Unlimited Included Internet

Texas Tillie

despite my relation with Hapag Lloyd is heavily under stress : i got one hour a day for free in a regular cabin   

on SB i still have platinum and one of the options was free internet ( i took this together  with discounts on the wine list and an amount of free time phones ) you got 3 items 

i was not on SS for nearly  4 years - but it was not free  

I was under the impression that Regents internet … for the lower category suites .. was one ‘log on’ per suite at any one time hence only one person per suite can have access at any one time?

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I was under the impression that Regents internet … for the lower category suites .. was one ‘log on’ per suite at any one time hence only one person per suite can have access at any one time?

Correct

Only Concierge & above get  up to 4  accounts

https://www.rssc.com/ships/explorer?ship=VOY&deck=06&feature=deluxeverandasuiteg&modalShown=true&suite=G-3175

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

On Regent, with Seven Seas Society benefits, Gold and above have the following (highlighted),  as Lady's Mom mentioned.

Gold, 75-199 Nights

• Everything from Bronze and Silver tiers PLUS the following items:
  • $100 Shipboard Credit (per suite)
  • FREE unlimited WiFi with four log-ins, for up to four devices
  • FREE two hours of additional phone time (three hours total)
  • Priority disembarkation at voyage completion in select ports
  • Choice of newspaper service from papers around the world

14 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

On Regent, with Seven Seas Society benefits, Gold and above have the following (highlighted),  as Lady's Mom mentioned.

Gold, 75-199 Nights

• Everything from Bronze and Silver tiers PLUS the following items:
  • $100 Shipboard Credit (per suite)
  • FREE unlimited WiFi with four log-ins, for up to four devices
  • FREE two hours of additional phone time (three hours total)
  • Priority disembarkation at voyage completion in select ports
  • Choice of newspaper service from papers around the world

Good to know  if you are a 1st time Regent  cruiser

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tillie, one of my DH's biggest complaints about Seabourn, SS, Regent, and Hapag Llloyd was not so much that the internet had a charge, but that it was super slow in the suites.  On SB I always had to go sit in SB Square to be able to log on to work to get anything done, which was a pain, but I did not mind the $399 unlimited internet fee.

We just got off the new Crystal Endeavor around Iceland, not having expected internet to be any better than on the other luxury lines , and were pleasantly surprised that it was not only included in the fare, but also worked very well and was not slow even at peak times like before dinner. I don't know if this will be the case other than around Iceland, or when the ship is full, but it was wonderful.  There were many routers. I could research questions that came up real time as we did excursions, or afterwards to answer questions I had thought of, and I could post pictures to my blog, and not have to wait to get home, and DH could keep up with business issues. 

The prices charged are high enough on these lines that it should be included and unlimited, and should work, and on the Endeavor, it did (at least on this one cruise at 50% capacity, even  with multiple teenagers on board). 

22 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Never had a problem with the internet on Seabourn in Greece this July.   Worked well in our suite and in the Retreat.

That is good.

When we were on, in Greece a few years ago (Odyssey), our suite (a PH very forward in the bow) had poor access, whereas others closer to SB Square had great access, but there may be other variables.

We had the same problem on Quest (Norway, west coast of Europe) and Encore (Australia, right before Covid) though then we were closer to mid-ship, which I always got around by going to SB Square, after first talking to the IT guy who would tell us that "some locations work better than others, so go to SB Square if you have problems".  

• 2 weeks later...