How long to get a refund from my Star Breeze cruise for July 3rd that was cancelled by Windstar......

sail2day

I had my Star Breeze cruise for July 3rd cancelled by Windstar. On July 25th I received my FCC and I responded that I wanted a refund.

Let's see how long it takes Windstar to refund my cruise.....

1 hour ago, sail2day said:

I had my Star Breeze cruise for July 3rd cancelled by Windstar. On July 25th I received my FCC and I responded that I wanted a refund.

Let's see how long it takes Windstar to refund my cruise.....

Did you mean June 25th?

sail to day

PLEASE, give it a break. You got your cancellation notice one week ago and even if Windstar put your check in the mail on the 21st you would still be waiting. News flash, there are other people dealing with cancellations and refunds. Don’t worry they will get to you, please.

• Like 4

Agree with Barrycat. Take a deep breath. COVID is still ravaging India, so our problems here pale.

I didn't have a refundable cruise with WS during COVID but 4 cruises with two other cruise lines. Refunds posted to my account about 2-3 months after the cancellation. That sounds pretty typical- mostly closer to 3 months. If WS does the same as the other cruise lines your refund will come in separate sums, excursions, port taxes, cruise fare etc. It's not ideal but the cruise line is dealing with a hell of a lot, and you'll get your money. I've yet to see any poster or any other forums say that their money was not returned.

3 hours ago, sail2day said:

I am still waiting for the refund.

No surprise from my end. Very much expected from Windstar. 

Usually it take 3-4 weeks to get a refund. In some cases it may last up to 3 months. I mean in any case, they will issue you a refund but if you will have any questions, dont hesitate to call them asking them for the terms. It doesnt depend on the total sum but rather on the time needed to process all the refund requests

7 hours ago, Barrycat said:

sail to day

PLEASE, give it a break. You got your cancellation notice one week ago and even if Windstar put your check in the mail on the 21st you would still be waiting. News flash, there are other people dealing with cancellations and refunds. Don’t worry they will get to you, please.

Well said.

• Like 2

I am upset that Windstar cancelled the cruise due to poor planning on their part. If they would have done things correctly I would not have missed a pre-planned vacation. Also the Windstar customer service has been lacking. Three days to get a call back from Windstar after constant calls. That is unacceptable. The only reason that I got a call back was because of my posts on this board. 

By the way, a refund is not "a check in the mail". It is merely a credit card refund. It could take a minute or two to process. The posts that I have seen on this board lead me to believe that a refund will take weeks, not days. When my clients ask me for a refund they are at my office the same day to pick up their check. I have been practicing law for 35 years and if I had done to this to a client I would have had a Florida Bar complaint by the client. I cannot give Windstar a "pass" on this. 

Corporations must have checks and doublechecks before paying money out.  Especially after the recent court case that said Citibank couldn't claw back $500 million it had incorrectly refunded to a corporate client.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/16/business/citibank-revlon-lawsuit-ruling/index.html

When I was CFO, students paid their tuition to the bursar who deposited the checks in the bank on her own – but every refund had to have my signature on it countersigning hers.  'Best practice.'

We cancelled a cruise for October because we were not ready to commit to flights. Our deposit was credited back to our credit card in about 12 days. We were told up to 60 days so were pleasantly surprised. They had to cancel several cruises because of the crew needing vaccinations. This is a small company with a small staff authorized to handle credit card refunds. You will get it.

• 2 weeks later...

We had 2 cruises cancelled last year though neither were Windstar. The Norwegian one took 3 months to refund, the Silversea one was about 6-8 weeks. 

I have had a few queries about our upcoming Windstar cruise ( which unfortunately looks like I may have to cancel as I can’t get to it now) and their Customer Services have always got back to me very promptly by e- mail. My impression is that they’re a much smaller outfit than the big cruise companies and you get a more personal service but I think patience is called for at this moment in time.

We were on the Star Breeze inaugural, June 19th, which scuttled all port stops due to WS not getting all their crew vaccinated.  As compensation, we were told that, if we decided to go, our cruise was going to be FREE.  Well, we went and it wasn't free.  I'm still waiting to hear about reimbursements and they don't answer the phone.  Am I surprised? No.

How was the cruise?  Sorry, WS devotees, but I'd say mediocre at best. Food unexceptional.  Celebrity chef's names are wasted. Too mush devotion to masking-up and social distancing, and not enough attention to getting your own crew vaccinated? 

We are not cruise newbies, but this was our first WindStar cruise. Obviously our LAST!   

• 2 weeks later...

6 rugrats, did you canx 60 days or more before embarkation? If you did my understanding is windstar will fully refund all your money. If you canx within 60 days of embarkation, my understanding until today was 100% of that money is to be held by windstar as a future cruise credit that you will have 24 months to use.

I was surprised that they refunded me anything at all as we cancelled within 60 days of embarkation.

• 3 weeks later...

My cruise departure was Sept. 27, 2021.  Final payment was due on July 29, 2021.  I cancelled on July 28th and the entire deposit was credited back to my credit card on July 30, 2021.

I'm sad not to go, but know I made the correct decision.

Edited by 6rugrats