Cruise, collector plates, is there a market?

jjaazzy

Going through house found some Inaugural collector plates from 1996 Veendam, do you think there is a market for these old plates?  Ebay has a pretty good list of them but no indication on if there is a market and they are selling, thoughts? 

22 hours ago, jjaazzy said:

Going through house found some Inaugural collector plates from 1996 Veendam, do you think there is a market for these old plates?  Ebay has a pretty good list of them but no indication on if there is a market and they are selling, thoughts? 

There are collectors of maritime memorabilia who might be interested in them.  How much they might be worth probably depends upon the scarcity of the items.  Some people do sell such items on Ebay, but there are professional maritime memorabilia dealers who might be more interested in them than those who shop on Ebay.  Do they sell well?  No idea.  If you would like, I can point you in direction of one dealer with whom I have used and is very reputable.  

• 3 months later...

I have some nice ones, but not for sale as they're part of my personal collection. Some are souvenir, but I do have a couple of actual dining room dinner plates that were used on board ships in the past. I have one really nice HAL plate showing the fleet, but the plate is interesting as every ship on it was sold, so not one HAL ship on this plate is with the company anymore. I'll include pictures of my fave plates in this post, including a nice vintage Delta Queen plate from between 1948 - 1973, a 1960's Dinner Plate from the NS Savannah, A metal souvenir plate from Sitmar Fairsea (it's heavy), and a nice 1991 World Cruise on the QE2.

The HAL Plate Fleet:

MS Rotterdam: 1997 - sold in 2020

MS Veendam: 1995 - sold in 2020

MS Ryndam: 1994 - sold in 2015

MS Maasdam: 1993 - sold in 2020

MS Statendam: 1992 - sold in 2015

MS Westerdam: 1989 - sold in 2002 *Laid up, expected to be scrapped

MS Noordam: 1984 - sold in 2004 *Sold for scrap 2020

MS Nieuw Amsterdam: 1983 - sold in 2000 *Scrapped in 2018

dczrxjw-14f65bba-e2e7-4657-bb3d-9072cedefb60.jpg

dd5zerz-597e5877-af47-47c5-9d3e-d208d49ad88f.jpg

sitmar_fairsea_souvenir_metal_plate_by_wildelf34_dbp5p4x-fullview.jpg

d8sxhzk-193b0525-4ac1-419b-99e8-dee33fb99eaf.jpg

dbmj0q2-1911758d-4771-454a-8ab5-cf743189e57c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Thank you all!  Yes if you would like to send me your dealer I would love to hear it.  Sorry this took me so long to get back here.  I got involved with the Holidays and then I just plain forgot.  But what an impressive collection of plates. Thank you so much for sharing......... 

3 hours ago, jjaazzy said:

Thank you all!  Yes if you would like to send me your dealer I would love to hear it.  Sorry this took me so long to get back here.  I got involved with the Holidays and then I just plain forgot.  But what an impressive collection of plates. Thank you so much for sharing......... 

The email address for the company is info@nautiques.net.  There are other maritime memorabilia dealers as well, but this company is the only one with which I have dealt.