Cruise cancellation extended until 17th December 2021

18 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

No real surprises but this article in the local paper reiterates that there will be no cruises to NZ this season.  They are planning for the 22/23 season.

https://sunlive.co.nz/news/271744-cruise-ship-return-not-expected-until-2022.html

"I think we might see some ships in early 2022, but more likely we will probably see a season beginning at the end of 2022."

I have to agree with that statement. Next to zero chance of cruising this 2021-2022 season.☹️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

I did forget to add that there is a deposit of $984 to be paid by July 17th which is highlighted in red!  I paid our cancelled cruise with FCDs.

Yesterday I received a call from the Princess cruise planner informing me that my Nov 2nd cruise from Brisbane would now be replaced by the same one on Nov 23rd next year. I then received the Princess email and filled in the form for a replacement cruise but when the details came up it showed a date on Oct 23rd. I got back to the cruise planner and she told me that it was an error and it should be Nov 23rd. Then when she sent me the replacement booking details I realise that it was return from Sydney but I was prepared to travel from Gold Coast to Sydney to keep my FCC of $2000. However the deposit is $946 and the FCC isn't included. I was told that this would show up later when they sorted things out and not to worry about the deposit. However when reading the fine print under the deposit amount it stated that the deposit would still need to be paid even if there is a future cruise credit but this doesn’t apply to future cruise deposits! This is so confusing so I will call the planner tomorrow! I am not prepared to pay that excessive amount of deposit due to the uncertainty of cruising.

40 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Yesterday I received a call from the Princess cruise planner informing me that my Nov 2nd cruise from Brisbane would now be replaced by the same one on Nov 23rd next year. I then received the Princess email and filled in the form for a replacement cruise but when the details came up it showed a date on Oct 23rd. I got back to the cruise planner and she told me that it was an error and it should be Nov 23rd. Then when she sent me the replacement booking details I realise that it was return from Sydney but I was prepared to travel from Gold Coast to Sydney to keep my FCC of $2000. However the deposit is $946 and the FCC isn't included. I was told that this would show up later when they sorted things out and not to worry about the deposit. However when reading the fine print under the deposit amount it stated that the deposit would still need to be paid even if there is a future cruise credit but this doesn’t apply to future cruise deposits! This is so confusing so I will call the planner tomorrow! I am not prepared to pay that excessive amount of deposit due to the uncertainty of cruising.

Thank you for your reply. At least our replacement cruise is the same as our cancelled cruise. I had a call back from the Princess planner and she said basically the same as you were told. I understand that the Princess staff will be under the pump at this time but it is quite confusing to receive a cruise booking confirmation that states the total cost is many hundreds if not thousands of dollars more than what your cancelled cruise was to cost and that have to pay a large deposit by a certain date when you have already paid a deposit. If they weren't going to send out the confirmation with the correct details, there shoud have been an acccompanying explanation.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

No real surprises but this article in the local paper reiterates that there will be no cruises to NZ this season.  They are planning for the 22/23 season.

https://sunlive.co.nz/news/271744-cruise-ship-return-not-expected-until-2022.html

So I may be crazy…

following our Kimberley cancellation this week I’ve punted on NZ opening up. We have booked a 3 week expedition cruise from Dunedin to the Ross sea and the week before doing the 3 sounds and the Snares.

Im hoping that they may allow small ship cruising (less than 200) and the fact we don’t stop at any port (only the sub Antarctic islands and then zodiac landings) it may be one of the first to go 🤷‍♀️Well one can only hope…

23 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

So I may be crazy…

following our Kimberley cancellation this week I’ve punted on NZ opening up. We have booked a 3 week expedition cruise from Dunedin to the Ross sea and the week before doing the 3 sounds and the Snares.

Im hoping that they may allow small ship cruising (less than 200) and the fact we don’t stop at any port (only the sub Antarctic islands and then zodiac landings) it may be one of the first to go 🤷‍♀️Well one can only hope…

Well, I hope you're right and that you have a great time.  Is it Heritage Expeditions?

10 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Well, I hope you're right and that you have a great time.  Is it Heritage Expeditions?

No Ponant..and we know what happened last time Ponant entered NZ!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:56 AM, Cruisers47 said:

Hi,

given all the cruise cancellations, has anybody heard about what RCL are doing in Australia this summer.

booked on Quantum in October but am waiting on it being cancelled.

eileen

Wait no longer. ☹️ Reported in today's email from Cruise Weekly:

"Royal Caribbean International (RCI) has cancelled Quantum of the Seas’ season sailing from the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal from Oct 2021 to Apr 2022."

Edited by By The Bay

On 7/6/2021 at 6:56 AM, Cruisers47 said:

Hi,

given all the cruise cancellations, has anybody heard about what RCL are doing in Australia this summer.

booked on Quantum in October but am waiting on it being cancelled.

eileen

They have just announced quantum and ovation are canceled 

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They have just announced quantum and ovation are canceled 

The cruise line made the decision due to the ongoing uncertainty around the opening of international borders, with Ovation of the Seas’ sailing from Sydney on 16 Oct also cancelled. Two Honolulu sailings have also been cancelled - the 28 Sep Ovation voyage the 07 Oct Serenade of the Seas cruise.

Chiliburn, The way I am reading this is only the Trans Pacific and the cruise on 16 October as been cancelled. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, personally I don't think they would bring the ships here with the uncertainly and foresee only Radiance if any cruising from AU on domestic voyages only.

9 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

The cruise line made the decision due to the ongoing uncertainty around the opening of international borders, with Ovation of the Seas’ sailing from Sydney on 16 Oct also cancelled. Two Honolulu sailings have also been cancelled - the 28 Sep Ovation voyage the 07 Oct Serenade of the Seas cruise.

Chiliburn, The way I am reading this is only the Trans Pacific and the cruise on 16 October as been cancelled. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, personally I don't think they would bring the ships here with the uncertainly and foresee only Radiance if any cruising from AU on domestic voyages only.

It’s a bit vague but it could be ovation is canceled.

D04456E3-A974-40A3-8BFA-71190237D8C4.thumb.png.819873301cea28d9742ad5129a78cf90.png

7 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

More information from our US member on RCC board.

Interesting Voyager Singapore season is cancelled and now operating with Quantum, and Ovation has extended her Alaska season with 4 additional cruises.

Australia and Asia Cancellations - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

Ken is a agent,he gets things first hand.

Ovation is going to extend the Alaska season, I don’t think it will be coming to Australia.

Probably   Radiance and Serenade after Christmas doing short cruises.If we are lucky.

1CB2E8A7-FD44-4955-84A6-C273D131F9F6.thumb.jpeg.e681ec0c408ecc0b798ee74ce5714abd.jpeg

20 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

More information from our US member on RCC board.

Interesting Voyager Singapore season is cancelled and now operating with Quantum, 

I can’t see voyager operating with Quantum,it says all sailings suspenses till March 2022. That’s when voyager is supposed to go to Europe.

Wonder will probably take voyager’s place in China.

Incidentally this CC article about the first RCI cruise out of the US with both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers is an interesting read.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6275/?source=99360

I'd like to print it on a hunk of wood that could be used to beat some sense into our wimpy politicians and health advisors. Maybe then they'll allow cruising to restart here. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Incidentally this CC article about the first RCI cruise out of the US with both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers is an interesting read.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6275/?source=99360

I'd like to print it on a hunk of wood that could be used to beat some sense into our wimpy politicians and health advisors. Maybe then they'll allow cruising to restart here. 

There’s a article in Cruise weekly how Australian is the only country in the world not to have some kind of plans to restart cruises.

Its interesting how RC is shuffling ships around.

Radiance ,Serenade and voyager are likely candidates for test cruises .

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a article in Cruise weekly how Australian is the only country in the world not to have some kind of plans to restart cruises.

Its interesting how RC is shuffling ships around.

Radiance ,Serenade and voyager are likely candidates for test cruises .

Australia and NZ, so two countries. From what I've read NZ is being even more stubborn about a restart than Australia - or maybe they are just being more honest about their ban.

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Australia and NZ, so two countries. From what I've read NZ is being even more stubborn about a restart than Australia - or maybe they are just being more honest about their ban.

And much of the local seasonal cruise market is Aust/NZ cruises.

43 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Mid-December cancellations would take them through a renewal of the border closure regs in September. 

I wonder whether there is any “promise” in place after that.

Yes, it's curious. Cunard cancelled the whole season but others have only cancelled until mid-December. Of course they could be just stringing out the cancellations so they don't get swamped with refund or move-over requests, and FCC handling.

2 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Maybe they are hoping against hope that the lucrative Christmas and New Year cruises can go ahead.  Also School holidays.

Yes, probably. Although if cruising does restart here I doubt they'll be allowed to have full ships. Probably no more than 50% capacity for quite a while.

17 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Maybe they are hoping against hope that the lucrative Christmas and New Year cruises can go ahead.  Also School holidays.

I agree that the cruiselines are hoping that there is a chance that the Christmas and NY cruises can go ahead. Why cancel now when they don't have to?