A Few Crown And Anchor Questions

So my parents and I have been on all the exact same cruises.  My first cruise on Royal Caribbean was in 1999, which would have made me 12 years old at the time.  

I currently have 35 points, but my parents have 51 points.  Why would there be a discrepancy with our point differences?  Could it be that I was too young on my first Royal Caribbean cruise to start accruing points?

Second, how old do you have to be to join the Crown And Anchor Society?  We're thinking of signing my niece up for the program, provided she does well on this next cruise.  She's 8 years old now, but will be 9 when she goes on her next cruise.  I understand that there's a youth loyalty program, but I can't find anything about how to sign her up or how old she has to be.

Third, I'm booking a cruise tomorrow, will my points be added to my account then or would they be added to my account once I actually set foot on the ship?

I'm not mad or anything, but inquiring minds want to know these things!

15 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Points are posted sometime after you've completed the cruise. 

Were you in the same cabin with your parents for every cruise? That could explain the point differences.

Yes, we were in the same cabin for every cruise.

10 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Thank you!  

9 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

When in doubt about credits accumulated, start at Royal crown and anchor site and look at what cruises are credited to your account. 

I did, that's how I found out about the discrepancy.  There was an issue earlier when I had missing cruise points from my earlier cruises, causing an even bigger point difference.  Those cruises have since been added to my cruise portfolio, but at 1 point a piece.

39 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Third, I'm booking a cruise tomorrow, will my points be added to my account then or would they be added to my account once I actually set foot on the ship?

Points post to your account about one week after your sailing.

Pre 2011, C&A loyalty was by cruise credits - hence one point (converted to 8 current points). After 2011, C&A started counting points per night.

My four grandkids started cruising when they were just under 2 yrs of age (youngest is 5 and oldest is 9) and are C&A members (actually they are all D+) thanks to their parents shared level.

Minimum age to cruise and become members is 6 months of age domestic and 12 months international.

Your niece's parent can call and sign her up before she even actually sails.

On RCI it's the Adventure Ocean kids club and you sign her up once onboard....actually just show up to the kids club (lots of info once onboard) our grandkids enjoy their age appropriate club level on every cruise.

Your points will be added to your account at the completion of your cruise and usually shows up online to you within approx a week to two.

Enjoy your cruise !!!

I checked my C&A points today and discovered that my 2019 cruise points were not added. I would have been platinum after that sailing, but it is still showing me as gold. I wrote an inquiry, so we'll see.

We started sailing in 2009, and that first cruise is reflected in the "past cruises" section as a 6-pointer.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I checked my C&A points today and discovered that my 2019 cruise points were not added. I would have been platinum after that sailing, but it is still showing me as gold. I wrote an inquiry, so we'll see.

We started sailing in 2009, and that first cruise is reflected in the "past cruises" section as a 6-pointer.

Some times you have to go into your account where your C&A number is located, erase the number, and re enter it , and the number should correct itself. Don't forget to record the number before you erase it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emory2001 said:

You might just call them and see if they can correct it by phone. They should have records of who was together on each reservation. They may have also had different policies back then. 

This post reminds me of when C&A just started, and I called about having all our cruises accounted for, and the points.  The problem was they didn't have computers keeping track of this in 1973 (you know, the days of punched cards for computer data).  So, luckily my husband had a great memory for that kind of trivia, kept our rosters, then seapass cards, and we were able to reconstruct the history, but I could only give him ship, month, and year on the early ones.  The actual sail dates are lost in obscurity....................

Also, those were the days of 7 or 14 day cruises, so the points were easy to add up:  we only took one 14 day cruise, and all the rest were 7 nighters.

Edited by pcur

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When did membership become automatic? I remember signing up my family and myself after our first cruise.

After 2014.

We sailed in fall of 2014 and you could not join C&A until after your first cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim40 said:

I have two children  between your age, a few years apart one has continued to get points through are cruises but the older one has not .

Of course...once they hit 18 their on their own but retain the level they've received under you.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:08 AM, Ashland said:

On RCI it's the Adventure Ocean kids club and you sign her up once onboard....actually just show up to the kids club (lots of info once onboard) our grandkids enjoy their age appropriate club level on every cruise.

You're mixing your programs up.

The kiddie program on the ship (open to all kids regardless of past sailings) is totally different from the Crown and Anchor loyalty program.

Youth (17 and younger) get different C&A coupons/credits on their SeaPass onboard than adults do.  

You might want to check your cruise history and your parent’s cruise history online to see which cruise(s) are missing.

note that your parents numbers could possibly be wrong due to a cruise being added to their account that wasn’t theirs.

this has happened in the past.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

You're mixing your programs up.

The kiddie program on the ship (open to all kids regardless of past sailings) is totally different from the Crown and Anchor loyalty program.

Youth (17 and younger) get different C&A coupons/credits on their SeaPass onboard than adults do.  

No...I'm not !!...Look at my post again I was giving C&A info in one paragraph and then Adventure Ocean Kid's club in another.

I said NOTHING about C&A coupons !!

But thanks for the effort you made to correct something that wasn't wrong !

also, how would I know what coupons are loaded on my seapass?

We used to get paper coupons in our cabin for BOGO drinks, but that stopped years ago. I was told that they may have been loaded onto the seapass, but how would I find out?