St Lucia is a new port for us.

~Jo~

St Lucia is a new port for us.  We are a small group of older active adults (5 couples aging from mid 50’s to 70 years old).  Is St Lucia better known for its beaches and lazy days or for an excursion?  I’d love to see your recommendations. 

On 7/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, ClevelandCruisin said:

We did a catamaran cruise between the pitons, it took us around and to a small beach where we could swim through NCL. 

Screenshot_20210704-171623_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210704-171716_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210704-171733_Photos.jpg

Wow the water is so clear. 😃 do you remember what beach this was at?

We took a taxi tour around the island. Saw the fishing villages, the Pitons, other scenic lookouts, IMG_20210629_130749823.thumb.jpg.3f0c5163f85d01d2284438e3af3301d2.jpgvolcano, did the mud bath, waterfall rinse, and had some beach time. All were fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I have NOT read any of those that replied to your posting.  To me, I have been blessed to do over 15 cruises, and my "favorite" port is St. Lucia.  To me, it is hard to describe, but it has the hills/valleys, and so many colors, just like a Carola box. 🙂 I have been blessed to visit this port twice, and now I am bringing my 3 sons/3 d-i-l's, and cousin, who have never been here before, as I want them to see, WHY I fell in love with St. Lucia. 🙂  I hope you like St. Lucia as much as I did.  I don't get any money for it, but if you haven't come to St. Lucia as yet, I would recommend Cosol Tours, as it is worth "every" penny of the tour they give you, and more!

• Like 2

Beshears,

I have to absolutely echo your sentiment of "favorite port". It is nothing but magic!

I came back to this forum on St Lucia, in search of Reed Princess, whose info I always seek out. I welcome yours and anyone's thoughts and suggestions.
I wanted to ask about how the island was faring currently post pandemic. We will be there this month on the Equinox. Celebrity requires us to do a ship excursion and wanted thoughts on the 6 hr Catamaran excursion that goes to Pigeon island and then the pitons area.

@reedprincess If you see my post please chime in too.

Arzeena, I hope you enjoy what you do through Celebrity on your cruise in St. Lucia.  As for me, it is very rare that I ever book anything through any cruise.  When I come to CruiseCritic, I find so many questions down through the years, answered of who/what to use when going to a certain port.  That is why I suggested Cosol Tours, as I do NOT get any money from recommending them, but I KNOW after doing their tours (same one) twice, it is "worth" every penny.  All a person has to do is go to Cosol Tours website in St. Lucia, and it TELLS everything they do, and even more they do not tell you. 🙂  

Yes, I agree, Reedprincess has been very helpful to me in the past too. 🙂

19 hours ago, beshears said:

Arzeena, I hope you enjoy what you do through Celebrity on your cruise in St. Lucia.  As for me, it is very rare that I ever book anything through any cruise.  When I come to CruiseCritic, I find so many questions down through the years, answered of who/what to use when going to a certain port.  That is why I suggested Cosol Tours, as I do NOT get any money from recommending them, but I KNOW after doing their tours (same one) twice, it is "worth" every penny.  All a person has to do is go to Cosol Tours website in St. Lucia, and it TELLS everything they do, and even more they do not tell you. 🙂  

Yes, I agree, Reedprincess has been very helpful to me in the past too. 🙂

Thanks.

We would do things on our own too.....but on this cruise, only Celebrity excursions are allowed so have no other choice if we want to go out.

I have also heard 100% positive things about Cosol.

Thank you for replying.

Arzeena, I am really surprised that through Celebrity, you have to use Celebrity excursions.  I have never cruised on Celebrity, but have cruise 4 or 5 "different" cruise lines, and I have always been (if I wanted) to book whoever I wanted, or who to use at whatever port we would stop at, and NOT use the cruise line itself.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, traceytd said:

Anse Cochon, where Ti Kaye is located..

Same for virtually all the beaches along the west coast.. Marigot, Anse Chastanet, Anse Mamin, Jalousie, Soufriere Beach Park, Anse Ivornge, Sabwicha, etc. 

On 7/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, ~Jo~ said:

St Lucia is a new port for us.  We are a small group of older active adults (5 couples aging from mid 50’s to 70 years old).  Is St Lucia better known for its beaches and lazy days or for an excursion?  I’d love to see your recommendations. 

Excursions. Pitons, volcano, mud baths, waterfalls, hikes, plantation tours, botanical gardens, ruins, and so forth..

Depends how active you want to be. A popular tour is boat trip to Soufriere for Pitons, volcano and mud baths, waterfall dip, lunch, beach time..

Safe travels

14 hours ago, beshears said:

Arzeena, I am really surprised that through Celebrity, you have to use Celebrity excursions.  I have never cruised on Celebrity, but have cruise 4 or 5 "different" cruise lines, and I have always been (if I wanted) to book whoever I wanted, or who to use at whatever port we would stop at, and NOT use the cruise line itself.

I believe this is just a current covid protocol for our sailing for StL, Barbados and St Kitts. We have done excursions on our own on previous cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Ashland I agree, I hope Cosol tours will still be doing the tours in March, as we are planning on using them in January.  I have been posting elsewhere, and as I mention, I do NOT receive any money from Cosol Tours, but I highly recommend them, as I have "experienced" their tours twice, and hopefully again next year. Where I posted elsewhere, I have people already notifying me that they just booked with them.  I'm glad, as that brings in more business their way. I don't mind giving out FREE advice, that is how people "learn" about other things going on where they are headed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beshears said:

Yes Ashland I agree, I hope Cosol tours will still be doing the tours in March, as we are planning on using them in January.  I have been posting elsewhere, and as I mention, I do NOT receive any money from Cosol Tours, but I highly recommend them, as I have "experienced" their tours twice, and hopefully again next year. Where I posted elsewhere, I have people already notifying me that they just booked with them.  I'm glad, as that brings in more business their way. I don't mind giving out FREE advice, that is how people "learn" about other things going on where they are headed.

i feel I’m missing out of important info. Are you able to tell me where else you are posting things. 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, Arzeena said:

I believe this is just a current covid protocol for our sailing for StL, Barbados and St Kitts. We have done excursions on our own on previous cruises.

Have you cruised yet?  We are going on Celebrity Apex on 11/4, and its still unclear whether the "ship tours only" rule is still in effect.  If you have already gone, which excursion did you choose?  Were you satisfied with it?

I don't know about the different ships and having to do THEIR tours, but I just contacted Cosol Tours in St. Lucia, and just heard back from them, and unless (God forbid) things get worse, the 8 of us are booked for their tour the first part of January, 2022.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, beshears said:

I don't know about the different ships and having to do THEIR tours, but I just contacted Cosol Tours in St. Lucia, and just heard back from them, and unless (God forbid) things get worse, the 8 of us are booked for their tour the first part of January, 2022.

Keep me updated please....hoping all goes well for you.

Thank you Ashland, I hope to report back if everything goes fine in January for us. My one son is a little "skeptical," and I understand because of ALL the bad things that are going on here in the USA, but I told him, we have to "think" positive and cannot stop living and planning, and God KNOWS what is best for us.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, traceytd said:

Marigot.  Great for swimming, but dead for snorkelling.
Take a cab, then a short shuttle ferry to the “island”.  You may be able to hire a local boatman to boat you back to the ship to take in the beauty of coastal views.  Ask the ferry man.

Please do not ask the outward taxi to “come back” for you if considering boating.  There are plenty of return taxis at the “ferry” drop.

• Thanks 1