Dep. times... WHEN will Seabourn learn?

M&PGermany

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

SLSD should book a cruise with later departures even if on another line.  The Seabourn cruises this summer have earlier departures and it’s been that way since we booked in April.

What I would say is that Seabourn should come up with a more exciting scheduling, more options regarding excursions and so on...

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

SLSD should book a cruise with later departures even if on another line.  The Seabourn cruises this summer have earlier departures and it’s been that way since we booked in April.

Not quite sure why you singled out SLSD here as she is not the main person discussing later departures?

One of the reasons I have booked the two long cruises for 2022 and 2023 is because Seabourn promoted the fact that they have quite a few late departures or overnights. If I  don't end up cancelling due to the vaccination issue it is certainly something I am looking forward to. Maybe Seabourn are realising it is something that is a selling point. 

I have been on a few Seabourn cruises in the Med with late night departures and overnight stays and they are popular with many guests.

• Like 1

I feel like there are some interesting points which have been made in this thread which, while interesting and informative to discuss among ourselves, ultimately end up accomplishing nothing -- other than perhaps encouraging some folks to look at alternative to Seabourn! -- unless someone in Seabourn management hears these suggestions and concerns.

Does anyone have an inside track to someone in Seabourn management (not hotel directors or cruise directors or others on the ships, since these are company policy issues) to pass this on to?

No need to reply or identify sources; I'm just suggesting if anyone knows a way to pass this thread on, it would do more good if it were Seabourn's hands than just being a discussion among the people on this forum.

We are finally in a better place which is just as well since we embark tomorrow.

Overnight Seabourn must have done something. Yesterday at this time we found that even though we had completed the health certificate and online registration but could not get boarding passes. The warning was that one or two were not complete. Our TA investigated with Seabourn and they confirmed we had done our part, and again apologised for system failure. Then today we opened the app and the boarding passes magically showed up!

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, markham said:

We are finally in a better place which is just as well since we embark tomorrow.

Overnight Seabourn must have done something. Yesterday at this time we found that even though we had completed the health certificate and online registration but could not get boarding passes. The warning was that one or two were not complete. Our TA investigated with Seabourn and they confirmed we had done our part, and again apologised for system failure. Then today we opened the app and the boarding passes magically showed up!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Excellent news, now I'm sure you will relax and enjoy. Have a great cruise! 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, SLSD said:

But isn't this a primarily German cruise line with German being the primary language onboard?  And, isn't smoking prevalent on this line?  I think I read that somewhere.  

HL's Europa 2 has 2 languages on board, German and English, as does the expedition ship Inspiration. Announcements and menus are in two languages, though most pax are German-speaking.  Crew speak English to varying degrees (a lot of the lower level crew are Filipino, so they speak better English than German).

There is a smokers' lounge and smoking is allowed outside in a smoker's section on the Europa 2, but the Inspiration is going smoke-free soon.

However, as I posted elsewhere, Americans are not allowed on Board right now, or in the near future, even if they are vaxed (only Germans, Austrians, and Swiss) -- a relic rule from September 2020.

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I was just responding to SLSD’s post not to the OP.   I still hope Seabourn does not consider altering our schedule for summer Greek cruises.   The early departures are one reason we booked the cruises.   

Maybe you should check out TUI Cruises.

They still offer "blue cruises" where you never leave the ship. 😉

Just browsing through "MySilversea".

Excited to see all these included excursions.

And guess what: They offer AM and PM excursions 😍

e.g. morning hike and afternoon beach break on the island of Paros...and in the evening there is still time for a stroll through the port... LOVE IT... 

• Like 1