Recent Reviews

twototravel

On 7/6/2021 at 1:33 AM, PeabodyMa said:

Hello, 

• Does ACL have free wifi or paid wifi?

• Are meals always at shared tables or will they seat you at a table for 2?

thank you.

•  

Based on our recent experience the WiFi is free, but you get what you pay for, which is nothing, unless you only go online at 3:00 am.

We are just off the American Song yesterday.  I am working on a long trip review, but it was a good trip.  To Whoopie's point, a rumor had it ten servers quit en masse a couple of weeks ago, but the boat seemed fully staffed last week.

• Like 1

On board American Harmony since July 21st.  Happy to see the experience is much better than the June reviews were leading me to believe.  Cabins clean, good (but not great) food served quickly, adequate number of staff, well-organized excursions and senior staff . . . very good cruise so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCFoodFan said:

On board American Harmony since July 21st.  Happy to see the experience is much better than the June reviews were leading me to believe.  Cabins clean, good (but not great) food served quickly, adequate number of staff, well-organized excursions and senior staff . . . very good cruise so far.

Thanks for reporting your experience.  It makes us future passengers feel better.  I am not surprised.

Any do not miss excursion recommendations?  We are doing the Jet Boat for sure.

keep enjoying your cruise.

Edited by jagoffee

On 7/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, PeabodyMa said:

Is there a safe for documents in the room? Thank you 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, twototravel said:

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I agree, minor things occur on any type of trip, but not getting your food served before an excursion, arriving on day 1 to a dirty room, unable to get soap and linens in a timely minor, receiving cold food, excessive serving time at meals, missed excursions due to poor planning, no buses scheduled to take people back to the airport, etc, etc. are not minor in my opinion. For the money paid for this cruises, expectations should be high. 

We just we just got off the song on Tuesday. I wrote a long review. We had a great time. The food and scenery were terrific. Yes on a safe, no on a refrigerator. The staff is now up to full service. The internet doesn’t work so just relax. The cruise director Corey and the tour director Olivia are great. If you want anything ( we asked for a dozen bottles of water for the room) you will get it. We laughed a lot.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:02 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

We just we just got off the song on Tuesday. I wrote a long review. We had a great time. The food and scenery were terrific. Yes on a safe, no on a refrigerator. The staff is now up to full service. The internet doesn’t work so just relax. The cruise director Corey and the tour director Olivia are great. If you want anything ( we asked for a dozen bottles of water for the room) you will get it. We laughed a lot.

Where did you post your review?

• 1 month later...

We’ve been interested in ACL.  However until the reviews get better for the price I’m not going to take the chance.  It’s already too expensive IMHO and for that cost I’d expect close to perfection.  We’ve done river cruises with Viking in Europe.  They are wonderful.  We really aren’t picky but expect good food,  good service, cleanliness and organized shore excursions.  

10 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’ve been interested in ACL.  However until the reviews get better for the price I’m not going to take the chance.  It’s already too expensive IMHO and for that cost I’d expect close to perfection.  We’ve done river cruises with Viking in Europe.  They are wonderful.  We really aren’t picky but expect good food,  good service, cleanliness and organized shore excursions.  

Viking is coming to the Mississippi, and to the Great Lakes.  I believe they will raise the standards – but probably at even higher prices than ACL and AQSC.