Oasis OTS Test Sailing Announced

Just checking what I think I understand about this process… 

Since they are doing test cruises on Oasis out of NJ, this means there won’t  be a 100% vaccinated passenger cruise requirement? 
I also also they aren’t doing test cruises for Alaska cruises from Seattle since there is a 100% requirement for vaccinated cruises there.  Trying to understand and be clear on all this…
I’m just trying to make sure I understand what is happening on Oasis. Not trying to start a political discussion.

Just now, sixbirches said:

Since they are doing test cruises on Oasis out of NJ, this means there won’t  be a 100% vaccinated passenger cruise requirement? 

Correct, but the hurdles for unvaccinated seem to be getting higher every day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sixbirches said:

I also also they aren’t doing test cruises for Alaska cruises from Seattle since there is a 100% requirement for vaccinated cruises there.  Trying to understand and be clear on all this…

Posted at the blog ...

Royal Caribbean has received permission for the following cruise ships to start test cruises:

• Serenade of the Seas – July 7 from Port of Seattle

Royal is doing the test cruises because with previous numbers they can't hit 95% unless they turn away cruisers under 12. They don't want to do test cruises. The Florida law means they won't require it off adults, but it seems like they will in states without said law. If they're not doing a test for Alaska I could see that if the bookings of under 12 are a lower percent. 

So far everything I've seen says Royal will require a vaccine if you can get one outside of Florida where they'll just charge you more money. 

4 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Does anyone know if these cruises in September and October will be reduced capacity or full capacity? I haven’t read any specifics about this for Oasis.

They have not yet said % for september, summer sailings are 50% and they will gradually increase.  I think maybe 60 by september and maybe 70% by october.

I'm sure they would love to be back to 100% for holiday sailings in december.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, LouTheGlue said:

Nice to hear something about Oasis, hope this is good news regarding my B2B cruises out of Bayonne NJ Sept. 5th and 12th.

I would assume the test would be from Florida since they can do a quick trip to Coco Cay and back, but will it then head to Cape Liberty. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Is your check-in for the 5th available yet? 

28 minutes ago, seascape11 said:

Is your check-in for the 5th available yet? 

Not yet, in my case for the Sept. 5th sail.  Just an opinion, they are probably need to rid of some booked paxs to maintain a %.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, Jasukkie said:

I really want to book for September, just waiting to hear that vaccines are required. 

If they are doing a test cruise they are pretty much saying they won't meet the 95% vaccinated that said I am betting they will require all above the age of 12 be vaccinated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mauraoel said:

If they are doing a test cruise they are pretty much saying they won't meet the 95% vaccinated that said I am betting they will require all above the age of 12 be vaccinated.

IMO, I think they are doing the test/simulation cruise out of Cape Liberty to be prepared for the holidays when families with children will be cruising.    

I am booked for Sept 26th sailing and doubt there will be many children since they will all be back in school this fall.     Hopefully that will mean at least 95% vaccinated passengers for most of the September and October sailings. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO, I think they are doing the test/simulation cruise out of Cape Liberty to be prepared for the holidays when families with children will be cruising.    

I am booked for Sept 26th sailing and doubt there will be many children since they will all be back in school this fall.     Hopefully that will mean at least 95% vaccinated passengers for most of the September and October sailings. 

I hope so. Cruising on October 17th...

• Like 1