American Queen Steamboat Company Mandates Vaccines on All Cruises; Drops Mask Requirements

On 7/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, seamus69 said:

that is great news.  I wish they had kept the pre-cruise PCR test though

On 7/3/2021 at 9:46 AM, LewiLewi said:

Why? Everyone on board must be vaccinated, there is no need for a PCR test.

Here in Charlotte, a PCR test (CVS, Walgreens, my Health system) costs about $140/pp.  Need to carefully schedule the test -- if I get it too soon, when I arrive AQSC will say "this test is too old." If I get it later, I run the risk of the results not arriving on time.  A very narrow window!  This is why I'm very grateful that PCR tests are not required for the vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Here in Charlotte, a PCR test (CVS, Walgreens, my Health system) costs about $140/pp.  Need to carefully schedule the test -- if I get it too soon, when I arrive AQSC will say "this test is too old." If I get it later, I run the risk of the results not arriving on time.  A very narrow window!  This is why I'm very grateful that PCR tests are not required for the vaccinated.

That was never a problem with AQSC. They gave you the PCR test at the pre-cruise hotel and had the results by the next morning. You didn't have to worry about the timing.

22 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

That was never a problem with AQSC. They gave you the PCR test at the pre-cruise hotel and had the results by the next morning. You didn't have to worry about the timing.

You're right.  I forgot that it was ACL, not AQSC that required a full-blown PCR test before departing for the cruise.