2024 World Cruise

Extremely fast trip and boring itinerary.  55 sea days, no South Island,  no South America except Cartagena and no Africa except for Safaga.  No pacific islands except Hawaii; French Polynesia; and one day each in Samoa, American Samoa, and Fiji.  Most of the overnights are aligned with segments; looks like they are planning on seven segments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Extremely fast trip and boring itinerary.

Could not agree more. I think we have been to almost all of the ports. Will give this one a miss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Our son and his wife  live in Nipomo…. I guess you are neighbors.

sheila

Yes, not too far away. Small world.

• Like 1

I personally like the 2024 itinerary.  It is a lot like the 2021 that we were supposed to be on before COVID.  I am happy to not go to China again, and although we have done some of the ports before, getting to India and Arabia were on our bucket list.  2024 is about the earliest I would trust going to India.

47 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

I personally like the 2024 itinerary.  It is a lot like the 2021 that we were supposed to be on before COVID.  I am happy to not go to China again, and although we have done some of the ports before, getting to India and Arabia were on our bucket list.  2024 is about the earliest I would trust going to India.

Agreed!  We were supposed to be on WC21 so we will gladly book WC24 since 22 and 23 are waitlisted.

• Like 1

I really like this itinerary but 2024 not a good year for us to take a long cruise. We hope to maybe be able to book another Regent WC  down the road. 2023 is a better year for us and we managed to piece together a mini, 80ish day cruise on the dark side (Seabourn and a Windstar). I will say I am jealous to see familiar faces who are talking of booking this cruise. Regent seems to know how to do a WC.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

38 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Agreed!  We were supposed to be on WC21 so we will gladly book WC24 since 22 and 23 are waitlisted.

There are definitely similarities with WC21, but I don't see the itinerary as nearly as rich. Only the north island in NZ for instance.  No South America at all, no Easter Island.  No Tasmania.  Yangon added, but do I really want to go to Burma these days?  They have added Abu Dhabi but removed Istanbul.  And of course it's a true WC, with the TA at the end, which I would actually prefer since you get a relaxed time to pack up. But that also makes it pretty long.

That all being said, if we were 5 years younger, we'd find a way to do it!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

It has a lot in common with the Crystal 2022 WC that we just cancelled. And some other things we'd have liked to see on that cruise. So, yeah, we're booking.

Happy to be booking our first Regent World Cruise.  We've been on a few Grand Voyages.  Looking forward to this wonderful adventure!

5 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We are booking also. We like the itinerary as it different from our Navigator 2018 WC and two earlier around the would trips where we did do any stops in SA, Africa and Asia. Since the Regent 2022 and 2023 were not full world cruises we weren’t interested in those but are doing the full 2022 Arctic if things seem to be more or less back to normal. We are also booked on another line for their 2023 WC, but now that we know what Regent is doing, we had rather do this one and maybe something shorter on Regent in 2023. The all inclusive and Regent can’t be beat…….

I've been looking at a WC and the 2024 is the first I've come across that isn't waitlisted. My hurdle lies in convincing my wife to go on such a long cruise. 20 days seems to be her limit. We are in our early 70's and stay active. Will a WC keep us energized and not antsy being on a ship for so long?

I think so.

We were on the 2017 WC and loved every minute of it. Before that, we had only taken 2 cruises of about 10 days each. There is lots to do on sea days, and of course excursions in the ports were wonderful, for the most part, too.

We enjoyed it so much we sailed on a segment of the 2018 WC and are signed up to sail on the WC in 2023.

• Like 1

Looks like the 2024 Regent World Cruise will sell out in less than 1 day.  Only 3 categories remain un-waitlisted; Concierge D, Concierge E, and Verandah F and that is changing by the minute.