instructions. An 800 call so just going to be a waste of your time but you will know for sure.

10 hours ago, SpeedySal said:

Thank you again for your response. Are you referring to the US website by any chance?

On the U.K. website recently they were offering’no penalty cancellation up to 15 days before departure’ only for a time specified period (mid June I think).

It seems as if the different websites have different conditions.

The UK website says free cancellation upto 15 days from the date of booking

Thank you BVI lady, I will check by phone when I am confirming any future bookings. I think it gives us all more confidence to book if you have the no penalty cancellation option up until 15 days before departure.

drsel, thank you, too, but where are you seeing this on the U.K. website please? It was on there a few weeks ago but I no longer see this so I am wondering if this is no longer on offer and it is back to the usual terms and conditions re. cancellation penalties.

drsel, apologies - I have just been back to the U.K. website and now I see a great big promo offering cancellation fee up to 15 days before departure valid on Med and Emirates cruise booked before 31/08…….good time to book! Many thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, SpeedySal said:

drsel, apologies - I have just been back to the U.K. website and now I see a great big promo offering cancellation fee up to 15 days before departure valid on Med and Emirates cruise booked before 31/08…….good time to book! Many thanks.

Right now Costa UK website is still showing free cancellation within 15 days included.

Does that means within 15 days of booking or within 15 days of departure?

Just checked and it says up to 15 days before departure the penalty will be zero until 31 May 2022. Presumably, it means on cruises booked between 16 June to 31 August departing from now until 31 May 2022, this no penalty offer applies.

I would still double check with Costa when booking and/or paying deposit/balance.