NOLA Parking with EV Charging Station

Some New Orleans hotels have a Tesla charger.  These include:  Sheraton, Loews and Windsor Court.  You will have to check with the hotels for their policy regarding leaving a car while you travel.  Some will let you do that and provide transportation to the terminal.

The Canal Place Garage has a J-1772 charger, if you have a converter. 

• 4 months later...

The general rule varies by property and the type of charger that they have. The properties that use ChargePoint generally charge a fee per kWh until full and then an "idle" fee of anywhere from $2.00/hr. (hotel in Tennessee) to $1.00/min. (Disney World). 

Hotels and garages that use less sophisticated chargers that aren't a part of a network generally allow anywhere from 3 to 8 hours for charging, although every hotel that I've asked has told me that I was okay to leave it connected overnight so long as I moved it in the morning once fully charged. Still others will only let you use the chargers if you valet the car, and the valets will move it to a non-charging space when fully charged.

For cruise ports, I've never left my vehicle unplugged for a full week or longer. I wouldn't be concerned in the summer months, but in the middle of winter, it can lose 3-5% per day due to the cold. Since the cruise terminal garages generally have very low vehicle turnover, I wasn't sure if there was one or more that allow you to keep your vehicle plugged in for the duration? 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 4:48 PM, Desert Traveller said:

I am hoping to drive my Tesla to NOLA and park it while I cruise from there. Did you ever find anything? It will be December so not sure I want to leave it unplugged for a week. 

Do you expect to leave your Tesla plugged in all the time you're on the cruise?