Flying into FLL, sailing out of Miami.

terratrac

Cannot remember for the life of me of the transportation company that I have used in the past, something like STS? Pick up from hotel and take to port of Miami, can anyone tell me of what company I'm possibly thinking of? 

SAS.  I have used them many times in the past.  To my knowledge they don’t pick up at hotels, but I take the hotel shuttle to the airport and SAS picks up there.  Very reliable and reasonably priced.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terratrac said:

Cannot remember for the life of me of the transportation company that I have used in the past, something like STS? Pick up from hotel and take to port of Miami, can anyone tell me of what company I'm possibly thinking of? 

Check the Florida Departures forum.   Good chance there is a transportation question/thread there that will jog your memory.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

Pre-virus the most often suggested shared shuttle options were SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport - and there were several others.  I would also price out Uber/Lyft for door to door service - used to be about $35+ from FLL area hotels to POM

21 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

SAS.  I have used them many times in the past.  To my knowledge they don’t pick up at hotels, but I take the hotel shuttle to the airport and SAS picks up there.  Very reliable and reasonably priced.

Booked SAS from Radisson 17th St. for December and they are picking us up. They don’t pickup in Miami. Still $25.00 pp.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, gizbug said:

Does anyone know if these transportation companies have car seats for a 1yr old or 5yr old? Want to avoid bringing mine on the plane/cruise.

You can contact them about seat availability, but the only way to ensure that the seat is properly sized, maintained and installed is to bring your own.

Note that these companies focus on service between FLL (and some area hotels) and POM; most do not service MIA airport.  Welcome to the boards! 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, gizbug said:

Does anyone know if these transportation companies have car seats for a 1yr old or 5yr old? Want to avoid bringing mine on the plane/cruise.

Jiffy Jeff does and also the company we've used South Florida Shuttle.