Mattress & Bedding

CruisingIGo

Good Morning!

We have always enjoyed the O mattress and bedding....best sleep ever!  I am thinking about buying O's mattress set.  When I went to the link on the O website, there is a coupon code (Summer2021) and everything is 30% off.  Nice!

Does anyone have any experience buying an O mattress set?  Good or bad?  TIA!

#CruisingIGo

Your post piqued my interest and like I said above, we love our Italian made O Tranquility bed.  That said I called and spoke to Elle in Miami and have a new Queen bed coming, White glove delivery and yes, they do wear while gloves. Ships on Tuesday to CA. 🤪🙏👍

I always thought I paid a luxury price for our original mattress years ago but with the 30% off, the price was a great value for that quality of a complete bedding set.  Besides I bought a very good mattress a couple years ago for our son and paid more than I did just now with O.  
My wife has been commenting on our sheets and how she wished she could have those 1,000 count sheets/bedding, from the ship. My 🎂my surprise.  
Good  luck. You go Jan, we can compare stories whenever we meet.

Gerry 

16 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

#CruisingIGo

Your post piqued my interest and like I said above, we love our Italian made O Tranquility bed.  That said I called and spoke to Elle in Miami and have a new Queen bed coming, White glove delivery and yes, they do wear while gloves. Ships on Tuesday to CA. 🤪🙏👍

I always thought I paid a luxury price for our original mattress years ago but with the 30% off, the price was a great value for that quality of a complete bedding set.  Besides I bought a very good mattress a couple years ago for our son and paid more than I did just now with O.  
My wife has been commenting on our sheets and how she wished she could have those 1,000 count sheets/bedding, from the ship. My 🎂my surprise.  
Good  luck. You go Jan, we can compare stories whenever we meet.

Gerry 

Looking forward to it!!

Jan

Does anyone know which mattress (Tranquility or ULTRA Tranquility) O uses on their ships? 

A total guess on my part......Maybe it's mixed.......PH and above get ULTRA Tranquility....A and below get Tranquility?

O advertises Tranquility beds in their promo materials.  I just ordered the Tranquility, could not rationalize another $1000 for Ultra.  
Maybe I will check the PH beds to see if they have the Grey stripe vs Blue. Grey is Ultra.  What a way to do “research” for purchasing a new mattress.  
Gerry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

O advertises Tranquility beds in their promo materials.  I just ordered the Tranquility, could not rationalize another $1000 for Ultra.  
Maybe I will check the PH beds to see if they have the Grey stripe vs Blue. Grey is Ultra.  What a way to do “research” for purchasing a new mattress.  
Gerry

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!  Please report back – that could make the cruise tax deductible as a 'business expense'!  [*Note:  I am not authorized to give legal advice... 🤣]

I have it on good authority from the Trump Organization CPA’s that it must be deductible.  After all, we do cruise on Oceania.  HA HA🤪🚢💰

I hope no one takes this as a political jab or statement, definitely not meant to be. Just a joke! 
G

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

About eight years ago I loved the bed on the ship. Ordered one for home. Found it to be too firm, returned it and got a refund. The mattress company told me that had never happened before. Perhaps the ones I had enjoyed on the ships were "broken in" and a little less firm. Still enjoy the ship mattresses. Am still slightly puzzelled by my experience.

I did get a 2”foam topper with the original mattress and I confirmed with Ellie that the topper was included in our purchase.  We are looking forward to our new mattress. 
Good luck should you take this plunge. 
Gerry 

• 3 weeks later...

I had a few mattress questions, so finally got around to calling for more info. 

1.  Marina, Riviera, and Nautical all have the Ultra Tranquility ( versus Tranquility).  I did not ask about any other ships

2.  Ultra Tranquility has 3000 springs

3.  Tranquillity has 700-900 springs

4.  It’s better to order via phone because the rep will include free upgrades. Additionally, the phone orders are processed faster.

Jan, I got my phone call from the trucking company this morning and they wanted to deliver it on Tuesday. Since we are on the road visiting family and friends in So Cal, it will be delivered on the 27th.  
Ciao,

Gerry 😁

It was thanks to this thread that we found out about the 30% discount so thank you all!  We were looking to replace our mattress anyway so it couldn’t have come at a better time.  We called,  set it all up, and received our mattress last Thursday.  As Oceania devotees, we love their beds and we are not disappointed with our new mattress.  

One caution regarding the “white glove” delivery.  We had re-confirmed with the company that this included taking away our old mattress but when the delivery people arrived, they said removal was not included.  After some discussion, we realized that it was a misunderstanding on their part as they thought this was an exchange.  When they referred to it as “trash”, then it was ok to remove the old one! Anyway, it all worked out and we couldn’t be happier! 

Thanks again,

Billie

I can see spending $3K-$5K on a mattress and box spring. I can't see spending $1500 -$1700 for a set of sheets. Unless they are going to come to my house and make my bed Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Called and ordered my KING mattress set today.  Got free pillows and had choice of feather or memory foam. Also learned that the box spring is custom made to order…….which means you can specify the height.  I chose their standard height of 8 inches.

You do not have to order the extra package of bed linens for your new bed. If you do you get the 30% off on them as well. Ours arrived last week and believe me, you are getting more than a couple of sheets.  My wife wanted the feel of that Tranquility bed with 1000 count sheets, “Just like when she gets into bed” on her favorite cruise line.  Who does not like to be pampered!
Definitely not cheap but the 30% discount helps the rationalization. 🤪👍

Cant wait to get mine..and I ordered sheets also..I feel at my age I deserve them!!

Met Gary and Bonnie and had a great lunch and converstion with them..always fun to meet people from CC..

Jancruz1

• Like 3

DITTO Jan, great meeting up with you and Stu for lunch. Now we just need to sail so we can renew and make new friendships.  We have to expand our Oceania family. 
Our bed is scheduled for delivery Tuesday morning, can’t wait.  

Bonnie and Gerry 

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

DITTO Jan, great meeting up with you and Stu for lunch. Now we just need to sail so we can renew and make new friendships.  We have to expand our Oceania family. 
Our bed is scheduled for delivery Tuesday morning, can’t wait.  

Bonnie and Gerry 

I have to say I'm a bit jealous, we need a new mattress and love the Oceania beds. Once you've slept on it at home let me know if they're really that good or if it's just the motion, contentment of being on vacation, and perhaps a few cocktails that make them so sleep inducing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK ORV, I have to confess, we bought one of the Tranquility beds about 8 years ago and have loved it. In a weak, bargain hunting moment after hearing about the 30% discount, I decided to buy a new one for home and move our original one to a family vacation home so I never have to be away from “Tranquility”.  Besides, what can be better than one Tranquillity bed, TWO. 🤪

Truly, if you need a new bed, this is the best sale I have seen from them. I think 10-15% is the previous best for me. The best 🎂 present an older, achy body could hope for. 
Gerry

Our O bed arrived yesterday and we had a great, and comfortable nights sleep. I had mentioned I also bought the bedding package and it is SOOOOO luxurious! We have even more admiration for the room stewards and staff that wash and prepare those bed linens. The box is so neatly packed and the feel is to die for. The admiration and negative, we spent about an hour ironing the fold creases out of the sheets, pillow cases, duvet cover, etc.  We had washed them and they were not badly wrinkled but for that first night experience on our Tranquility bed, they had to be ironed.  The next washing, we will see.  
The new bed is even better than our old O bed that is moving to the family vacation home soon.  If someone needs an incentive or even a push toward rationalization, DO IT, it is worth every penny. 

Those of you who did purchase one, it is great. Congratulations on money well spent that will support you for a long time.  
Bonnie and Gerry