Meals on Music Cruise

Everybody has pretty well discussed how great the meals are on ACL.  We leave this weekend for Nashville on the Music cruise to Memphis.  My wife was wondering what some of the meals might be to look forward to.  We are on the second cruise of this season but maybe previous cruisers might comment.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, Texasramblinreck said:

Everybody has pretty well discussed how great the meals are on ACL.  We leave this weekend for Nashville on the Music cruise to Memphis.  My wife was wondering what some of the meals might be to look forward to.  We are on the second cruise of this season but maybe previous cruisers might comment.

Following as we'll be on American Jazz Nashville to Memphis July 23. I hope you'll post while onboard so we can follow along. I'm also curious about masks onboard now. Bon Voyage and have fun! 

15 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Following as we'll be on American Jazz Nashville to Memphis July 23. I hope you'll post while onboard so we can follow along. I'm also curious about masks onboard now. Bon Voyage and have fun! 

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the ACL Cruise Forum (always nice to see a "newbie 😁).

We will be very interested in your point-of-view, concerning ACL.  Hopefully, you will find them as attractive as we do.  Perhaps we can join you aboard some time again (we would really enjoy that), on ACL or some other line?

Say "Hi" to the other half, from us.  We don't sail again until September (Ohio River -- aboard ACL's Queen of the Mississippi).

Safe travels.

NRayH, and Janet too

On 7/6/2021 at 3:42 PM, Texasramblinreck said:

We leave this weekend for Nashville on the Music cruise to Memphis.  My wife was wondering what some of the meals might be to look forward to.

Has the grounding of the Jazz in Lake Barkley had any impact on your cruise?

On 7/10/2021 at 6:59 AM, Ray in NH said:

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the ACL Cruise Forum (always nice to see a "newbie 😁).

We will be very interested in your point-of-view, concerning ACL.  Hopefully, you will find them as attractive as we do.  Perhaps we can join you aboard some time again (we would really enjoy that), on ACL or some other line?

Say "Hi" to the other half, from us.  We don't sail again until September (Ohio River -- aboard ACL's Queen of the Mississippi).

Safe travels.

NRayH, and Janet too

We'd love to sail with you and Janet again. We have many great memories of fun times with both of you. I especially remember our tour to Orvieto and Bangnoregio that started out with a visit to a Tire Shop......and it only got better from there. 

Tire Shop.JPG

Ray and Janet.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Well by now you have hear the Jazz is still stuck in the lake.  Our cruise was canceled, I literally canceled my flight at 3:30 AM Saturday morning leaving at 6:45.  I was able to reschedule for Aug 1 from Memphis to Nashville.  It cost me $681 to rebook flights and I’m not happy with customer service at ACL over the lack of information being provided.  Looks like you will be posting since you are now the cruise before us.  I’m monitoring the situation, hopefully they get the Jazz off soon, they will probably return to Memphis for the July 18 cruise, then your July 25 cruise and ours on Aug1.  Most of the Internet stories are at least 1 day old, but looking at the GPS locator the ship is still in same spot on Lake Barkley.

2 hours ago, Texasramblinreck said:

Well by now you have hear the Jazz is still stuck in the lake.  Our cruise was canceled, I literally canceled my flight at 3:30 AM Saturday morning leaving at 6:45.  I was able to reschedule for Aug 1 from Memphis to Nashville.  It cost me $681 to rebook flights and I’m not happy with customer service at ACL over the lack of information being provided.  Looks like you will be posting since you are now the cruise before us.  I’m monitoring the situation, hopefully they get the Jazz off soon, they will probably return to Memphis for the July 18 cruise, then your July 25 cruise and ours on Aug1.  Most of the Internet stories are at least 1 day old, but looking at the GPS locator the ship is still in same spot on Lake Barkley.

I'm looking for recent posts and agree that not always current. The latest one I posted in the other thread is from today and says Divers are working on a plan to float the ship off the Sandbar and more crew has been taken off the ship. Fingers crossed there is no damage and the 7/18 cruise is a go. 

I do hope ACL offers you some compensation for the flight change costs.  I'll definitely post something while onboard. 

On 7/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I'm looking for recent posts and agree that not always current. The latest one I posted in the other thread is from today and says Divers are working on a plan to float the ship off the Sandbar and more crew has been taken off the ship. Fingers crossed there is no damage and the 7/18 cruise is a go. 

I do hope ACL offers you some compensation for the flight change costs.  I'll definitely post something while onboard. 

I send the info today and they are Going to compensate me at least $500, but she thanks the whole $721 due to circumstances.  Be aware flights are really going up, one of the flights I booked Saturday has already increased over $200 by Monday. 
The Jazz is still stuck, let me know if you hear anything (try calling them).  I hope it happens soon so it can return to Memphis for your cruise. 

24 minutes ago, Texasramblinreck said:

I send the info today and they are Going to compensate me at least $500, but she thanks the whole $721 due to circumstances.  Be aware flights are really going up, one of the flights I booked Saturday has already increased over $200 by Monday. 
The Jazz is still stuck, let me know if you hear anything (try calling them).  I hope it happens soon so it can return to Memphis for your cruise. 

I just spoke to ACL and they have also cancelled the 7/18 cruise. Jazz is still stuck on the sandbar! and then they need to assess the ship for any damage. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. Good to hear they will be compensating you and they should make you whole with full compensation.