Seabourn changes since the Pandemic pause

SLSD

On 7/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Neverlookback said:

I would describe the growing number of non-vaccinated people contracting the Delta variant as increasing the probability that 100% vaccinated cruises will be required into 2022.  Seabourn does not have a full schedule of itineraries until late Spring 2022 and therefore may be choosing to slow walk future vaccination policies.  Understanding no one wants to give Seabourn money and then have a future OBC, but they continue to have the 30 day no fault cancelation policy.  I have been pleased to see the positive reports from the first two week of Greek cruises.  Life is a risk....  I have not been on vacation for 2 years and we are headed to Athens in 28 hours for 3 weeks on Seabourn.  We are also hopeful to signup for 28 days in October from Athens to Lisbon after a few days on the boat to confirm we are comfortable with everything.  Safe travels to everyone.

After 14 days just got off Ovation and the cruise was great! Enjoy your cruise!

On 7/15/2021 at 11:47 PM, rkacruiser said:

I realize this.  I hope it will not be so.  

This is the sensible thing to do if the cruise lines are interested in rebuilding their business.

As I said, if I must wear a mask at any point in the cruise experience, (pardon my poor English) I ain't cruising!  

There weren't many times when you had to wear a mask.  It really depended on the port.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neverlookback said:

So far everything is great!  Incredible how nearly the same everything is compared to pre pandemic.  The flight from Newark to Athens was not fun wearing a mask.  I don't have plans to wear a mask on board, but Seabourn does provide some nice labeled masks.  As you can see the room when we first entered is the same with the champagne and later canapes from the host that cleans the room.  Was also nice to see the Herald.  The main differences so far are the crew is fully masked and you do lose some of the personality from the wonderful crew due to the masks.  The lifeboat safety training is actually easier as you watch a required video in your room and then visit the muster station where a person describes the process quickly and they scan your card.  The other difference is the change over in crew as we don't recognize too many yet.  Another effect from 16 months of being shutdown.  I did see Amra in Seabourn square and she has always been a favorite for us.  We went to the Colonnade for a quick bite and it looked very much the same.  Maybe a bit more serving from behind the buffet, but looked the same to me.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

Thanks for sharing details and pictures.  Those of us cruising later really appreciate you taking time to post and sharing information.  The pictures are great!

I also checked in today. The process was as smooth as it could be. The weather is very warm and temp difference indoor and outdoor is noticeable. Welcome Champagne bottle available. Ovation will cruise at half capacity. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Did you all show-up at your exact embarkation time or somewhat earlier.  And was the embarkation test air conditioned and comfy?

Hank

We had a 1 pm check in time and arrived via Seabourn transfer a little after 1pm.  I don't believe the check in time is much more than a loose spread out for guests to arrive.  There weren't too many when we arrived and not sure if this had to do with sailing capacity.  The Athens arrival process was a non event as they only wanted to see the email with QR code.  Throughout the various times with government or Seabourn people no one spent time worrying about the vaccination card details.  As long as you had a card, you were good.  We arrived at 10:30 am from Newark and we were quickly moving through the airport process until we got to baggage.  We were the first plane of folks to arrive in the baggage area and then came to a standstill.  Did not get our luggage until 12:30 pm and was worried it had been lost.  The Seabourn transfer was paging us via airport intercom and sent the wife to meet him.  The highways to the port were very nice and not crowded on a Saturday.  We arrived the port at 1:10 pm.  The covid testing tent was rather hot and felt bad for the Seabourn reps in their formal clothes including ties.  They offered water and a cold, damp towel that felt good on my bald head!  😅  It was good to transition quickly through the tent due to the heat.

• Thanks 2

Thank you all for posting, and glad that everyone has found everything enjoyable except for possibly the COVID test. You’re paving the way for the rest of us. I can hardly wait to be on the Ovation for the holiday cruise

Actually the COVID test is comfortable but Greece in the summer is hot and that includes the testing area.   The Celebrity Apex was at the larger (possibly air conditioned) terminal.   We also had a Windstar and Celestyal ship in Piraeus yesterday.  At least two children under the age of 12 embarked and I hope they re vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Actually the COVID test is comfortable but Greece in the summer is hot and that includes the testing area.   The Celebrity Apex was at the larger (possibly air conditioned) terminal.   We also had a Windstar and Celestyal ship in Piraeus yesterday.  At least two children under the age of 12 embarked and I hope they re vaccinated. 

If the children are under age 12, I don't see how they could be vaccinated. 

I wanted to add that Shipbourn pays for the best, less crowded harbor in Piraeus. The staff who are testing the passengers are from Vioiatriki, one of the best testing clinics in GR, considered very reliable.

The weather is so warm at the moment and the A-C so strong inside vessel, making temp difference is immediately noticed.

• Like 1

Went to Agios Nikolaus, Crete today and very much as with previous cruises.  We did not snorkel or use the beach, but attached a pic as Seabourn provides the equipment for folks to use.  Quaint town with the typical shops, restaurants and ice cream stores.  Most folks outside are not wearing masks and required indoors.  I felt safe and my wife wore her mask all the time except to take pics.  Let me know if further questions.  I may not post much additional unless related to adjustments related to covid.  Happy to answer any questions though.  We have already found a waiter in the main dining room that we like and look forward to seeing her again.  We are comfortable to book another cruise this fall with Seabourn and will be putting down the onboard deposit.  There were a couple of other larger boats in this port, but it was not crowded anywhere.  You can see the lack of tourism that must have been felt on these islands.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 1