Lift and Shift

Edinburghgirl1

Our November 2021 19 night cruise on the Journey has just been cancelled. If we want to use Lift and Shift the only cruise on offer to us is only for 14 nights. Will we be offered a refund based on the nightly rate we are currently paying for the 5 nights less or will we  pay the same as we  are paying at moment bearing in mind the 2022 cruise is currently more expensive?

Unfortunately, The lift and shift  cruises are considered equal.  No refund for the days "lost".  If you are unhappy with their offer, you might propose another option or take the FCC if you have paid.  I assume you haven't paid as I am on that cruise.  I shifted to 16 night Lisbon to Rio 2022 instead. My original 2020 Lisbon to Rio cruise was shifted to the Dubai Nov 2021 cruise, and now shifted back to my original cruise for 2022 again. Fingers still crossed.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, Leo_On_Geo said:

Unfortunately, The lift and shift  cruises are considered equal.  No refund for the days "lost".  If you are unhappy with their offer, you might propose another option or take the FCC if you have paid.  I assume you haven't paid as I am on that cruise.  I shifted to 16 night Lisbon to Rio 2022 instead. My original 2020 Lisbon to Rio cruise was shifted to the Dubai Nov 2021 cruise, and now shifted back to my original cruise for 2022 again. Fingers still crossed.

I’m glad to read of at least one person that was able to L&S back to their original itinerary.  We are trying to do that now—we’d been booked on a Brazil-Argentina cruise in November 2020, and did a L&S to a January 2022 Peru-Chile cruise because our original itinerary was unavailable.  Now of course the Peru cruise is cancelled, and a Brazil-Argentina cruise is available in January 2023.  However, Azamara told our TA we can’t switch to that cruise because it’s not the Peru itinerary!

On 7/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, hiccups said:

I’m glad to read of at least one person that was able to L&S back to their original itinerary.  We are trying to do that now—we’d been booked on a Brazil-Argentina cruise in November 2020, and did a L&S to a January 2022 Peru-Chile cruise because our original itinerary was unavailable.  Now of course the Peru cruise is cancelled, and a Brazil-Argentina cruise is available in January 2023.  However, Azamara told our TA we can’t switch to that cruise because it’s not the Peru itinerary!

Given the lift and shifts that have been approved by Azamara, I would try approaching Azamara directly.

I do not know your TA, but over the past year or so some have made incorrect statements to their clients. Nothing to lose by talking to Azamara direct.

19 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Given the lift and shifts that have been approved by Azamara, I would try approaching Azamara directly.

I do not know your TA, but over the past year or so some have made incorrect statements to their clients. Nothing to lose by talking to Azamara direct.

Our TA has gone back and forth with them, and was told on Friday they just need to get it rubber stamped from above.  If her response is in the negative, then I’ll give Azamara a call.

We told her to make sure to tell Azamara we’d be canceling if the L&S isn’t approved.  We booked that itinerary since it was a PerryGolf cruise, and we want to use that nonrefundable deposit, too.

Edited by hiccups

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

Our TA has gone back and forth with them, and was told on Friday they just need to get it rubber stamped from above.  If her response is in the negative, then I’ll give Azamara a call.

We told her to make sure to tell Azamara we’d be canceling if the L&S isn’t approved.  We booked that itinerary since it was a PerryGolf cruise, and we want to use that nonrefundable deposit, too.

Good luck! I hope all works out satisfactorily with the rubber stamp from above!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Travels with Lisa said:

Has anyone had luck with Lift and Shifting more than once?  

Kind of...

We successfully did a lift and shift - same cruise (almost), same Spa Suite, January 2021, 17 night Australia / New Zealand to January 2022, 16 night Australia / New Zealand. 

When the 2022 cruise was cancelled, we did a lift & shift and got suite category UPGRADE from the Spa Suite to the next category up because both Spa Suites were already sold out.  The 2023 cruise went back to 17 days, and we had to pay only a small amount of $$$ for the upgrade.

58 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

Kind of...

We successfully did a lift and shift - same cruise (almost), same Spa Suite, January 2021, 17 night Australia / New Zealand to January 2022, 16 night Australia / New Zealand. 

When the 2022 cruise was cancelled, we did a lift & shift and got suite category UPGRADE from the Spa Suite to the next category up because both Spa Suites were already sold out.  The 2023 cruise went back to 17 days, and we had to pay only a small amount of $$$ for the upgrade.

That’s a great deal! When I asked my TA about lifting and shifting my canceled 2021 Athens to Dubai to the 2022 version, our original veranda class was sold out and all she would offer me is to try to DOWNGRADE to an OV. I said no thanks.

11 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

That’s a great deal! When I asked my TA about lifting and shifting my canceled 2021 Athens to Dubai to the 2022 version, our original veranda class was sold out and all she would offer me is to try to DOWNGRADE to an OV. I said no thanks.

We were offered the same deal... Spa Suite downgrade to Club Continent Suite with a waitlist for Spa should it become available.  We said NO WAY, but we will take a larger suite if it's a reasonable upcharge - which it was (all other things considered).  So now we're in a Club Ocean suite.

• Like 2

Edinburgh Girl - are you able to enlighten more about being given $500 OBC? 
We used lift and shift to same cruise, but Azamara are not willing to give us any compensation for cruise being 5 nights shorter. Like you, we paid less than new prices, but it does seem unfair given they say any new cruise should be + or - one day in length! Thanks.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:33 PM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

They wouldn’t give us any other cruise options but finally agreed to give us $500 on board credit.  Even though it is 5 nights less we are still paying £2500 less than the prevailing rate.so accepted the switch. 

Sorry, this was what was talking about.

Many thanks Edinburgh Girl.

I too phoned Azamara first and got same response,

( she knew which cruise I was talking about without me mentioning specific dates!) but have also asked my TA to look into. We booked November 2021 and also got a good deal at that time for a club continent suite and overall against present prices are saving  over £2.5k for whole package, but of course that is reduced taking into account cruise is 5 nights shorter!

Good to know I haven’t missed doing anything and hopefully see you on board!