Where will the quest go after Lima, January 2022?

cruisestitch

The announcement on the UK site includes

"Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for her three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings."

The Miami to Lima would be the 4th cruise and is currently showing inside guarantee only (which is what the other cruises showed before the announcement - they now show an error when you try and book)

Edited by Scots Caz

I am on that cruise and was on the two that followed it. They were canceled yesterday. What I can’t figure out is why Miami to Lima remains.  And what will come next in place of the two cancelled cruises.  as you say, something must be up.  But why rip the Band-Aid off slowly? Just cancel if that’s the intent. Oh well, I guess I just have to be more patient.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am on that cruise and was on the two that followed it. They were canceled yesterday. What I can’t figure out is why Miami to Lima remains.  And what will come next in place of the two cancelled cruises.  as you say, something must be up.  But why rip the Band-Aid off slowly? Just cancel if that’s the intent. Oh well, I guess I just have to be more patient.

I'm quite sure it's been canceled too, just needs to be removed; I imagine it will show n/a later today

Edited by laurieb

We were also booked on that 1/23/22 cruise leaving Lima. I talked with an Azamara rep Thursday and was told they don't know where the Quest will go after Lima, or when they'll know. We'll just have to wait & see. Problem for us, we have 2 weeks of land touring planned before embarkation in Lima! And, of course, air booked r/t Santiago.

But I agree with cruisestitch, why keep the Miami-Lima cruise? They've got to get the Quest back to Miami by March 17th, when she sails for Lisbon.

22 hours ago, gnld said:

They've got to get the Quest back to Miami by March 17th, when she sails for Lisbon.

Yes, we need/want the 2022 Mediterranean season to be a GO!

I got nervous when I saw all the changes and cancellations. This is our third attempt at a Grand Prix cruise. We are looking forward to (hopefully) our first Azamara cruise.

I'm sorry so many are dealing with more cancelled cruises.

This cruise is now showing sold out at all categories except inside. As I recall the pattern, that was what happened just before other cruises were canceled.  I am still helping in this case that the cruise will leave from Miami on the schedule date, with a severely modified itinerary. I am guessing we will hear in the next few days…….

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

This cruise is now showing sold out at all categories except inside. As I recall the pattern, that was what happened just before other cruises were canceled.  I am still helping in this case that the cruise will leave from Miami on the schedule date, with a severely modified itinerary. I am guessing we will hear in the next few days…….

You recall the pattern correctly.

That is step 1 before cancellation.

54 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It has been showing this status for over a week now, and I also noticed that the Miami-Lima cruise does not appear at all on some of the “big box” TA web sites when you search on Azamara in Jan 2022.  Anxious to see the revised itinerary. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, cruisestitch said:

Yes, our Grand Voyage 4 x b2b have all gone, no lift and shift options for some.  Patience is needed.  We wouldn't have been able to travel from Australia anyway and I'm very appreciative they've made the decision before final payment was due.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked with an Azamara rep (Erica). She told me the Quest will remain in Miami -- it will NOT sail to Lima in early January. We have land touring planned the 2 weeks before the 23 Jan. cruise, so we were wondering where the Quest would to on Jan. 23rd.

37 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Do you mean it will not go out at all during that interval?  Or it will do a Miami-Miami Caribbean itinerary?

They have said that they intend to release Caribbean and some Canary itineraries some time at the end of the month. No details, though.