7-1-21 Thursday Weigh-In --- Happy Canada Day Today And Happy 4th Of July On Sunday

Belle

Hope everyone will enjoy their different Holiday

But remember have to weigh on the 8th of July Thursday

So hope your sun and fun will be Bright

But your food intake will be Light

Exercise and games will be Nice

Just remember to drink your water with Ice

For those who have no plans and staying home like Me

We can't get bored and eat everything in the kitchen We See

Because where ever we eat home or out on these Holidays

The numbers on the scale will count on Thursday

H----Have Fun😄

O----On your day

L----Like those your with

I----Invite friends and family over (only if you want to)

D----Dance if you want--any way you want💃

A----And sing if you want-- doesn't matter how you sound🎙️

Y----You deserve to have a fun day in anyway you want (just don't eat to much)

S----Special--Your all Special People in here, kind and and caring--ENJOY😊🌝

HAPPY CANADA DAY JULY !ST-----HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was unfortunately stung by a bee yesterday and wound up in ER (allergic w/o epi). The good side of it was that I found out I'm down to 160.9 and just a tad over 25 BMI!! This thread works! Just a 1/2 lb to go before I hit 'normal' range (which isn't really 'normal' ... couldn't they come up with a better name for it?)

• Like 1

Good morning

Belle thanks for your words of wisdom.  

Ombud - sorry abt your bee sting.  Are epi pens still  expensive.  Yay for getting near “normal range” and BMI of 25.  Good loss.

I officially  weigh in is on tuesdays.   In December i zoomed through the 180,s   With a loss of 10.6 for the month.  For  June I had my second best wt loss month — I zoomed through the 140’s to finish at 139.6 .  This week loss was o.8.  

My ultimate goal is 126.6  but will be satisfied if I can maintain any wt. under 140.  Look great in my travel clothes.   Naked  I will carry the reminder of what I did to myself with the saggy skin. (At my age surgical removal of  loose skin isn’t worth the risks)

• Like 1

I ended up getting up early this morning - had coffee and breakfast and then remembered it was Thursday - I will weigh myself tomorrow - Congratulations to all on the weight loss this week.

Ombud - congratulations on everything you have accomplished. Are you going to get an epi pen?  Used to have one, but haven't in years now ... I have very odd allergies - especially to soy and now it seems to be the oil of choice in cooking.  Being allergic to bee stings is not good!

Izena - how wonderful for you on your weight loss journey.  Too bad that skin doesn't "bounce back".  I have decided that it is ok ... It shows that I have lived!!!  

Susan - wonderful that the move and sale is over, your gain wasn't much!

Belle, as always thanks for all you do - love your poems and starting the thread each week is wonderful -  Jan

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for the words of wisdom & the Canada Day greeting. My friend in Maine says it's also Postal workers day so I have 2 reasons to celebrate, lol!

Ombud ~ sorry to hear about the bee sting but glad you got help. I'd love to be in the normal range rather than the obese.

Izena ~ wow, you've done amazingly well! Kudos to you!

Susan ~ I'm so disappointed as like you I gained, 0.6 lbs. I wonder if the values for my exercises are too high that the MFP app makes me feel like I would have lost rather than gained.

Jan ~ do your DD & baby live close by?

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

2 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

I have decided that it is ok ... It shows that I have lived!!! 

I love that attitude.  Also congrats on the new baby in your family.  We are keeping our 1 month old grandson and 3 year old granddaughter Saturday night for them to go out.  So looking forward to it.

• Like 2

All my kids live within a 15 mile radius of us (and in Maine there isn't a lot of traffic, so doesn't take that long to get to any of them)

I now have a total of 3 grandson's and no granddaughter's.  I do believe that this will be the total for the kids - We will see!

I met my trainer for exercising today - it was good, but I'm tired.  On the way home I stopped at McDonald's and grabbed lunch .... why I did that I'm not sure - I ate 1/2 and the dog ate 1/2 - both of us didn't need it.  I'm still having a difficult time staying focused on this weight loss journey.

In October we are dong a family get together in Charleston with my siblings - I really need to get going so that I have clothes I can fit into!  Jan

Just to check in as it has been a little while..... still on the loosing side... and have know reached

53 lb lost... the rate has been  slow over the last month.....

We  have been away down the coast for 3 weeks..... it really hit me as we buy water as the tap is shocking... anyway carried two 10litre containers of water up two fights of stairs... then when one got the top... realized  that was 44lb of water.... less than what I had lost.....OMG

It really made me realize how far I have come...  and brought a smile to one's dial

Cheers to everybody   and keep up the good work    Don

• Like 4

Ombud--So sorry you were stung. Are you alright?  Nice you found out that

your down in weight. Yes what is normal, I think we're all different at a certain weight.

Izena--Thank you. You've done amazing in your weight loss. You had a loss this week.

You will be at any goal you want soon.  Your really working at it.

Susan--Glad you have finished your move and selling your house. Lot of stress. Nice

you didn't gain more. You'll get it off soon.

Jan--Thank you. Hope you have a good weigh-in. Least you only ate half of the food.

Why we do half the stuff  we do is a mystery.

Jo--Thank you, did it for you. A small gain, check your app. if you feel you lost.

It's terrible with exercising and eating well and  you didn't lose.

Slowly--Nice to see you again. Nice loss. Yes carry the 44lbs of water, that many pounds

you were carrying on your body plus more. You should smile.

Cruise42--Glad you check once in awhile, hope your doing well.

Me--I had a good week. Lost 3 pounds. Trouble is for me I have to eat very little to

lose. I don't starve but have to eat less then others. I'm one that can't eat 12-1300 cals 

a day and lose.

Anyone have plans for the 4th of July weekend or day?

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend. Hope you all check in time to time. Especially

if having trouble with food and drink. If we come in off and on we can help each other

if we're having problems.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 3

Heading to airport in couple of hours.   Anxious about maintaining wt. don’t expect to lose.    Will be nice to see friend. Busy cleaning house —getting home  late. next Friday  always  nice to come  back to a clean house.

Jazzper is with friend.  

Belle awesome loss you are on a roll. I’m with you as far as how many calories my body needs.   Sticking close to 900 calories (actually making myself eat that much- I don’t. Have an appetite)

Jan glad you maintained.  I come from a family of 4 girls. We had a total of 4 sons.   So this generation  has  2 girls and 2 boys.  I haven’t lived close family since I was 18.   Close to younger son.  Other has lived in TN SINCE 2000.  

Don great job on 53 lbs.   When I lift something heavy I often think Wow I used to carry around that wt all the Time

everyone have a safe week.  

I’m having the IRISH  luck.  AA flight cancelled rescheduled for tomorrow.  
thank goodness  our itinerary is wide open.   And no hotels scheduled.  

I used miles and in first class. gets me off flight first.  This is second  trip  in a row that AA has  cancelled flights.

seems a common occurrence lately that airlines are cancelling flights - I think its a pilot issue.   Luckily the   cruise that requires flying isn’t until next June. 

• Like 1

Afternoon All

Jan--Glad you didn't gain and enjoy the 4th weekend and get back

to losing like you want to.

Izena--Sorry your flight was cancelled but glad you have another one. I read

that American was cancelling a lot of their flights. They don't have enough

people working now. Know you'll have a good time once you get there.

Yes I read where you have to eat less too. Some of us are just that way. Others

can eat more. Just one of those things.

Opti--Hope you haven't done as bad as you think and at least stayed the same, no gains.

If you did you just get back on track.

Enjoy your weekend Everyone!

It is 10pm I’m  now getting notification that tomorrow’s 813am flight is being delayed.  I’m in tears soo frustrated.   Did get land line phone for Montana friends mom.  Called and told her not to go to airport an hour away.   I will call when I’m actually boarding aflatoxin to Montana.   Cell service is  dry poor where she lies….   Considering canceling trip all together.

Rebooked for Sunday.   No first class available rest  of Saturday.  I. Have to change planes DFW so want to be as close to exit  in case they are delayed.  Again glad I’m not also dealing with hotels on  these nights —-my reservations for next week have to be cancelled  24 hours ahead.

Down 1.6 pounds this week. Not super happy, seems the losses are getting smaller and smaller but maybe next week will be better. From my 06/05/21 weigh-in to today (07/03/21) I'm down 6.5 pounds. I didn't even start unofficially checking my weight for the first two months of working out since I wanted to focus on the routine, not the weight. I'll never know with certainty how much I've lost since I started. 

My goal right now is to lose another 21.1 pounds before our 10/23/21 cruise. That number will put me into a different "century" weight class if you get my meaning. I've got sixteen weeks to do it so I'm cautiously optimistic. I need to average a little more than 1.3 pounds per week but I'd love to reach that goal a bit early but beggars can't be choosers.

Tried on the suit I got married in today for the first time in many years, possibly since our ceremony on the Adventure of the Seas in 2007. The pants were roomy around the waist, maybe could fit two fingers in between my tummy and waist band. The jacket felt like a dress honestly. It's a single breasted, three button coat and it felt more like a double-breasted coat. This was tailored to fit me back in 2007 and though my memories of how it fit are fuzzy now I doubt it was that ill-fitting then

Afternoon All Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Opti--See you were to hard on yourself. You had a good loss.

Your doing good. Sounds like you losing inches too with the exercise.

Bet that was nice and romantic getting married on a cruise ship. We

did one of those where anyone who wanted came on deck and the captain

renew every ones vows. Was fun.  Was free. They don't do that anymore.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:29 PM, Izena said:

Rebooked for Sunday.   No first class available rest  of Saturday.  I. Have to change planes DFW so want to be as close to exit  in case they are delayed.  Again glad I’m not also dealing with hotels on  these nights —-my reservations for next week have to be cancelled  24 hours ahead.

Hope you finally take flight!! What an ordeal

Hope everyone had a enjoyable day what ever you did, Staying home or

going out. Did you see fireworks? In person or on TV?

How was your eating? Get any exercise?

I ate more than I should and didn't get any exercise--Was a Holiday wasn't it?

Right back  on track tomorrow. (really wasn't that bad but I had been eating very little before)

Food shopping today, have to be good not to let  "things jump into the cart on their own"!

8 hours ago, Belle said:

Hope everyone had a enjoyable day what ever you did, Staying home or

going out. Did you see fireworks? In person or on TV?

How was your eating? Get any exercise?

I ate more than I should and didn't get any exercise--Was a Holiday wasn't it?

Right back  on track tomorrow. (really wasn't that bad but I had been eating very little before)

Food shopping today, have to be good not to let  "things jump into the cart on their own"!

Had a pretty good workout yesterday. Currently cycling right now, then weights. This afternoon we’re heading to movies for a 70s double feature of Jaws and Taxi Driver. Need to be careful not to blow my diet while at the theater lol. 

• Like 1

Opti--Glad you had a good day. Exercising then and now. Good for you!

WOW a double feature at the movies even if older movies!  Haven't seen

double features listed for years around here. Enjoy!

Hope everyone's having a good day.