Winter 2022/23

• 2 weeks later...

Well you were right Sniffer, new itineraries online today. Pretty uninspiring fare though, in my opinion. Just the same old Caribbean or Tenerife type trips on offer.

We were rather hoping for something more inspiring and new. Back to Butlins or Rhyl for us as these cruises just don’t excite us enough I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, Manchester is blue said:

Well you were right Sniffer, new itineraries online today. Pretty uninspiring fare though, in my opinion. Just the same old Caribbean or Tenerife type trips on offer.

We were rather hoping for something more inspiring and new. Back to Butlins or Rhyl for us as these cruises just don’t excite us enough I’m afraid. 

Agree, i'm quickly going off Marella. I think they need to re-think itineraries and future ships going forward. Last cruise i did was on NCL and it was far better tbh, more facilities, all inclusive and less price in total.

After this awful covid restriction I have resolved to try and do a Caribbean cruise every year, but looking at the Marella prices for a solo cabin to the Caribbean P&O seems to be a cheaper option for me

Around £3550 for a solo outside cabin in January 2023.

7 hours ago, anchorweight said:

Agree, i'm quickly going off Marella. I think they need to re-think itineraries and future ships going forward. Last cruise i did was on NCL and it was far better tbh, more facilities, all inclusive and less price in total.

We, are feeling the same, nothing new really. I did notice that there is a iceland/Arctic one fron Newcastle this Sept but nothing mentioned for next year. 

Can I ask a question, we have been looking at ncl for a while, are they worth going with, they do a iceland one next Sept we may think about. 

12 hours ago, smithsheff said:

We, are feeling the same, nothing new really. I did notice that there is a iceland/Arctic one fron Newcastle this Sept but nothing mentioned for next year. 

Can I ask a question, we have been looking at ncl for a while, are they worth going with, they do a iceland one next Sept we may think about. 

Hi, yes we loved NCL. We went on the Epic, which was amazing tbh. They do all inclusive much like Marella. I'm looking now for October to the Greek Islands and NCL are cheaper than Marella. I really don't see how they can justify the prices tbh. Obviously its not a package and you have to build flights and transfers.

Can also recommend NCL , been on a few and the entertainment is very good and All inclusive is much better than marella. The Epic is a great ship .Your can get packages with flights,better to use TA or jetliner cruise for ie as cheaper than getting flights with NCL.  Would not recommend getting ur own flights as not protected against cancelled flights/cruise

Horses for courses, etc etc..... And always a personal choice, however........

We have done both NCL and Marella - each have their positive and not-so-positive aspects from our perspective.

NCL All Inclusive (even the Premium upgrade version) does not include specialty coffees.  On the last NCL one we did, cost us over 10 dollars each for a Latte/Capuccino.  For the rest of the drinks package there is not much difference between them, however again we found Marella was easier to obtain drinks with proper mixers, such as cans of coke/diet coke or bottles of tonic and on NCL was less easy, but still do-able.

Marella entertainment (as well as most other aspects of the cruise) is geared for the UK market, whereas NCL is primarily geared up for the USA market.  Just an observation and depends on your individual tastes.... 

We like both NCL and Marella & we know that there is not much difference in the prices, however we pick our cruises for the destinations AND value for money, so in the future we would probably still go with both.

Lastly, if we were forced to pick a 'winner' between them, we would probably choose Marella.

• Like 1